The Bretonnians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:43 pm
Wolf Dog Pollo
Bowmen are great with the stakes and they can even be used at skimishers so if you want something more mobile and a plae to put your damsels in so that that they don't die in combat, that is the unit to put them in.
True, but trick is dont let them get into close combat in the first place  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:38 am
But there things that can come up out of nowhere such as dwarf miners, tomb scorpions, tomb swarms, gorgers, beast men and I am pretty sure some more creatures I just know them right now. With skirmishing bowmen it will be easier for you to more them out of harms way, but both stakes and skimishing are good, just depends on your own preference and who you are playing.  

Eldin706

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:24 pm
True, but I normally play in team games, so I'm used to seeing tomb scorpions go at my team mate  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:43 pm
Oh Tomb scorpions how I do love them so. I almost always take at least one since one of my friends always plays dwarfs.  

Eldin706

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:17 pm
I've found assassin in my DE rxbow warriors good deterrent on likes of scorpions  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:16 pm
I find the Fey enchantress is pretty good agiants them on the charge. God bless the Unicorn  

Reddemon

Eldin706

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Well that and the fact that she has a retinue of grail knights with her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:32 pm
Eldin706
Well that and the fact that she has a retinue of grail knights with her.
Only when you have them  

Reddemon

Professional Dead Person

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:11 am
Seraphine-Exalted
their only real potential seems to lie in there flying stuff, which is weird because they are really good for their points, still, ive never seen bretonnia win (except when i was playin bretonnia vs bretonnia long ago'

Then you probably haven't been at the mercy of a well placed spear formation charge  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:00 am
Their main flaw is the long flanks which make a flank charge devastating to them  

Reddemon

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:23 am
I've seen lance broken by flank charge of fast cavalry numerous times... on the charge though lance is nigh unstopable, with lots of attacks (9 strong can use 7 models to attack! thats 14 attacks from grail knights, ouch!), lances strength bonus added,rank bonus , and usual heavy cav resilience to any retaliation from surviving enemies in front rank.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:31 pm
Van Evok
I've seen lance broken by flank charge of fast cavalry numerous times... on the charge though lance is nigh unstopable, with lots of attacks (9 strong can use 7 models to attack! thats 14 attacks from grail knights, ouch!), lances strength bonus added,rank bonus , and usual heavy cav resilience to any retaliation from surviving enemies in front rank.
Only ones I've seen stand up is a regiment of Orges  

Reddemon

darkmage676

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:47 pm
with a nice tasty meat sheild of men-at-arms covering one side usaully negatates the flank charge problem  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:28 am
I cannot see men-at arms keeping up with advancing lance... mounted squires better, but with new hth rules it will be breakthru and second combat....  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:27 pm
darkmage676
with a nice tasty meat sheild of men-at-arms covering one side usaully negatates the flank charge problem
Though Van's use of the net-engish style of speak, he made a valid point. Men at arms have a lacking quality to being side by side with lances  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff