PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:22 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife
Blowpipes are move-and-shoot so you can move 12" then shoot 12" giving skinks and effective range of 24". Even with the -1 for moving still gives you a good chance of hitting a decent amount of times.

no shooting after marching

Fast Calvary Can...

since when are skinks cavalry?

I never said they were....

then how is this relevant?

You said, "No shooting after marching."

in response to 12" move for skinks, which is, except for flyers and stuff, impossible with standard move.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:16 pm
What in gods name happened to this thread?
Hurricane stupid touch down on gaia again?
(not you seraphine smile )

no, seriously for a minute...you can't move over 6 inches and fire any weapon if you're not fast cav, and there's no ranged weapon using fast cav skinks.
Yes a few blowguns can pop a giant, but in any normal battlefield situation a javelin armed squad will do so more effectively. Did you read the previous posts? (see why I broke it down like that now?)
If you did you'll see that the javelin is in every way a better ranged weapon.
Of course you can move and fire with a blowgun, but you suffer a -1 to hit with it for moving (and if you're over 6" away an additional -1 for long range) and another -1 if you repeat.
So what you're saying is you're rather have 40 shots that need 7's to hit with no chance of poison over 20 shots that hit on a 4+ and CAN score poison?
Do people even read the rulebook anymore? gonk  

Jerhien

Traitor Jacknife

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:50 am
Jerhien
What in gods name happened to this thread?
Hurricane stupid touch down on gaia again?
(not you seraphine smile )

no, seriously for a minute...you can't move over 6 inches and fire any weapon if you're not fast cav, and there's no ranged weapon using fast cav skinks.
Yes a few blowguns can pop a giant, but in any normal battlefield situation a javelin armed squad will do so more effectively. Did you read the previous posts? (see why I broke it down like that now?)
If you did you'll see that the javelin is in every way a better ranged weapon.
Of course you can move and fire with a blowgun, but you suffer a -1 to hit with it for moving (and if you're over 6" away an additional -1 for long range) and another -1 if you repeat.
So what you're saying is you're rather have 40 shots that need 7's to hit with no chance of poison over 20 shots that hit on a 4+ and CAN score poison?
Do people even read the rulebook anymore? gonk
Yes peopel do read the rule book infact its sitting next to me now but considering i only got said rulebook a few weeks ago i've still been playing old rules so unsupirsingly i have'nt read it cover to cover like mabye some people would like us to before posting any opinons about Warhammer (Jehrin) . I ahve also not read all the codexes cover to cove rlike mabye some would like us have to before posting anything about the armys (Jehrin again). So terribley sorry obviously i shouldn't post in the guild untill I've read then all cover to cover, which i proabley will not be doing. So adieos guys.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:06 am
No no no, relax silly. I was goofing around, I don't think you're dumb and if I did I'd have told you!
No you don't have to read the rulebook cover to cover, but reading the previous posts is always a good idea (I went into excrutiating detail on the subject earlier.) I'm sorry I offended you, the first part was meant as a little friendly banter (if a bit abusive, but eh).
I don't expect you to read everything, dude...I worked with the company for a time, and I had to read all the codex's...I'm not trying to come off as being snobby or anything, but you have to admit it's kind of silly posting that after I wrote a page long post detailing the weapons penalties when firing from just those conditions.
Anyway, moving away from the sillyness....and back towards the lizardmen!
Anyone used a Quoatl yet? (I know I spelled that wrong) They look neat, but I wonderf if they're worth using...any advice?  

Jerhien

Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:50 am
I've almost never found blowguns to be more effective than javs. My force is almost entirly skinks and kroxies, and they're all equiped with javs.

But I hav a dilemma with said army. It's 2000 points, but because skinks are so cheap I can afford some scandelously expensive models. There are two models which I have always been in love with: 2nd generation Slann and Salamanders. Both are brutally effective and very cool.

Perceptive readers will have by now recognized my problem: 2nd generation Slann take up a rare slot! Do you think I should take the fat guy and just one unit of 'manders, or should I max out my firepower and take a lesser spellcaster?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:43 am
For pure effectiveness I'd go with a 2nd gen slann. Unless you're playing a southlands army (which is mostly skinks) then you might want to try taking two skink priests as a lord choice instead and throwing in the extra unit of salamanders, I guess I'd just play with two lists, one for fun and one for beating the snot out of people.  

Jerhien

Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:04 pm
With the exception of the slann, my army is legal for either Southlands or Lustria. Southlands is nice because I can give all my priests spawning of Tepok (+1 dispel dice). The priests can just sit there any pump out second signs for minimizing Kroxigor wounds, salamander misfire casualties, and giving my constantly fleeing skinks a chance to regroup. The Skinks are also faster than the old toad. On the other hand, the Slann would provide serious magical firepower. I think you're right: I'll go with two lists and see which is more effective.

I love those Slann models. Jabba! Which Lizardman model is your farorite?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:25 pm
I'm just starting to collect Lizardmen, and I'm going for the Chosen Army of Sotek. Am I going to have a rough time against my opponents with this army? I seem to choose armies that take alot of skill to use effectivly. BTW, I'm taking some peoples advice about loading up on Skinks.  

Kupo-Sama

Welcoming Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

WalkingTree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:35 pm
Hey, I've got a question:
would ya'll prefer to use the older saurus models or the newer ones?
Reason is I came upon about 80 of the old styled ones in their sprues, and contemplating wheter or not to use them or buy new ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:51 pm
Sorry about the throwing question, I was confused 'cause in a White Dwarf Issue it talked about how Gnoblars could march and throw their weapons.  

Drachyench

Kupo-Sama

Welcoming Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:51 pm
WalkingTree
Reason is I came upon about 80 of the old styled ones in their sprues, and contemplating wheter or not to use them or buy new ones.

Dude, if you found 80, I find that reason enough to buy them!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:59 pm
Kupo-Sama
WalkingTree

Dude, if you found 80, I find that reason enough to buy them!

Do you mean it's reason enough to buy the new ones?  

WalkingTree

Kupo-Sama

Welcoming Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:49 pm
Old or new dude! 80 is a big number, I say buy them. Besides, to find the old ones with their sprues is a rare find. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:37 pm
Kupo-Sama
Old or new dude! 80 is a big number, I say buy them. Besides, to find the old ones with their sprues is a rare find. biggrin

Oh, sorry. I wasn't being clear. I *have* about 80 old plastic saurus in sprue.
They look something like this:

User Image

You think I should go ahead and paint them all up? Or sell them for next to nothing on Ebay?  

WalkingTree

Kupo-Sama

Welcoming Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:08 pm
I'd say paint them. They'd still be usable right?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff