The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:02 pm
Another Tip smile

also in terms of being a lizardmen player having the cold-blood rule realy does allow you to take units of 10 temple guard or even only having a two Rank bonus in a unit of normal saurus having one less rank bonus don't realy effect lizards that much.

but if you fighting longbeards,black orcs and other units like these you got to have the numbers but thats where i use this to saved Points from taking a Rank off and spending it on Skink skirmishers after one unit or two of doing this sort of Style you'll get a skink unit of 10 to support and shoot maybe flank canceling the opponents rank bonus's.

plus the possiablites in a battle to use them extra skinks to do somthing else and try to flank the Rear of a combat in Progress thats already been flanked by a support skink unit.

this sort of style just bulks up the chances of flanking and shots since lizardmen don't get many chances to shoot at things if theres only saurus on the field.

got to say its worth the risk if you prefer army tactics over Brute force 20x poison shots for getting rid of a rank thats only going to be covered by the cold blood rule, this also used with the Wardrum and a Battle banner will up any skinks leader ship from 6 to 8 and saurus from 8 to 10.
and normal i give the wardrum to the Priest using a magic engine sat right in the middle of the army lines.
pretty much a unbreakable.
of course this would only work well or solid if you played 3k+ match.

its basicly using the empire flank Regiments tactics but without the auto Wrap around the empire use when there charged i think thats still being used if not even better for the Lizzys.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:07 pm
Inenor
i'm already tired of my new lizzy book .. everywhere i go the first damn question i'm asked is, " are you using any stegadons?" >_O and it irks my nerves ... so i made a list with NO stegadons in it and guess what ... i think i'll mud stomp most armies now

1 Carnie lord
1 Poisoned Great weapon weilding scar vet
1 skink priest
60 Saurus warriors
20 skink skirmishers
5 Saurus Cav
5 Terradon Riders
and a 3 salamander strong hunting pack

i'll post the list in detail in the lists section and you will see how devestating it can be twisted

lol iv gotten use to it , if they ask you its because there Scared of it and it helps them prepair them selfs for the most appropate battle line.
i never tell them if im using a stego unless my general is using one.
i learned this from playing against dwarfs at the club.
i told him im using a stego or two and he just Plonks a unit a slayers right in front of most of his shooters(that typicaly go on a hill) and guards his flanks with normal warroirs( with maybe a hero) to stop the skinks and saurus and the random special unit .
this royaly buggers up the chances of a decent stego charge:p  

Andre_kelfar11

Green Granny Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:17 pm
I'm a newblet at Warhammer, I just started last year. The first army I chose and went for were the lizardmen. Reasons being that in my favourite novel series there are creatures called 'Draconians' which I absolutely loved so yeah.

And I have to say I'm surprised on how awesome they are. They're just what I look for in an army. A healthy dose of magic and combat, and it's easy to choose one or the other if you don't like one. I have a 2k point army of them, I usually have 1 slann, 20 temple guards, 24 Saurus, a steg, skink priest, and a few skinks here and there if I can fit it all in.

I love it, the all-awesome Slann with the combat from the Saurus.

I may change around my army from time to time though since Slann+steggy take up a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:38 pm
that is the best thing about this game and this army, you are not stuck to just one single game plan.  

Inenor

Inenor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:36 am
i have not been having much luck with my army lately ... i think evryone in my store has grown accustomed to my style of play gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:39 am
Have you lot seen ebay latley They gone Lizardmen mad with commison painting.

and the one thing that has Miffed me off is Charging £20 for a Skink Priest painted that was made from Stegadon spare parts, then decide to sell the painted Stegadon for £120+ well i thought about it and the stegadon justifies part of a wage if you paint for a living but i mean there is just no way you can made a decent living off just painting.

the cheapness you have to go to make a priest from stego scraps.

you can make two proper heros a chief and a priest, if you make a normal stegadon.
i just don't like how they could think about charging some one £20 for a few spare parts thats barly £2's worth of the stegadon box. scream  

Andre_kelfar11

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm
my new standing record for my new list is W:2/D:2/L:0 WOOT! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 pm
I'm actually curious to the fluff of the lizardmen, considering they are mentioned as the Old Ones. I know this doesn't have any connection to 40K at all, but I'm curious to their story and stuff, because I immediately thought of the old ones who created the orks and the eldar. So is their any mention or possible reference or is it all for the sake of a name?

Midnight Ethereal

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 pm
The lizardmen isn't mentioned as the old ones, they were led and cultivated by the old ones when the old ones decended upon the world of Fantasy through a warp portals which were created on each pole on the planet, and it's also mentioned in the fantasy rulebook that the old ones accidently brought greenskin spores through the portal into the world.

The old ones found this race of lizardlike creatures and learned the Slanns to use magic and such as well as cultivated them and managed to create a society, they also later on created elves and dwarfs, and as it's rumoured they worked on another race which wasn't completed, which many points to being the human race in that world.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 am
Okay thank you for clarifying.

Midnight Ethereal

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:44 am
You're welcome.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:20 am
I am a newbie at Warhammer Fantasy... I have played Warhammer Lord of the Rings & Warhammer: 40K, I was the Tyranids, but my brothers and I are starting Warhammer Fantasy and I chose to be the Lizardmen. I am wondering on some good tactics on versing the Vampire Counts and Chaos. I dont have a Codex at the moment so bare with me for that as I am not rolling in the cash.  

Yotomoshi

Hygienic Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 am
I'm clueless when it comes to lizardmen... But a good start would be the battalion and a hero of some kind, a hero Saurus perhaps.

I'm not going to go into tactics and such but if you ask me any army's good when it comes to battalions when starting a new army and adding one or two heroes to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:28 am
The Battalions would be a good place to start, although...

...I dont have the money for it, I would need about 200 bucks for the Battalion and the Codex but I myself are broke, ive only got change.  

Yotomoshi

Hygienic Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:35 am
Then just save up, if you buy units all alone you will most probably buy the ones in the batallion sooner or later, save your money for a while and you'll save money on a good deal too, but you know there's also christmas comming up... Why not ask your family for it? :3  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff