Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 am
So ... now that the book has been circulating for a good while anyone have any good stories about playing with and/or against lizardmen?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 pm
I've only seen them getting their a** kicked several times against undead and Empire... It makes me sad... >:

But it's new list, and it's goin' to take some time before people get to use more competative lists. wink  

Shinobi_8745

Inenor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 pm
i have not had much luck against undead or empire either. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm
i'm already tired of my new lizzy book .. everywhere i go the first damn question i'm asked is, " are you using any stegadons?" >_O and it irks my nerves ... so i made a list with NO stegadons in it and guess what ... i think i'll mud stomp most armies now

1 Carnie lord
1 Poisoned Great weapon weilding scar vet
1 skink priest
60 Saurus warriors
20 skink skirmishers
5 Saurus Cav
5 Terradon Riders
and a 3 salamander strong hunting pack

i'll post the list in detail in the lists section and you will see how devestating it can be twisted  

Inenor

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:41 pm
anyone come up with a good dead stomping list? V.C. keeps razing my temple cities X_X  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:12 pm
Inenor
anyone come up with a good dead stomping list? V.C. keeps razing my temple cities X_X

Judicious use of Engine of the Gods. Double Engine of the Gods vs. Undead, Daemons or Forest Spirits is double hax. I play pure Forest Spirits, and as soon as his old stegadons got in range and started spewing out Burning Alignment twice each magic phase, my army just evaporated. I imagine undead would have much the same problem.  

Oryn

InteriorCrocodileAligator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 pm
I'm starting a lizardmen army soon biggrin

or well, I have alrdy gotten one stegadon XD

I'm gonna go for an all skink list, with a unit of kroxigors in one of the skink squads aswell as some stegadons (*sigh* I'm sorry, but I realy love them... cheese tastes good anyways razz ) but the only saurus in my army will be the lord of carnosaur razz otherwise I will only have a skink chief and skink priest.

And no, I wont have many skink skirmishers, I'll have to cut on the cheese in some places razz think it will work? smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am
in the army book i think they actally give you an example of a list like that ... or it was a white dwarf ... i don't quite remember, but they do give an example of that army, so in all actuality a massive steggie army backed up by rank and file skinks can win combat if your impact hits cause enough wounds and you get rid of the unit champ or hero in a unit  

Inenor

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:30 pm
hey everyone sorry not been on in a while. been really busy.

I have never played against undead with lizardmen. but i have a few thoughts that might help...? (if anything I say is totaly out of date please correct me) also most of this will seem really obvious, but i don't know any specifics of your army or your friends.

one of there strengths is everything causing fear. units which share ( and thus cancel) this quality would rob them of this.

there very character dependant. though characters will be well protected and vampires are usually hard as diamond anyway.... maybe try and magic them to death? or assign a character and unit for assassination duty and expect and plan for them not to see the end of the game. they may wound the vampire/necromancer enough to make them more vulnerable when the fighting really sets in or soften up there body guard.

or

by and large there troops are easy to kill but come in large numbers which can be replenished with magic. the large numbers for rank bonuses and fear causing is important for them to win combats. you might try 'working' on the body of the army that is to say kill as many of the basic troops as you can and do everything you can to hinder there magic phase to stem replenishment. so you wouldn't be hitting the weak spots but the 'bulk'.

just some thoughts...hope it helps... sweatdrop probably won't!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:27 pm
Anyone got a good lord build for going up against orcs? like for C.C. a carno lord with 9 attacks or 5 w/o armor saves or 6 atks with ASF or 5 str 6 atks with poison? OR a mage with +1 dice to cast, one lore, etherial, terror w/ diadem, one scroll, one stone, and plaque of 2+ ward, etc.  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:01 pm
It would depend, is it a friendly or competative game? Fluffy or not? Or perhaps it is for cheer awesomeness!

When my local Lizzie player plays against my orcs he always take a Saurus character and does all he can to challange me (and I do the same with a warboss).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 am
It's a friendly match up, but i've never beaten him in a game so he's sorta my rival at the GW we play at.  

Inenor

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:37 pm
killing orks is easy but needs some sort of tactics to realy throw there own army out the window.
i would suggest using a normal stegadon with a giant bow.
using the typical tons of blow pipes don't work that well vs T4.
but since there a mobby army i normaly take units of 20x saurus warroirs (with shields)

to soak up the mob attacks they only got 1 atttack each and now with the improved scaly skin a 3+ save in combat is more than enough (with hand weapon+shield)

take a hefty unit of skinks.
lizard magic heros are too squishy they won't survive a attack rely.
so some times i do take a Shink chief on a Stegadon with the Warspear for 50pts a sweet charge of 2d6+1 impact hits and the chief gets a 3+ save.

but i guess thats getting too points heavy.
try and avoid squishy stuff.
most of ork armys don't have any shooting realy.
i find them to be very similar to lizardmen in combat stats apart from there rules but lizardmen saves are better from a saurus point of view.

i did once think of using a slan mage to fight in combat with temple guard
lore of fire that spell that gives the user 3 attacks at st5 or somthing like that they guys got a 4+ward save anyway it makes up the damage if the Temple guard fail the first rank.

one thing i do know is that Saurus cavelry will make mince meat of any core unit on a charge or after even against orks&goblins.

but as a typical problem in lizard armys if theres cavalry you can't realy offord a slan and have a decent army to fight a horde.

for this its just about 1,000pts of lords/heros
Slan mage- lore of fire, Divine plaq of protection, 2x Discipline = 355pts (make him immortal to normal attacks and give him Regaration)
Skink priest lvl 1= 65pts
Skink chief on stegodon= 290pts (Giant bow in the rule book it says two skinks must be alive to fire the bow but it don't say if the chief since his a skink can use it on his Bs so if he allows it Rock on why not a dwarf can use his heros bs to boost his cannon ect ect ect) ps . keep the shink chief cheap as possible just give him a good magic weapon Strike first or Burning blade this will do some unavoid able wounds or scrap the stegodon and put him in a skink skirmish unit with a few upgrades to save the 200pts)

Chatax the eternal warden=335(this will stop them little fanatics)

Total heros = 1,110pts
Core
20X saurus warroirs = 250pts

10x Skink skirmishers = 70pts
20x skink skirmishers = 140pts

Special
15x temple guard = 268pts
full command

Rares

2x Salamanders = 150pts(razordons if you have any there Extreamly good vs chargers

59 points short of 2,000pts
tweet it get rid of the magic if you have to working 2x salamders and 2x razordons next to each other works wonders if you put the razordons sort of like this

Key
0= salamanders
1= razordons

11 11

00 00

just so one salamander is behind the razordon and one is just out so one can fire properly with no problems the other can shoot ether way with risk of hurt the razordons.
but doing it this way O;o i know i don't wana get hit by 2x artilay so i'll get that single salamander that sticks out charges it . most people think that razordons and salamanders can only charge at 45 angle but there skirmishrs so the razordons can flank .
a solid formation works wonders but don't try it against Cavley iv tried it vs chaos knights there scaly skin just won't stand upto it.
but it realy does force the person your fighting to charge or keep getting shot by the two groups.

any way the would have to be atleast one maybe two full moves away from them to ovid the flame templates if they move foward for the charge they get all 4 shooting at them again then ether way they will get charge by both groups since the razordons and salamanders only take up two model bases so all 4 of them in the front rank after all that shooting .
Charge or Be killed!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:28 am
I must correct you... It's orcs... Not orks... Orks is 40k, orcs are fantasy.

ANYWAYS! Back to the subject~
Taking a Slann at below 3k points is a bit overkill... I've never seen any of our Lizzy players nor our local serious tournament players, they all go for a Lord version of the Saurus (often mounted on a Carnosaur).

Also playing 2k points is boring... Playing the standard points of 2250 is alot more fun, it lets you take that little extra everytime, countless of gamers use it as the standard and about every single tournament does.

I'm just going to suggest a bit of what our local player use mostly.

A skink shaman on a stegadon and engine of the gods, I'm pretty much the only one who've managed to take it out in our club with a combines chariot charge along with black orcs, damn I hate that thing, especially the AOE magic thingy...

Big block of saurus with spear, 24 having the unit 6x4 or 25 having it 5x5.

10-15 temple guards, he isn't up for rank bonus with that unit, it's there for hefty combo-charges giving the fight a bit of spice.

Salamanders as flank protection, 2 of them is a good go.

A skink shaman running around with a unit of skink skirmishers, they'll protect him, and if you go into a wood they're even more protected.

Saurus cavalry of 5-6 models with the +D6 banner one, gives you some nice charges and always suprises the enemy, our Lizzy player got suprised as well when my 10 boar boyz used a banner with the same effect to charge his unit... Hurr hurr...

Lets see what he uses more... I think he either had a Saurus BSB or just a normal Saurus hero to go with the spear block.

I'll try to refresh my memory a bit more...  

Shinobi_8745

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:06 pm
na i think 2k is fine for a slan to be used most people think you have to kit them too the max down here.

lol chariot on the charge with black orcs(yes there not much difference is there) anyways thats more than enough to take down anything and cause serious damage to a tough special charater:p

most of the time down here a lord old blood on a carno would be just shot with a bolt thrower and i don't like Relying on a weak 5+ ward save to save him.
due to back luck with carnos i rarly use it.

lol ya that I did use lord kroak in a 2k army with a magic engine its so devastating when i used it vs a Thunder Army of dwarfs with a anvil.
just a walking block of lizards by turn 3 all the hits started one turn of magic i used all my dice on lord kroak on 20+'s wiped out 2/3 thunder units half the cannon crew, organ gun crew, battle banner, a unit of Quarrellers.
by that time i had 20 skinks flanking the Anvil:p
it works wonders vs shooty arms.
i wonder how wood elfs would fair against it.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff