DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:35 pm
Come here to discuss Orcs and Goblins of Fantasy Base WarHammer.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:43 am
Orcs are awesome, and although they lack armor saves, the T4 makkes it harder for shots to hurt them in the first place.  

Drachyench

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:16 am
Army I want[ That I don't have (3000 points)]

Lord: Grimgor Ironhide (Inside 19 Black Orc bodyguard w/additional hand weapons) 730pts.

Black Orc Warboss (Inside Black Orc Unit A), Basha's Big Axe of Bashin', Sizzla's Shiny Baubles. 220pts.

Hero: Borgut Facebeater(In Big'Un Orc Unit) 175pts.

Orc Shaman(Level 2), 2 Dispel Scrolls. 150pts.

Black Orc Big Boss Battle Standard(In Big'Un Orc Unit A), Gorks Waagh! Banner. 110pts.

Core: Orc Big'Uns unit A(24 Big'Uns), Additional Hand weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 192pts.

Orc Big'Uns Unit B(25 Big'Uns), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 249pts.

Orc Unit(30 Orc Boyz), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 234pts.

Black Orc Unit(19 Black Orcs), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 257pts.

Boar Boyz(10 Boar Boyz), Musician, Standard, Boss. 218pts.

Orc Arrer Boyz(16 Arrer Boyz), Musician, Standard, Boss. 140

Special Units: Rock Lobba, Orc Bully. 75pts.

x2 Spear Chukkas, x2 Orc Bullies. 80pts.

Orc Boar Chariot. 80pts.

Orc Chariot. 80pts.

Rare: Effigy of Gork. 0pts.

Total: 2990pts.

Power Dice: 4
Dispel Dice: 3+1 for every Black Orc Lord/Hero within 24" of Effigy  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:47 am
i stopped reading your list at "grimgor ironhide" because i dont like using special characters in games (unless its a tournament with a wargear restriction).  

greqrg

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:59 am
greqrg
i stopped reading your list at "grimgor ironhide" because i dont like using special characters in games (unless its a tournament with a wargear restriction).

He's only in there because it is "Grimgor's 'Ardboyz"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:02 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
greqrg

He's only in there because it is "Grimgor's 'Ardboyz"

oh, i see.  

greqrg

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:45 pm
Does anyone else here play Orcs, or is it just me?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:43 am
are they any good? What are the plus and minus' to them? My mate got the starter box and may be sending the orks my way. So any advice is appreciated.

I know it comes with a chariot a boss 16 archers and 18 boyz. What would be the point value of this and what else would be good to add to it? Thanks again...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:53 pm
Lozt_1
are they any good? What are the plus and minus' to them? My mate got the starter box and may be sending the orks my way. So any advice is appreciated.

I know it comes with a chariot a boss 16 archers and 18 boyz. What would be the point value of this and what else would be good to add to it? Thanks again...

It also comes with 10 wolf boyz. Here is some info, Orcs rely mostly on the stronger "Orcs" for actually hurting stuff, the goblins are just there to absord fire and use their numbers to beat enemies in Combat, as they are cheap and they don't cause panic when fleeing by orcs. The Orcs won't win any archery contests, but they can still hurt with their war machines. The Chariot will cause anywhere between 2 and 7 automatic S5 hits on the charge, plus 2 WS3 S5 hits and WS3 S4 hits on the charge, so don't let that happen, kill it by charging it instead. Now, the Boyz with command are a problem, they can get a potential 7 WS3 S4 attacks and 3 WS+S4 attacks, so try to trim them down by shooting. All in all, keep the Orcs away from your troops, and never let them charge.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:33 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

It also comes with 10 wolf boyz. Here is some info, Orcs rely mostly on the stronger "Orcs" for actually hurting stuff, the goblins are just there to absord fire and use their numbers to beat enemies in Combat, as they are cheap and they don't cause panic when fleeing by orcs. The Orcs won't win any archery contests, but they can still hurt with their war machines. The Chariot will cause anywhere between 2 and 7 automatic S5 hits on the charge, plus 2 WS3 S5 hits and WS3 S4 hits on the charge, so don't let that happen, kill it by charging it instead. Now, the Boyz with command are a problem, they can get a potential 7 WS3 S4 attacks and 3 WS+S4 attacks, so try to trim them down by shooting. All in all, keep the Orcs away from your troops, and never let them charge.
Most of that was greek to me but thanks for the advice. I have not played fantasy in like 14 years... I am hoping to only build a small army so my friend can use his skaven on occassion... Whats good to add then Lots and lots more Orks? Should I avoid Goblins as much as possible when I buy stuff?  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:39 pm
Lozt_1
Most of that was greek to me but thanks for the advice. I have not played fantasy in like 14 years... I am hoping to only build a small army so my friend can use his skaven on occassion... Whats good to add then Lots and lots more Orks? Should I avoid Goblins as much as possible when I buy stuff?

No, Goblins GOOD! Night Goblin Fanatics cause d6 S5 no armor save hits when they move into enemy units, the cannot be assaulted in Combat, they are fearless, and if you have a Goblin Hero in the Night Goblin Hero in the unit, you can do up to 2d6 S5 armor save ignoring hits on the first turn. That means, with luck, fanatics can cause 36 hits on a unit the turn they are released. And the wolf riders, they can, with some luck, charge up to 48" on one turn. And get snotlings, they may be weak, but they hold enemy units like nothing else can. A full Snotling unit has 30 unbreakable wounds. Plus their chariots cause 2d6 impact hits instead of the normal d6. Plus, night goblin shamans have the mushrooms that can make their spells go off more often. But if you want troops to kill stuff in Combat, get more orcs. I'll explain more, if you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:13 pm
Well I normally play 40K and do most my armies as close to fluff as possible. I play lots of close combat units. So orcs are great for that while Goblins are kinda like a terminatior or power hitting unit. So it is better to have a balance of orks and goblins and a few hordes of snotlings to tie them up as nessecary or as cannon fodder. I think I got this thanks...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:18 pm
Lozt_1
Well I normally play 40K and do most my armies as close to fluff as possible. I play lots of close combat units. So orcs are great for that while Goblins are kinda like a terminatior or power hitting unit. So it is better to have a balance of orks and goblins and a few hordes of snotlings to tie them up as nessecary or as cannon fodder. I think I got this thanks...

Well, Goblins are cheap, so you don't have to be as careful with them as other troops, a 40 Night Goblin unit, 3 Fanatics, Spears and Full command, is only 215 points. Pretty cheap, but only Ld5 and WS2, so they have flaws.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:27 pm
Don't forget squigs! Those things are wonderful: when the unite breaks it literaly "breaks"! Instead of fleeing, every squig in the unit runs around randomly, attacking things they bump into and making it impossible for other units to manuver. If the squig unit breaks in the middle of your opponent's line, he is in trouble.

Really, you can forget about orks and just use night Gobbos and their special nasties.  

Major Tom

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:31 pm
Major Tom
Don't forget squigs! Those things are wonderful: when the unite breaks it literaly "breaks"! Instead of fleeing, every squig in the unit runs around randomly, attacking things they bump into and making it impossible for other units to manuver. If the squig unit breaks in the middle of your opponent's line, he is in trouble.

Really, you can forget about orks and just use night Gobbos and their special nasties.

Plus, 2 S5 hits is quite good, a 6 wide front rank has 12 S5 attacks. Plus the squigs can really slow down charge rates and enemy marches.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff