The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:47 pm
Against Bret's:

Load on things with a range greater then 24", not requiring LoS is even better.

At 24", you're usually only going to get one or two shots (With the second usually being a Stand-and-Shoot reaction) unless you take March Blockers, of which even then you tend to get only one more round.

Lore of Shadow for Wizards is WONDERFUL against Brets, especially at levels 2 and up.

Everything has its use (Unless you get Drown of Taidron alone, in which case, drop for steed of shadows). Steed of Shados allows you to either block march with the Wizard on Turn one, or drop a Great-Weapon character into the side of a Knight unit. Creeping death is 3d6 no armor save hits. Sure, you need 6's to harm the knights, and can't harm anything above T4, but nothing save monstrous mounts should be that high. Shades can make the enemy have to take a Ld. Check or not charge, Unseen Lurker can give your unit a charge (Useful for casting on your own knights) after moving up, and Pit of Shades can usually get 5 full and 4 partials.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:04 pm
Bretonians are another army that I play bad against. To me it is nigh on impossible to stop a Bret charge. I just take out enough of the Knights from long range and hope that I have done enough damage so that I can survive a charge for one turn. Then I try and get a flank charge in. But that is just me as I am sure people probably have better ways to deal with them than me.  

Centigrade

Tears Of The Vengeful

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:48 am
I'd suggest two detachments of handgunners, who can stand and shoot to soften up the Brets before your parent unit finishes them off.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:27 pm
Tears Of The Vengeful
I'd suggest two detachments of handgunners, who can stand and shoot to soften up the Brets before your parent unit finishes them off.
For stand-and-shoots, Handgunners are superior.

If you intend to shoot them down before combat, however, Crossbows usually get another turn of shooting.

And I did run a test on the army book, you can get something like 4 Cannons, two Hellblasters, a Hero / Lord using that Bow / Spear that counts as a Ballista, and then some 100+ Crossbowmen / Handgunners at 2Kpts.

While if they get into combat your army is wrecked, usually you can shoot most (If not all) down before then, and you can still afford three CC characters or Wizards to aid the army.  

Drachyench

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 pm
I bought the empire army book the other day just for a look. the fluff in the book is very enjoyable. I never knew how risky cannons and hell blasters are...they seem less scary now.... neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:34 pm
what area of the empire do all of your armies come from? I've been contemplating about starting an Empire army and want to start up with the Stirland(spelling) Malitia biggrin  

Inenor

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 am
Talebheim and Talabecland.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:57 am
WOOT! Got my "The Empire" army bundle box yesterday!  

Inenor

LonerofDarkness

5,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 pm
I was wondering, how has people's successes been with both the Hellstorm Rocket Battery and the Engineers Homing Pigeon Bomb.

I know that I have had some mixed results (chance being that big thing and all), but all the time amusing. The few times my Hellstorm hit, it was devestating. Unfortunately, most of the time the scatter dice would send it somewhere else, thus for a few turns giving the charging enemy this epic scene as rockets fly through the air sending chunks of earth flying up everywhere.

As for the Pigeon Bomb, is it only a 1 time thing? Or have I been doing this wrong assuming my Engineer os coming to battle stocked with a cart of caged Pigeons with him. Otherwise there have been a few battles where I have murdered at least a flock of my Engineers avian friends, as chunks of meat and feathers fall to the ground. The Pigeon Bomb has worked great softening up large units, when it doesn't kill itself in flight or return with the bomb.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:32 am
From one empire player to the others, what should i get next for my army, i already have 10 archers, 5 outriders, 2 wizzards, luthor huss, 50 spearmen, 10 free company, 4cannons/ mortars, 3volley guns/ helstorm batteries, and 30 flagelants.Should i get more heroes or core, special, or rare units and what kind?  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:31 am
Your army needs a serious bunch of swordmen if you ask me.

Though I don't know if you're out for a theme or something like that, but I'd get swordsmen myself, or knights.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:25 am
That's not a bad idea, swordsmen do look cool. cool and are pivitol unit to any army.  

Inenor

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 pm
*raises hand* For the sake of spurring conversation, can someone explain to a poor non-Fantasy-player what the difference between Bretonnians and Empire is? They're both human kingdoms, aren't they?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 pm
Bretonnians are french knights who live in a feudal kingdom with knightly families with their own heraldry, while the empire is based on the roman-german empire, utalizing blackpowder weapons as well as knightly orders into their armies.  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:32 pm
To delve a bit more into the history of why they are two seperate nations and not part of the Empire is because the leader of the Breton tribe, one Gilles (later named Gilles le Breton) refused to help Sigmar and join his fledgling Empire. Insert a woman appearing in lakes giving brave men knights along with those stupid elfs in the woods and you've got an isolated nation of backward fools who believe in things like chivalry and fair fights. Gits.

But as Shin said, the Bretonnians are French knights based on the dark ages and Arthurian legend, while the Empire is based off Europe and the Holy Empire in terms of military and technology. There are some devs who have stated that the Empire is like the Europe of the Renaissance only without the theological advancements made during that era.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff