DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:34 pm
Come here to discuss the Empire of fantasy base Warhammer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:39 pm
I asked Dark Elf to make these Warhammer fantasy battle army threads and I'm happy to say he did it yay! Ps: All hail Karl Franz!  

MoonlightSun

Traitor Jacknife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:47 am
The Empire is okay, but i find that just lots of cannon fodder troops that are oaky in combat is a little easy, they are also the army with the largest range of troops because they are a begginer army, they bounce back from mistakes easyist and can easily recovera bad situation.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:07 am
Traitor Jacknife
The Empire is okay, but i find that just lots of cannon fodder troops that are oaky in combat is a little easy, they are also the army with the largest range of troops because they are a begginer army, they bounce back from mistakes easyist and can easily recovera bad situation.

ok here it comes:
GEEZ STUPIDITY! they have the most troops is were you right, the rest was bull. easily recover? if they can, go borrow an empire army of 1000 pts, and fight a tzeentch army or any other mass close combat army. i'd like to see you "recover" from archeon in your ranks  

Seraphine-Exalted

Traitor Jacknife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:12 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

ok here it comes:
GEEZ STUPIDITY! they have the most troops is were you right, the rest was bull. easily recover? if they can, go borrow an empire army of 1000 pts, and fight a tzeentch army or any other mass close combat army. i'd like to see you "recover" from archeon in your ranks
Well okay then if your gonna put it like that, no army can really recover from Archeon in thier ranks., Also i have an Empire army in my collection and have played many battles with them and every time it has seemed to me that the troops are all reasonable in combat and they can recover well from being knocked around better then some armies, I didn't mean that they were the easiest army to win with. I honestley don't know who that is, I simpley mean that they are a versitile army, if you want to read something other then that into the post then feel free but I cannot be held respionsible.

I think the Empire have some off the best units in the game, i.e the steam tank, reiskguard knights, elector count on griffion, all fearsome opponents. They also have some very effective rank and file troops,like the swordsmen who can hold thier own against most other basic units, if the Empire is used corrctley i think it is one of the best armys availible. There are many awys it can be used "Correctley" so it makes it a reasonable good army to begin with.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:19 pm
I think what Jacknife is trying to say is the Empire is a well balanced force that can be used in so many different strategies it makes it easy for beginners to form their own path with the Empire, then say Bretonnia which focuses almost purely on cavalry units!  

MoonlightSun

Traitor Jacknife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:22 pm
MoonlightSun
I think what Jacknife is trying to say is the Empire is a well balanced force that can be used in so many different strategies it makes it easy for beginners to form their own path with the Empire, then say Bretonnia which focuses almost purely on cavalry units!
what a great way of summing up that long post.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:25 pm
Traitor Jacknife
MoonlightSun
what a great way of summing up that long post.
Thank you.  

MoonlightSun

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:45 pm
I have a new Empire Army it has:

Empire mounted wizard lv.2
Empire wizard lv.2
Mounted Captain
16 Handgunners
16 Spearmen (Full Command)
19 Swordsmen (Full Command)
8 Knights (Full Command)
Cannon (3 crewmen)
What should I do next?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:18 pm
I would double the size of all your units, and add detachments of free company or halbarders, I play as Orcs and i find that i have to have HUGE units,
My 1000pts list
30 Savage Orc Big unz, warpaint 2 hand weapons
30 Savage Orc Boyz Warpaint 2 hand weapons
10 Wolf riders
10 wolf riders
Savage Orc Big Boss In Chariot
I used to play night gobbos with units of 60 murder to paint i'll tell you but a monster on the battlefeild (with fanatics of course!)  

Dark Lore

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:04 pm
Dark_Lore
I would double the size of all your units, and add detachments of free company or halbarders, I play as Orcs and i find that i have to have HUGE units,
My 1000pts list
30 Savage Orc Big unz, warpaint 2 hand weapons
30 Savage Orc Boyz Warpaint 2 hand weapons
10 Wolf riders
10 wolf riders
Savage Orc Big Boss In Chariot
I used to play night gobbos with units of 60 murder to paint i'll tell you but a monster on the battlefeild (with fanatics of course!)
Thank you!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:01 am
MoonlightSun

Empire wizard lv.2
Mounted Captain
16 Handgunners
8 Knights (Full Command)
What should I do next?

Get a canon and mabye a maste enginer.  

Traitor Jacknife

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:49 am
Traitor Jacknife
MoonlightSun

Empire wizard lv.2
Mounted Captain
16 Handgunners
8 Knights (Full Command)
What should I do next?

I have one forgot to put it!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:03 pm
MoonlightSun
Traitor Jacknife
MoonlightSun

Empire wizard lv.2
Mounted Captain
16 Handgunners
8 Knights (Full Command)
What should I do next?

I have one forgot to put it!

hellblaster, the answer to all your problems...  

Seraphine-Exalted

Jerhien

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:44 am
Yeesh, seems like everyone is hung up on warmachines blaugh
Personally when I play empire I prefer to take a lot of hand to hand troops.
I'd get a unit of greatswordsmen. Str 5 attacks and a 4+ armor save can go a loooong way for you, especially when you consider that the unit is stubborn as well (they ALWAYS make leadership tests on there unmodified leadership, regardless of how bad they lose combat).
Also Flagellants are an AMAZING unit that no one seems to use anymore. Granted they're weapon skill 2 but they've got flails so they're the str 5 for the first round of every combat they engage in. Not to mention they're T-4, have 2 attacks apiece, and are unbrakeable fir 11 points per model...What I'm saying is that Empire has the best swarm in the game, and it's flagellants.
You should also really be looking into detachments for some of your core squads. I personally wouldn't use free company as a detachments. I'm a big fan of the Handgunner detachment (I.E. up to half your unit strength of handgunners that can stand and shoot against there parent units attackers REGARDLESS of normal stand and shoot rules and don't sufer -1 to hit for firing on a charging unit.)
Pretty nasty when your enemy charges your greatswords and takes 10 str 4 rifle shots as a consequence.
If you want a hand to hand detachment (seeing as you automatically flank if you choose to bring the detachment around to close combat) Halberdiers or swordsman are pretty nasty.
Of course you'll want to make all of your parent and independent units have 20 models (more if you like).
The hellblaster is awesome at mowing down incoming enemy cavalry and heavy foot troops.
If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it, hope I helped!  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff