Help a newbie out? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:36 am
Hello. I'm not exactly sure where to post this so I hope this will do. I'm interested in starting up my own tank once I get enough funds, but there are a few things I'm wondering about- mostly terms I've heard around aquarium threads. These seem like things I need to know if I want to start up a tank, but although I've searched and searched, I can't find any place that gives me a simple definition! So although it may seem painfully obvious, please bare with me and help me out?

My main questions are, what makes a fish high-trigger or low-trigger? What do high-trigger and low-trigger even mean? How should I factor it into a tank?

What is a recycled glow? I've been hearing that for beginners, it's best to start a recycled glow thread, but because I have no idea what that is, I don't know how to even go about it when the time comes.

These may all seem like obvious things, but even though I've been booty grabbing for a while and it's my main source of earning gold on Gaia, I still have no idea. Help me out here? I'd be very thankful.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm
High trigger and low trigger from what I've gathered is how often your tank glows. Certain fish are high triggers and make your tank glow more often. And low trigger fish give your tank less chance of glowing often. Hope that helps.  

Mistress Play Den

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm
Mistress Play Den
High trigger and low trigger from what I've gathered is how often your tank glows. Certain fish are high triggers and make your tank glow more often. And low trigger fish give your tank less chance of glowing often. Hope that helps.

Ah, that seems to make sense, thank you very much.

Can anyone tell me what a recycled glow is?  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:02 am
A recycled glow thread is pretty much a reused glow thread. So instead of making a thread everytime you glow, you just use one thread to fish for players.  

justicecream

Shy Perfectionist

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:08 am
justicecream
A recycled glow thread is pretty much a reused glow thread. So instead of making a thread everytime you glow, you just use one thread to fish for players.

Oh! Well that is much more simple than I was expecting. XD I prefer recycled threads, I just wasn't aware that's what they were. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me!  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 pm
land of storms and tea

The high-trigger fish are basically all fish that drops gold in any other color than yellow. The cash shop fish like mermaids, watermeats are medium-triggers with exeption from the dolphins, since those fish don't glow as many at one time as the monsters.

I've seen you out there bumping alot so you don't have to worry much about being "new". Many tank owners repay good bumpers by bumping them back. I don't know what kind of fish you're thinking of getting but I can give you advise on that to and I can give you a step to step guide on how to make a "perfect" bump thread as well. 3nodding  

NocturnalVeil

Vice Captain

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

NocturnalVeil

Vice Captain

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 pm
land of storms and tea

Just notices your siggy, with those fish your tank need to make 45k every day to support itself.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:20 pm
NocturnalVeil
land of storms and tea

Just notices your siggy, with those fish your tank need to make 45k every day to support itself.

In regards to this and your other post, thank you so very much for all of the information. I would very much appreciate any advise you can give me, from what fish I should aim for to what the best way to set up a thread is. I'm very glad that my name is familiar. XD I do play a lot of Booty Grab to earn gold.

Is 45k a day feasible?  

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

NocturnalVeil

Vice Captain

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:33 pm
land of storms and tea
NocturnalVeil
land of storms and tea

In regards to this and your other post, thank you so very much for all of the information. I would very much appreciate any advise you can give me, from what fish I should aim for to what the best way to set up a thread is. I'm very glad that my name is familiar. XD I do play a lot of Booty Grab to earn gold.

Is 45k a day feasible?

I'd say you should get around 60k per day, it depends entirely on your effort though, you can double that or maybe even tripple. Because I've seen you so much I doubt you'll loose gold on this any way like many does.

A tip is to bump tank owners glows 3 times, those who really want their tank to succeed will bump you atleast as many times when they see you glow, to show they took notice to your efforts. Another tip is to bump and grab right before your glow, anyone who check who bumped them might see your glow and return the favor of bumping. wink

The best way to make a bump thread is to set it up in test forums first. Post 15 times and delete 14 posts so you get a thread with only one post and very little lag. If you need the codes for the glow timer, the direct tank link and perhaps for the bump thread link and an analyzer just let me know. 3nodding

Edit: It's a very good choise in fish, you can replace the dophins with wolfs, but dolphins are more popular. It's a bit strategic to add them, just like the grunny's  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:31 pm
NocturnalVeil

Very nice! I get the chance to be online often so I do have a lot of opportunity to bump, and I should be able to check my own tank often. I hope I'm able to push my tank to its greatest potential.

Thank you for the tips! I wasn't sure how to go about really encouraging people to notice my glow, but those sound like excellent ways to go about it.

Ahh, I was wondering how people made it so their first page had only the one post. If I set a thread up in the test forums, can I have it moved to the aquarium forum or something? Is that how that works? All of those links sound very handy, I wanted to have a direct link and bump link for my thread. I don't know much about glow timers or analyzers, however. How do people use them?

I'm very glad to hear I've made good plans then. XD I've been trying to put together the best tank I can on my current funds from what I've noticed works well in the booty grab forum. I figured adding grunnys would help pull in a few more people for the gift dropping chances. It's good to hear dolphins will also boost the popularity a bit.  

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

NocturnalVeil

Vice Captain

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:51 pm
land of storms and tea

Once you edited your bump thread to whatever you want it to be in the test forum you report the topic as a misplaced thread and write that you want it moved to aquarium forum. A few days later it will be moved.

The direct link is a must since some acctually skip tanks without them. The bump link is also good, you should remember to put one in your siggy as well. The glow timer is very much needed. with it you and others can see exactly how long your glow's been glowing and how many players in the game. I love to bump before I grab but in threads without glow timers I can't tell if I'll have the time to do that, so I grab first and bump after, if there's time. I might bump in the last second so no one else has time to grab.

The analyzer is mostly for you. With it you can see if your tank has ghost fish. I don't feed my fish until right after a glow just in case a ghost fish that might be glowing one last time decides to die on me when I go to feed them. Only feeding between last glow and new glow time saves me a few glowing fish every month. You can also plan how much time you have until you need to buy new fish and it's good to have a backup for those times the glow times are down, it happens every now and then.

The basic code is this:
[url=*topic or tank link goes here*]*write what link it is here*[/url]

Just put the link in for your tank or bump thread or analyzer and then write were it goes, pretty simple. ^^

This is the glow timer code:
[img]http://awesomolocity.info?id=*tank id number goes here*[/img]

The tank id can be found in your aquarium link right after userEnvironmentId=  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:08 pm
NocturnalVeil

You're being very helpful and informative, I'm learning a lot, thanks!

So, direct link and bump link in thread and sig, and glow timer in thread, and analyzer for myself. I've never heard of ghost fish before. From the context of what you've said, it sounds as though some of your fish might not officially "die" until you update your tank with a feeding or such? So you can still get glows out of fish that have died as long as you haven't messed with your tank? Is that about right?

Thanks for the cods. This thread is turning into an excellent reference for me when I start my tank. biggrin  

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

NocturnalVeil

Vice Captain

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 pm
land of storms and tea
NocturnalVeil

You're being very helpful and informative, I'm learning a lot, thanks!

So, direct link and bump link in thread and sig, and glow timer in thread, and analyzer for myself. I've never heard of ghost fish before. From the context of what you've said, it sounds as though some of your fish might not officially "die" until you update your tank with a feeding or such? So you can still get glows out of fish that have died as long as you haven't messed with your tank? Is that about right?

Thanks for the cods. This thread is turning into an excellent reference for me when I start my tank. biggrin

The ghost fish aren't supposed to glow, some does any way though. Once a fish die you can collect it's drop the next day. (after midnight gaia standard time) Remember to feed your fish every day, they don't glow as often as they should if it's gone 24 hours since their last feeding. Like I said I feed after every glow, so I don't forget it.

You're welcome ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm
NocturnalVeil

I can't wait to get started on my own tank and give this all a go myself! biggrin
I have another question, if it's not too bothersome to keep appeasing my curiosity. XD I've seen some threads that seem to be huge lists of tanks. Is it a good idea to try to get on one of these lists? I hear some tanks asking for invites and I've always assumed that's what they're talking about. But when I booty grab I always tend toward individual tank threads because it's faster to find what's glowing and what's not. What are the pros of getting your tank on a list?

Hahah, I just noticed, accidental fish pun in my last post. Ironic. I meant codes, not cods, as you no doubt figured.  

land of storms and tea

Dapper Dabbler

NocturnalVeil

Vice Captain

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:41 pm
land of storms and tea

I figured you meant codes. (I didn't think of the fish pun though, being swedish and all I though of something entirely different not supported by the pg13 rules to say) sweatdrop

Getting on those lists can be very helpful. There are two kinds of glow threads were tanks are gathered. The old style is a "post your tank" kind of thread. You get an invite and post your tank and these kinds can't be edited and only last for a certain time before many of the tanks might be empty or the fish haven't been feed for months.
The second newer kind is a text based glow thread were the author can edit and change the tanks. They're very useful for people who suffers from alot of lag in the aquarium forums.

Before the monsters were released 2 years ago people used to hunt glows in these threads like hawks since the aquariums who showed up in the aquarium forums filled up fast and there weren't many "good" tanks around. Many are still stuck in this habit although now it's easy finding good tanks in the forum. The first player of every game get's a 500 gold bonus so it still pays to be one of the first to discover a glow.

Here are some threads you can see if you can get in, they're all text based so it's possible for the owners to put you in if your nice and and all that.
Tear's BG
Owners unite
Bootylicious
The last one is unlikely you'll get into, the owner hasn't been online much and you need to fill out a form to even be considered.  
Booty Grab Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff