Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[JRP] And Really Bad Eggs (Fraust & Mmoto'bolo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 am
Moth was feeling pretty good about himself, which wasn't that unusual since that was usually the case for the brightly coloured lion. The beach sand posed no obstacle for his large, strong paws, and the padded across it easily, as if it was the hardest of stone. The scent of the salty water permeated around him, and a cool wind drifted from the waves to the shore. Yes, it was going to be a good day, he could tell.

He watched the water ebb and flow for a moment, thinking about his next course of action. He couldn't decide on what interested him more, in that moment... Fermented fruit, or one of the pretty corsairs that tended to the males of the pride. He hadn't been there long, but he was already feeling right at home.

With a contented grumble deep in his throat, he resumed his trek along the shore without a care in the world.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 am
Fraust had been to visit the females of the pride already that day and was feeling pretty damn good, only one or two rejected him. This was where he belonged and he was proud of the fact Pirato himself had invited him to join the pirates. The women and drinking appealed to him greatly and no one made much mention of his habit of taking advice from a rock. One or two pretended to be able to hear it talking to him but most just ignored the quirk, which was better than some out in the roguelands. His nose still stung from time to time as he remembered one of the lionesses that hadn't appreciated his... advances. He was so deep in thought he didn't even hear another male coming up behind him along the beach.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 am
Moth was still dwelling on his decision, which seemed to be more of a struggle than it ought to, when he noticed another male traveling along in the same direction. Moth considered going around him, but then he changed his mind, thinking that, perhaps, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get acquainted with some of the male members of the pride. After all, they could end up working together and knowing someone would make the event that much better. On the other paw, if he didn't make a good impression, he could also easily make enemies.

The lion sped up his pace, meaning to catch Fraust before he could wander away. He put on his friendliest face, and called out "Hey, stranger!" as he approached.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 am
"Hey, stranger!"

Fraust spun, dropping the jar carefully and half crouching over it. "What do you want?" he grumbled a little, embarassed at being surprised. He wasn't a mean Lion but it was hard to forget the instinct to defend what was HIS. He took a deep breath and stood up straight. He remembered seeing the male on the outskirts, observing much like he himself had done all that time ago when he'd come across Pirato dozing, that made him smile and relax, if Pirato could be caught napping then it wasn't so bad he didn't hear the other male at first.

"Sorry, i've seen you around, fancy some of the women do ya?" he laughed, knowing that sometime their scent drove males crazy. If nothing else the grog did, and added to that the mealtimes. Any male would have to be insane not to want this sort of life.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:43 am
Oops, he hadn't meant to startle Fraust. Moth took a brief step back in alarm, but before Moth could regain his smooth demeanor and answer, Fraust relaxed. This relaxed Moth too, but he couldn't help but wonder what the other male was hiding. His greed immediately came to the conclusion of some private treasure, so he let himself glance down at the jar in the sand. Huh, it didn't look like anything special. Oh well, it wasn't really any of his business.

"Isn't that what we are all here for?" He joked with a mischievous grin. "Of course, there are plenty of other indulgences to... indulge in, isn't there?" He chuckled a little. "Yeah, I haven't been here long. Name's Mmot- Moth." Since his real name was a mouthful, he was trying to shed himself of it, but he couldn't help but slip once in a while.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:01 am
Fraust laughed, his voice deep. "Yeah .. they're something else them females... gotta watch your tail with some of 'em though" he said, still chuckling. He'd followed the gaze of the other and put his paw on the jar "like me jar? ... ain't no other like it.. me Jar 'o Dirt is my treasure... so don't be putting a paw near it and we're good" he said, his tone still conversational but it had a slight edge to it.

"M' name is Fraust, glad t' see yer Mmot- Moth" he said, somewhat more relaxed than a moment ago, smiling as he repeated what the male had said. "So.. yer be wanting t' stick around huh?" Trying to settle his voice into the lazy drawl a lot of the pirates used.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 am
Moth had to laugh. True enough, some females weren't quite as... interested as others. Of course, he was self-centered enough to think that every female would be swooning to join him, so he rarely understood when his flirtations did not work. Moth had no idea that sometimes the things he said or did were out of line. At least he hadn't had an unpleasant experience here, yet.

He eyed the jar again, wondering what could be so valuable about it. It was just a jar of dirt, wasn't it? Once again his curiosity blazed and he thought about what was hidden inside. A trinket, perhaps?

"No worries... mate," Moth replied, tentatively using the word he heard the more longtime members use to address a friend. "I won't touch it, I swear." Unless it was left unattended... then it was fair game. But Moth didn't say that out loud.

He felt a bit irritated at the repetition of his stumble, but he put it aside. He was trying to be friendly. Friendly! No point getting worked up about something so pointless. Instead, he chose to mimic Fraust right back. "Yes, I be wanting t' stick around," he said with another grin. "As long as the pride will have me."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm
Fraust eyed the male with a small smirk "I like ye Moth ... but we'd better be seeing what the others make of ye though" he said with a chuckle, picking his jar up and keeping it close to him as well as keeping an eye on the new male. He'd never personally allowed another to join before and he was hoping that Pirato wouldn't be displeased with him for it.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:04 pm
Moth laughed good-naturedly. "Oh come on... I think I can fit right in with a bunch of sharp, fun blokes like you lot," he said jokingly, but his tone was a touch more subdued than before, as he was taking what Fraust said seriously. How could the others not like him? He was as smooth as they come, as far as he was concerned! But one couldn't throw all caution to the wind.

"So mate, how about I make a good impression and go... interact with the others, huh? Introduce myself further and such," Moth said, glancing wistfully down the beach. It wasn't too early for some more of that wonderful fruit, was it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:08 pm
Fraust eyed him, Really? .... there were lions that didn't like HIM... Fraust... and he was like.. 'da bomb' ... well in his mind anyway. "Yer best be keeping an eye on who Pirato favors and don't be goin' near them if i were you, otherwise... i think we're good" he said deadly serious.

"How about we go and get us some grog and some less .. picky women and enjoy a lazy day Moth?" he asked, willing to make a new 'friend' because... if they were friends... moth wouldn't want to steal his Jar of Dirt... "Come on then Moth, let's be havin' Ye" he said, turning and padding towards the main pride, guessing Moth would follow.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items