Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Conversion therapy ban

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bollier

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:46 pm
There is a new bill up in California aiming itself at conversion therapy. Basically, it says that a minor is not eligible for this therapy, and that any adult who wishes to do it must first sign a waver saying that the therapy is known to be inneffective and also possibly dangerous.

It has been decades since the APA said that homosexuality is not a mental disorder, so I actually think this long overdue, and hope it passes, and that similar legislation passes in other states.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm
Yeah, I saw that on the news and was talking to my mom about. I think it should be banned.

If someone wants counseling as it isn't by someone that tries to force them to be who they are not, that is fine, but these therapies can't change people and it does more harm than good.

It reminded me of the movie Prayers For Bobby (which is based on a true story) and how his mom took him to a therapist and how they were trying to change him and how he said no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Beetlejuice

Poltergeist Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 am
Or the movie "But I'm a cheerleader". It's an amazing movie. It's on the same topic.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:16 pm
This is a step in the right direction.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers