Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] Place of Protection (Chusi, Ehsan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 am
User Image

It felt good to set paw back into familiar territory. Surprisingly good, in fact. He nodded to the guard as they passed the border, then glanced at the lioness at his side. "Don't worry, he is a good lion," he said softly to her, knowing her penchance for fearing those who could or might hurt her. "Remember, I won't let anyone harm you. Not ever." He bumped his shoulder to hers gently in a subtle gesture of reassurance. He swung his head around, considering what to do first. Perhaps show her around, and explain the situation to her as they walked.

But above all, he needed to track down Monera before he brought Chusi to his chosen den. Chusi was a flighty thing, and Monera's overboard nature could easily frighten or alarm her. He supposed he'd have to warn Chusi about Monera as well. Though he had long before this decided that he'd have to lay down the law to Monera, to not allow her to conduct experiments on his other banu. "Let me show you your new home." He cast her a faint hint of a smile, a look that was reserved only for her. "Hunting grounds first, which is pretty much all around us right now."

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:44 pm
User Image

Chusi stood close by Ehsan's side, fearful of taking a step out of line. She'd never been this close to a pride before, and the scents were overwhelming. Each step closer sent her quivering even more than the last, but she knew that with Ehsan by her side she would be safe. She merely nodded at his comment of the lion's alliance and tried to smile. It was probably extremely obvious how horrified she was. But the small nudge sent her heart fleeting and a small but true smile appeared on her lips.

The mention of a new home, perked the lioness' ears. It was an odd thing for her to hear, having been a roamer her whole life. Home wasn't really in her vocabulary, but now she would have one! Her tail swished lightly behind her as the nearly tripped over her own front paws in slight excitement. "S-sorry, I wasn't watching what I was doing.." Cowering a bit, she allowed a space to fill between herself and Ehsan. She wasn't exactly sure what she had expected of him, but whatever it was, she felt silly for having thought it. She quickly picked up her pace to catch up with him once more. "H-hunting grounds? You mean you don't just go out into the rogue lands?" She paused a moment looking around the vast area. "I-I guess that's safer than going out there alone right?" Nearing his side once more, she let out a small purr and nudged against his neck in return. It was strange, that in such a short time she'd found herself a home, a life, and a love. She wasn't sure if things could get any better.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:22 am
He savored the warm sensation her affection gave him. Monera amused him, but he'd never felt anything like this when he was with her. No, his connection with Chusi was entirely different than the one he had with Monera. With Chusi it was more... he shied from calling it love. Love had done little to nothing for their mother. No, it was more comfortable and beautiful, like a sunny rock on a clear day with a soft breeze and nothing to do. Yes, that was more like it.

"You won't have to hunt alone, even here, if you don't wish to," he replied to her, giving her an indulgent look. "Either I can hunt with you, or my other banu will." He cast her an anxious look then. Perhaps it was time to tell her about Monera after all. "I mentioned that there will be another lioness in our family, remember?" He cleared his throat, disliking feeling so out of sorts and out of control of his own reactions. Taking a sharp breath, he composed himself better, closing off the parts of him that felt jittery and nervous about telling Chusi about the "other lioness" in his life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:09 pm
A weight of sorts, lifted off the female's shoulders at Ehsan's words. Goodness he had no idea how good it felt to know she wouldn't have to do that alone. Though she had expected his response, after all it was part of the promise he had given her. A promise to keep her safe and well cared for. She had a strange feeling in her gut, that Ehsan wasn't the lying type. If he proved to be, well she'd have to deal with that when it occurred. But she truly hoped it never would.

Pacing beside him, she seemed to have evened her stride with his. They now walked paw in paw, step for step. It comforted her in some strange way, allowing her heart beat to slow, and her nerves to be less edgy. Being her light hearted self, his next words hardly phased her. She had no idea what was in store for her, or who this new lioness was, but Ehsan had mentioned her. So in a way she was prepared. She nodded excitedly to his comment, eagerly anticipating the new knowledge.

"Yes I do! Are we going to meet her soon?" Her heart began to race again, and she lost pace with Ehsan.

Was she really prepared to meet this other female? What if she didn't like her? Or, worse, what if she was MEAN?

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 pm
Ehsan looked distinctly uncomfortable. It was a relief that Chusi was so easy-going about Monera's existence, but Monera's personality was a completely different matter to tackle. "You'll get to meet her later," he said finally, feeling faintly cowardly. She'd have to learn sooner or later how very odd his other banu was. He supposed the best way to handle it was directly, but before she actually met Monera.

"There are some things you should know about my other banu," he began slowly, eyes defocused as he carefully thought through his words. "Her name is Monera." For a brief moment, it seemed as if he'd leave it at that, despite his implication that there was much to know about her. But with another deep breath, he went on. "She is not like most other lionesses. She is... different." Well that was an understatement. He wrestled mentally with how to describe the female who had stalked him for pretty much his entire life. Truly, Monera and Chusi were like night and day.

"You must be cautious around her," he finally said, stopping and turning to look directly at his rogue banu, so that she would understand him clearly. "She is not dangerous, nor is she cruel." Thankfully that was so, or he'd never have accepted her. "But she can be careless in her... pursuits." Now now, be honest with her, he scolded himself. "She likes to experiment with many things, not all of them pleasant." He sifted through the many smelly, shocking, and sometimes painful things he'd endured at her paws, though never had she meant them to be so unpleasant.

"For example, finding a way to make stink bugs not stink." He raised a brow at her, offering her to share his skepticism and dismay. "That one did not work out so well, but we were only cubs." He shook his head. "But this does not stop her from trying. What I want you to do," he said, looking intently at her once more, "is never agree to help her with those experiments." He refused to mention the time she'd tried to change the color of his fur.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:20 pm
As calm as she would have ranked herself a few seconds ago, Chusi was now that much father from it. Her fur bunched at her neck, and shivered down her spine. Her tail quivered as she tried to hide it by wrapping it around her leg. But nothing gave her away quite like her face. Her eyes were wide, her motions having halted.

Ehsan had said she wasn't dangerous, but could she really be around someone who Ehsan thought it safe to be cautious around? Her thoughts were jumbled and she really didn't know where to start. Experiments? What kind of lioness experimented on making stink bugs not stink? Well obviously a special one that was for sure ...

Taking a deep breath, Chusi tried to cover the space between her and Ehsan's steps. "I-If you say so Ehsan." She nodded her head gently, and rubbed her cheek against his with a slight smile. "But, she isn't going to pressure me is she? I don't do well under pressure. Oh! What if she tries to experiment on me while I sleep?"

Ok the panic had set in, now it was time to deal with it. This was after all the best way to do it. If she broke down in front of the other Banu, it could only lead to more disaster.

Talencia

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:49 pm
Depawsit

He watched her intently, having learned to become acutely aware of her sudden bouts of fearfulness. Out of an astonishingly strong sense of affection and responsibility, he did his best to guard her from such panic attacks. He had half-expected such a reaction, but it still distressed him to see her feeling so vulnerable, here with him beside her. He clamped down on his own surging emotions and paid attention to what she said.

His response was a deep, steady growl. "She is a good lioness, but if she disobeys me in this, she will regret doing so" His ears were canted backwards in displeasure at the idea of Monera doing any such thing. "I have instructed her to never attempt an experiment that includes you," he told Chusi firmly. "I will not stand for it in my den." It surprised him how intensely he felt about the matter. The thought even crossed his mind that he would relegate his other banu to kajira if she laid but a paw on Chusi's tail with intent to try something out she'd concocted. "Do not doubt me," he said more softly, stretching to rub his mane against her cheek and n** lightly at her ear. "If she does anything you do not like, tell me and I will make it right." He had gentled his tone enough that it held none of the foreboding that it had previously. "I will protect you," he whispered reassuringly, "just as I said I would." Even if it was from his other banu. Oh, this was going to make choosing a beybanu difficult!

Something suddenly occurred to him, and he paused, catching her eyes so that she knew this was important. "I do not mind if you do not speak to me with the title of Pad," he said earnestly, "but that would not do with anyone else." He couldn't remember if he'd detailed this part, so he decided that a review might be necessary. "Do not speak to a male before he speaks to you, and you must address him by his title of Pad." He didn't intend to be often too far away, so that he could inform her if it was one of the Viziers or the Sultan, who also needed the proper titles spoken. "Other females are okay to talk to, but you must use their title when speaking to them." He bumped his head against hers lightly in reassurance. "I know it's difficult to understand, but if you do not do this, I may have to defend you from another male's wrath." There was no doubt in his mind that he would, too, if it ever came to that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:21 pm
Ehsan's voice had a very calming effect on the lioness, one she couldn't quite fully explain, but one she was completely thankful for. As he spoke those words of comfort and fact to her, she could feel her heart settling in her chest, as though any fears she had, had simply been crushed!

Her breathing had become lighter, and she knew simply from the tone Ehsan was speaking in, that he was completely sincere in the things he was saying. Words couldn't express how thankful she was to this male, for coming into her life, and taking her under his wing. It was more than love that she felt for him, and she would never do anything to cross him, which included staying for away from Monera.

Taking one final deep breath, Chusi exhaled it and returned her mate's affections with loving purrs of her own. "I will do my best to keep her and myself out of trouble, I promise." She nodded the words, and attempted to walk a few steps ahead, but he quickly caught her eyes, and she nearly froze in her tracks.

His words took her a bit off guard, he had spoken lightly off this in the past and Chusi had understood. But now it seemed like a bigger deal, and it entailed angry males. Shuddering at the thought, she tried to keep her mixed feelings inside. She would do as Ehsan told her, because as long as she did, she would be happy and safe. "OK, I understand. But what about cubs, are male cubs to be spoken to in the same manner?" Her question was harmless, but also pretty serious. Of course it would be silly to address a cub with such a strict name, but as far as rules were concerned, she would follow what she was given to follow.

Talencia

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 pm
Good point. That could be important too. He was so pleased at her question that he chuffed softly and rubbed his cheek briefly against her in what would have previously been very uncharacteristic of the subdued male. "Yes, the male cubs and juveniles need a special name too. They are Pesars, so use that title with their name, if you know it. You don't have to worry too much about them, it's their fathers that would take exception if you forgot." Well, some of the little buggers were quite haughty and might call her on it, but as a true Banu, she sort of technically outranked them. Best not to get too deeply into that, though. She was too gentle and sweet to likely enter a battle of wills with a snotty boy cub.

"But if you can remember all that, you'll do just fine." He beamed proudly at her. He'd done well, and brought home a banu he could trust in. "I am glad you came home with me," he said warmly, his very tone a caress. "I hope you'll be happy, my Chusi." He'd do his best to ensure she was, as much as was in his ability. It was such a new thing, this warm and happy feeling. It wasn't something he'd known much growing up, save for his mother. But now... now it was all different.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am
This all seemed like too much to take it, and it worried her that she might slip up on something simple. Though she knew Ehsan would have her back, she didn't want to come into his home and cause trouble. But she would keep her worries quiet, and do her best not to let down her Pad.

See she was doing better already! She had used the correct terminology for Ehsan! Chusi's comforting grin widened as she realized things might not be as bad as her nerves had worked them up to be. But she would definitely have to make a note to call the Pesar's by their entitled name, if for nothing but show.

"I-I'm glad I came home as well .... and i'm sure I will. I only hope I can make you happy in return." Her words came out soft and gentle, a slight purr melted them together in a very warm way. It seemed things were looking up for her, now all she had to do, was make sure things stayed that way.

Talencia
End~

I'll enter for her cert now!

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff