Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Do my parents know? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm
[what is this post even about? So much longer than I wanted it. tl;dr]

I get that question alot, "do your parents know?"
I always say "Iunno".

But to be honest, they HAVE to know, my mom more specifically. When I was 13, I lived with her and her boyfriend and his two kids. Boyfriend's son, Riley, was 11, and his mom (poor excuse for a human, let alone a mother) tried to sue her ex-husband (my mom's new boyfriend) because she was convinced that I was going to molest him. Mind you, I had JUST come out of the closet when I was 13, and it was to people at school, no family. On my birthday last week, my mom and I were gossiping and she was telling about how Riley's mom and sister are suddenly convinced that Riley is gay. My mom then said "It's probably because 'your gayness rubbed off on him'.". Mind you that we've never acknowledged that fact that I'm gay. I just thought it was funny, and now I've gone on and on about something irrelevant.

What did I even start this post for? Right, I think it's true when they say a mother always knows. And if she didn't know, she might be stupid:
When I was 4, my favorite song was "I will always love you", by Whitney Houston.
When I was 7, my favorite song was "Livin' la vida loca", by Ricki Martin.

I liked Britney Spears intensely until about 2004,
and I never showed any interest in girls whatsoever, even to "closet myself", I guess, for lack of a better term.

I realize that those are all a bunch of stereotypes, but STILL.

Okay, to the point of my post:

Who's out to their parents, and who isn't?
Did you coming out to your parents go well, or not so well?
Let's have a discussion.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My mother badgered me until I told her, claiming the entire time that she would accept me and other nonsense. When I said "yes," she completely flipped the script and started telling me I was going to hell and yadda ******** manipulative c**t... emotion_eyebrow

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm
Centipedes In Utero

My mother badgered me until I told her, claiming the entire time that she would accept me and other nonsense. When I said "yes," she completely flipped the script and started telling me I was going to hell and yadda ******** manipulative c**t... emotion_eyebrow

Not that I'm completely ignoring your post,
but there is so much going on in your signature, I'm not sure what to do with myself.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 pm
RavennaGrimoire
Centipedes In Utero

but there is so much going on in your signature, I'm not sure what to do with myself.

I just love the dog's reaction. lol

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 pm
Centipedes In Utero
RavennaGrimoire
Centipedes In Utero

I just love the dog's reaction. lol

I'm chuckling out of control, I want a pit bull just so he can look at me with that face.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:20 pm
I never really tell my parents much as my mom always fights about everything with and I try to avoid that, but I wonder they sort of know.

My mom is always trying bring up boys sayings stuff like showing off to them or how cute they are. I like guys a lot but at times I find girls attractive and tend to be more awkward around them for some reason (I just don't get along with a lot other girls though for some reason).

I always been usual and I know people think I am weird at the very least, I don't don't know what they think is weird. Can people sense things?

Now they kind over looked the fact about me crossplaying though at one time my mom said something like "Does it have to be a guy? It could be a girl or neither." I had to explain that he is a guy (it was a jrock costume).

As for my favorite songs as a kid, it was "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Styx. I didn't care too much about the boy bands though I went a long with it to fit in better. I was more of a rock, punk, alternative and new wave kind of girl.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 pm
And now the Cerberus, it stands;
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;
I watch to hear that melancholy dirge.

I'm bi, and actually came out to my mom about a year ago. Me and my ex broke up, and I dated a guy I'd like a long time as a rebound, kinda, except I really cared about him. She was hella accepting about it, too. She said pretty much that she'd support me completely, and that if I ever needed anything, to let her know.

My stepdad, I have no clue about honestly. I dunno if she told him or not. Either way, he makes little gay jokes about me every now and then, and I usually come back with something that makes him shut up and everyone else laugh. For example.

Dad: What the hell are you two doing on your bed in there?
Me: Messin' around with TJ's new camera. We're trying to find a way hook A/V up to a laptop that doesn't have those connections.
Dad: I never could get a hang on that kinda stuff. Cause I'm not... You know. -limps wrist-
Me: You're just jealous I give better hand jobs than you.
Dad: -silence, shakes head like he's disturbed and walks off-
Me and TJ: -bust up laughing-

So yeah. O.o

I know it's true, my love for you;
I jumped into the depths of Hell;
To save you from these rotten swells;
And still, you sing that melancholy dirge.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 pm
I'm out to mostly everyone important in my family, my mom took it pretty well and was very supportive, however my dad changed. now he barely talks to me and cares less what happens to me.
My little brother also took it pretty well too, a little tear here and there but no rejection...my sister is a whole different story though, she's homophobic.  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:57 pm
Sin Error
I'm out to mostly everyone important in my family, my mom took it pretty well and was very supportive, however my dad changed. now he barely talks to me and cares less what happens to me.
My little brother also took it pretty well too, a little tear here and there but no rejection...my sister is a whole different story though, she's homophobic.

That's abnormal,
what's her deal?  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 pm
I agree with you, I believe mothers always know, but I think the one's who "didn't know" per say, simply didn't want to believe it, or just thought it was a thought, and not actually real.
My family, that's a long story xD To keep it short, I live in the south, so we have "bible thumpers here" so it was a bit difficult, but now I am out to my entire family, friends, everyone.

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

ZachariaAliankar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:31 am
Both my parents know! Yay!  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:54 am
I have never come out to my parents.
My mother...I'm pretty positive knows.
She and my Aunt are very close. My Aunt tells my cousin everything. My cousin tells me everything.
She told me that they had a discussion about a talk my mother and I had one day when we were out to lunch.
As soon as I heard the word gay in a sentence I knew what she was doing.
She was trying to get me to tell her.
I know my mom would accept me, we have gays in the family, and quite a few of them.
But, my father is a homophobe.
He told my mother that if either me or my sister turned out to be homosexual, he'd have nothing to do with us.
She told me this that day, and then asked me, "Do you think your gay?"
I was VERY tempted to say, "No, I know I am."
Instead I said, "Why would I tell you after what you just told me."
She'd have to be an idiot not to know.
She isn't.

iLuV Muzics

6,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:56 am
I'm still in the closet- to most people. I've told a couple of people, not many. I'm not sure when I'm gonna tell anyone, though. None of them cared. (I'm kinda scared to tell my friends- a few of them are Christians, so yeah. But they don't seem like the hardcore 'you're going to hell' type. So I'm not sure sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm
mehwuvzgurlz
I'm still in the closet- to most people. I've told a couple of people, not many. I'm not sure when I'm gonna tell anyone, though. None of them cared. (I'm kinda scared to tell my friends- a few of them are Christians, so yeah. But they don't seem like the hardcore 'you're going to hell' type. So I'm not sure sad

Tell 'em, if they have a problem, tell 'em to ******** off.

If they aren't willing to accept you for who you are, and somehow would rather the company of the pages of a book of fairy tales over an actual person who cares about them, then you don't need them, they're a waste.

Just stand up tall, be sickening, and make them EAT IT  

Hashtagihateit

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm
iLuV Muzics
I have never come out to my parents.
My mother...I'm pretty positive knows.
She and my Aunt are very close. My Aunt tells my cousin everything. My cousin tells me everything.
She told me that they had a discussion about a talk my mother and I had one day when we were out to lunch.
As soon as I heard the word gay in a sentence I knew what she was doing.
She was trying to get me to tell her.
I know my mom would accept me, we have gays in the family, and quite a few of them.
But, my father is a homophobe.
He told my mother that if either me or my sister turned out to be homosexual, he'd have nothing to do with us.
She told me this that day, and then asked me, "Do you think your gay?"
I was VERY tempted to say, "No, I know I am."
Instead I said, "Why would I tell you after what you just told me."
She'd have to be an idiot not to know.
She isn't.

That makes me so absolutely frustrated.
Any parent who would disown their child for being gay is an absolutely terrible excuse for a human being, let alone a parent.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff