Welcome to Gaia! ::

Republic City Role Play

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild set in Republic City from the new series Legend of Korra 

Tags: avatar: the last airbender, legend of korra, republic city, bending, equalists 

Reply Residential Area
Amidatti Family Estate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

childish_hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:38 pm
Maylin_C

User Image
Mari Jayne

Adopt the pace of nature:

"I wouldn't worry about that! If she has got a guy home it's because she is a responsible young lady who is capable of making decisions for herself and she wouldn't pick any guy you wouldn't approve of." Mari spoke up in the defense of Kai's little sister and giggled to herself. "But she's lucky to have a big brother like you who takes such good care of her. Once I meet her I'll make sure she knows."

Her secret is patience

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:53 pm
Kai Miori

User Image

"Yeah true.." Listening to Mari speak about Kana describing her as an obedient child. Which of course she was.. most of the time. Blushing at her second statement, he rubbed his hand behind his neck nervously. "Thanks Mari.. I'm glad you think that way of me" Trying to hide his blush as he looked back at her, with a small smile. "But I seriously need to introduce you guys to her" Making that decision when he would see her again.  

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

childish_hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 pm
Maylin_C

User Image
Mari Jayne

"Well... why don't you tell me about you, Kai!" Mari suggested. "I mean, since we'll be living together we might as well get to know each other, right? Is there anything you don't like? Any pet peeves Cairo and I should know about?"

Her secret is patience

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 pm
childish_hero

Kai Miori

User Image
Kai nodded. "Um alright uh some pet peeves of mine are.. I guess leaving a mess for others to pick up.. and hmm I dislike snooty rich people. But that's just what I wanted to put out there" Thinking to himself as he looked at Mari. 'I trust them' Knowing that they wanted to learn about him. "Me and my sis grew up on the streets to of Republic City.. we lost our parents when we were kids.." Talking about his pasts as he looked to the window.  

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

LlyanaLuna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 pm
User Image
~ Aigavlov Amidatti ~

Aigavlov had gotten to the top of the stairs when he began to overhead the groups conversation. He decided to continue his was to the balcony anyway, since it wasn't really much of his business to listen to other peoples troubles..even if he was welcome to it. On contrary to his way of thinking, he could still hear their conversation from the second floor, through a window just under the balcony. He leaned his arms out onto the railing, staring out into what seemed like an endless sea of Temples, trees, and water. He decided he would still hold off his own past, as he still saw no immediate need to tell the group how exactly his family got to where they were...though he would consider it if asked directly.

For the moment though, he just wanted to take a breather and let himself zone out. He knew he was going to get it from someone about this whole mess...he just was not sure who yet. So he took these precious moments to simply close his eyes, and let his mind wander.

Maylin_C

childish_hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:12 pm
LlyanaLuna

Maylin_C

User Image
Cairo Jan

They brought out LSD to control people

Cairo followed after Aigavlov, since Mari was intent on finding out Kai's life story. He wasn't as interested, since he planned on spending as much time as he could working, how much could he get on his nerves? Cairo found Aigavlov on a balcony upstairs and joined him leaning on the railing next to Aigavlov. "I just wanted to say thanks... I guess. You didn't have to let any of us stay here, I realize this might cause some tension here. Believe it or not I can kind of relate," once he let that slip he shot Aigavlov a very intense look. "Kind of," he stressed before Aigavlov got the wrong, or maybe right, idea.

and what they did was give us freedom

User Image
Mari Jayne

Mari sobered as Kai spoke of his lost family. She could relate. "Well, I don't intend on making life any more difficult for you and your sister. I know what it's like ot have to fend for yourself from a very young age," she whispered and followed his gaze out of the window. "I'm very sorry to hear that that kind of loss has effected your family too, it's not fair."

Her secret is patience

childish_hero

LlyanaLuna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:23 pm
User Image
~ Aigavlov Amidatti ~

Aigavlov took a deep breath for a few moments. It seemed as though he had not heard what Cairo said for those few moments, but then he broke his own silence: '' Don't worry about it to much...i get stress from the higher ups no matter what i do, so whats the harm in getting yelled at for something nice?''
He let out another deep breath, practically in tune with the night's wind. It was almost as if he was attuned to meditating on a high place such as this balcony and could even feel when the wind would blow from there. He opened one eye towards Cairo upon the second part of his statement. ''No need to put any stress on key points...i think i know what you are talking about. But i won't say anything that might offend you...or be intrusive.'' He pointed his right hand down to the first floor, gesturing towards the general direction of Mari and Kai underneath them. ''I figure you came up here to avoid talking about the past...so ill respect that and we can both hold to our own.'' Aigavlov spoke as though he actually had something he was hiding from the group, as though there was more to his own story that he spoke of back at the fire than he originally led on to.

Maylin_C

childish_hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm
Kai Miori

User Image

Kai looked at Mari crying, grabbing a box of tissues close by he grabbed onto it. Feeling this was his fault that she was crying, he grabbed a tissue and wiped away her tears. It was making him feel sorta uncomfy as Mari cried, he was starting to care for her. He didn't like the one's he cared for sad or in pain. Smirking he nodded. "Life isn't fair most of the time, but we need to grab onto life and take it into our own hands and make what you can with life" He had no clue where that had come from, but it felt right to say right now. "You must have went through a life like mine as well? But you are very lucky to have a great friend like Cairo to go through your life with"

LlyanaLuna

childish_hero

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

childish_hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:55 pm
((OOC: Sobered, not sobbed. But I'll go with it!))
LlyanaLuna

Maylin_C

User Image
Cairo Jan

Cairo stiffened as he hit the nail on the head. He'd left because he didn't want to talk about his past. But he didn't like that his motives were so transparent. "I don't know what you're talking about. I have no past to talk about. I've been a in a gang my whole life. I'm just a hoodlum," he rattled off the lie a little mechanically before looking back out into the horizon. "Uh, anyway, I just wanted to let you know the gesture didn't go unappreciated, that's all," he said a little awkwardly before turning on his heel and walking back downstairs.

User Image
Mari Jayne

Mari forced a smile as Kai wiped away her tears and found that she felt comforted by the small gesture. She caught his hand in her own and looked into his mismatched eyes, the ones she found beautiful and gave another attempt at smiling, this one succeeding. "Y-you're right, sometimes I lose sight in that." She sniffed and looked down, his hand still gripped in her own, however now she'd forgotten she clinged to it. "I have been quite lucky, meeting Cairo and the others, and now Aigavlov and you. I need to remember how lucky I am."

And just then Cairo walked back in, catching Mari holding hands with Kai and gave Mari a funny look.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin the moment." he said with an ounce of venom before turning and nearly speeding out. Mari realized she was still clinging to Kai's hand and dropped it almost as if his touch scalded her, and blood rushed to color her face. "No, oh! I-I didn't, i-it wasn't! Oh, excuse me!" she stammered and chased after Cairo whose reaction surprised her more than her action, which was totally uncharacteristic of her, did to provoke it.

Her secret is patience

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:12 pm
User Image
~ Aigavlov Amidatti ~

Aigavlov had heard most of the following conversation downstairs as it happened. He let out a troubled sigh, looking behind himself for a few moments. ''Well...lets just hope he doesn't wander off to far...i can't really help him if hes caught outside of the main temple by the guards by himself...'' Aigavlov shifted his lean on the rail in order to have his back leaning onto it, staring off into the sky with a troubled, yet content look. He thought about what Cairo said as he left, and it all seemed a bit...fake. At least partially anyway. In a way, it reminded Aigavlov of himself back in his own troubled times...only he had help to get through those days. He began thinking to himself, finding that he might end up returning the favor to someone he just met. The thought of it made him chuckle a bit, if not at the strangeness of it then it was the irony of the situation. At this point he simply let his eyes close, and went off into another trance.

Maylin_C

childish_hero

LlyanaLuna

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 pm
LlyanaLuna

childish_hero

Kai Miori

User Image
Kai was confused, he watched the whole scene play out in front of him. Blinking slightly he felt guilty about what just happened. Looking outside into the window, he fell silent. Thinking about the events that took place, he sighed.
"I'll go apologize later. I need to let them have their time" And with that decision, he continued to look out, outside to think.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 pm
LlyanaLuna

Maylin_C

User Image
Cairo Jan

Cairo walked at a brisk pace, wrapped up in his whirling thoughts. Why was he so upset? He hadn't really seen Mari do anything. Besides, what would he care if he had? He didn't own her, he had no claim to her. That was part of the reason they worked out so well. They did whatever they wanted and accepted each other for it. Mari knew something about his past. Well she knew about his vicious reputation, but who wouldn't? She knew about his drug abuse, and his mean tendencies, but she never once tried to change him, or even tell him that what he was doing was wrong. And he thought she was weak, in the sense that he didn't see how she found herself in a gang that took advantage of people. He didn't try and change her and make her stronger. So what did he care if she was holding hands with a guy? So what? He heard his voice being called and realized it was Mari, and he couldn't bare to face her, but he did slow down.

User Image
Mari Jayne

Mari finally caught up to Cairo after chasing after him and calling his name several times. "Ro, it wasn't what it looked like. I mean I don't know what it looked like but it wasn't that. Because it wasn't supposed to look like anything. Please, just believe me!" she pleaded and finally reached out and took his hand in hers. "I can't bare the idea you're upset with me." Cairo sighed and squeezed her hand in return. How does he explain that for whatever reason it made his stomach tight when he saw her looking into Kai's eyes the way she sometimes looked into his upset him? Well... he didn't.
"I'm not mad, I guess it just caught me off guard. It's been a long day, and you know I can't handle... surprises. That's all..." he explained and gave her a hug, anything to take the worried expression off of Mari's face, and allowed himself to be lead back to where everyone was. Though he was going to be awkwardly silent about the whole thing.
Her secret is patience

childish_hero

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 pm
childish_hero

LlyanaLuna

Kai Miori

User Image

Kai continued to look outside. He heard foot steps close by to where he was at. Looking around him, he wondered if Cairo and Mari were back. Or if it was just someone else.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 pm
LlyanaLuna

Maylin_C

User Image
Cairo Jan

Cairo was silent, as promised and he sat on a nearby bed, resigning that he was going to turn in early, if he could. That way he could sleep out any more awkwardness, but ended up staring into space. Lost in thought.

User Image
Mari Jayne

Mari also sat quietly, for a time before breaking the silence. "So, uh, where is Aigavlov? He just left? I hope he isn't in too much trouble."

Her secret is patience

childish_hero

LlyanaLuna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm
User Image
~ Aigavlov Amidatti ~

Aigavlov could hear the faint footsteps of both Cairo and Mari re-entering the building he was in. He could tell that one had gone up to the third floor, where the beds were, and the other elsewhere. Since he was tired himself, he decided it would not be a bad idea to try and catch some shut eye. So he made his way up the central ladder up into the large multi-bedroom. Sure enough, Cairo was laying down in one of the beds. Aigavlov payed no mind to him, as it seemed to him that Cairo was lost in thought and if he stayed silent enough he could probably get into a bed without him noticing. So he walked over to an adjacent bed on the other side of the room, and slid himself into the recently put together covers.

He had caught what Mari has said earlier, but Aigavlov figured with all the drama that had just happened everyone could deal with their own bit of privacy. Even if it was only for a little while.

Maylin_C

childish_hero

Residential Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas