WC: 1152

Pirato was aware of his sons discontent. He knew that he had been aiming for the position of Pirate King, since he was a young cub. But that was why Pirato had called the male to him today. He was sitting in his den, surrounded by his golds and furs. He sat like a king, tall and poised as he waited for the younger male to arrive. He had sent Jax, his faithful companion, to fetch the lad. He only hoped that Blackbeard would not try to eat the bird. He knew he was capable. Pirato frowned, though his blood red eyes stayed on the entrance of the den. Blackbeard wouldn't turn down a visit to his father. Not when he thought that being around his father would better his odds of a future. The bird flew into the den, and sat by his King's side. One look to the bird, and he was nodding, indicating that the male was on his way. Frankly, Pirato was just happy the bird had returned with all his feathers in place.

The black shadow moved into the den, and his own blood red eyes caught his fathers. Pirato and Blackbeard shared little resemblance, unless you caught that same ambitious gaze in their eyes. The shadow moved like a g host, his body strong, each step radiating confidence.

"I heard you wanted to see me." He spoke, sitting a few feet in front of his father, as his father wished of all his visitors. He wasn't in a very informal mood.. not with a conversation as serious as what he was about to have.

Blackbeard could feel the question in Pirato. He knew what he was about to ask, or at least he thought he did. The excitement was washing over him in waves though you wouldn't have known by looking at him. He smiled a little, a smile that held a touch more than malice behind it. It was the smile Blackbeard had always carried, so Pirato paid it no mind.

"Aye. I did." The older male answered, looking rather serious. He was the King, and he lived the way a King would. Jewels, loot, all sorts of treasures strewn about. It was obvious who lived here.

"Then what did you need? I am very busy. I would hope this is important." Blackbeard answered, arching an eyebrow. Why wasn't father getting on with it? This was a touch ridiculous, even for the slower, older male. He sighed, and raised his paw to inspect his claws before placing it down on the ground.

"Well, ye are older now. I was figurin' that ye are of the age that I could mention this to ye." Pirato answered, and he never took his eyes off his son. He knew that he was potentially dangerous. That much was a given. If not in sheer size, Blackbeard had his mothers wit. He was smart, and he knew what to do, to get what he needed.

"I have been thinkin' 'bout this long and hard, son." He started, and then sighed. He had to say it, because eventually drawing it out would just piss Blackbeard off further.

"I be hopin' for a son, from Adaeze. Once that happens, I be naming him the Pirate Prince." He said, and his eyes waited for Blackbeard's reaction. The surprise was so visible on Blackbeard's face.

"You are doing what?" The voice asked. It was filled with a venom that was even a little harsh for Blackbeard. He narrowed his eyes, and his gaze was no longer the friendly, docile look.

"Why the hell would you do that? What do you stand to gain from it? Adaeze is the same as all females, a common whore. Give her a minute and she would likely go to another male to sire cubs. All she would have to do was pretend they were yours!" Came the angry response.

Pirato frowned and shook his head. "I had been expectin' more of ye, lad. I was hopin' you would take this with a grain of salt. Ye still be my son, ye still have yer own position of power. Why do ye be needin' Pirate King?" He asked, and he was genuinely curious. Pirato wouldn't have taken the position had his father not left it to him. But Pirato had been the single son of the last Pirate King.

"How did you expect me to act? Did you want be to be happy that I'd be bowing down to someone who isn't even alive at this moment? I'm appalled. Sincerely. I am the strongest son that you could ever sire. I am a warrior, and you choose to ignore it?"

"I do not ignore it." Pirato's voice argued back, and it was starting to raise in tone. "I just be sayin' ye would stay as a Cap'n. I thought ye would be enjoyin' such a role. Ye bein' strong, is exactly why I won't be naming you the Prince. I am not stupid. I know how strong ye be, and I am not willing to be messin' around with fate. Ye are to stay as ye have desired to be in the past. A Cap'n. If ye be havin' any more issues about this, then ye best suck it up. Nothin' is changin'."

The words were like gravel in the wound, and Blackbeard wanted to fling himself on the king at that moment. He wasn't likely to, but he knew Pirato knew that he was dangerous, and he was a ticking clock now. He snarled and shook his head again.

"You are a coward! A damn coward." The accusation came fast, and Blackbeard meant every bit of it. What kind of King didn't want the strong heir? The one that could do everything with the pride that the current King had not done? It was time for a change, and Blackbeard knew that was HIS chance.

"Ye best be watchin' yer tone boy! I will not be reprimanded by me own son. It will not happen. I will sink ye to the depths meself, before I let you have the pride. Ye are a loose cannon. Ye are dangerous, and need training. I am not confident that ye will take such training. I am not confident that ye will do what ye need to do, to take care of the people. Ye care about yerself, and that isn't what a King is."

Blackbeard snarled again, and turned, stalking out to the exit of the den before glaring back at his father.

"You will be sorry for it father. You will see your precious non-existent Prince fail. And I will do nothing to stop it." He growled, and turned again. Though this time, he snuck back out into the shadows and was quickly gone.

Dax cast a look at Pirato, and Pirato frowned.

"C'mon Dax. We shall retire, shall we?"