Submit

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm
With a still somewhat dam coat, the lioness let out a small giggle to herself as she dramatically placed her paw back into pride lands once more. She'd been gone quite some time, just out enjoying the different scenery and giving herself some time to think. But now that she'd returned she couldn't be happier to finally be here. Though - she wasn't exactly familiar with what 'here' was. Due to the weather, she'd lost her way and had ended up on some strange detour. Eventually she'd found her way back to the lands she called home. But, on an unfamiliar side. The scents were all quite familiar, the strong essence of home. But other than that, she felt she was lost in an alien environment. Even the plants seemed completely different than the ones where she lived.

As she stepped cautiously into the lands, she looked around curiously. Perhaps if she could find some sign of life, it could point her in the direction she truly needed to go. Or she could wait until nightfall, now that the rain had settled the sky should be a much easier guide. With an innocent expression on her face, the lioness spoke up into the emptiness. "H-Hello?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:55 pm
User Image

Things weren't quite as empty as they seemed. Amavasya had tucked herself neatly into the late afternoon shadows on the border, resting her paws during her patrol. That was all she was resting, though - she remained attentive, her dark eyes scanning the landscape for signs of anything amiss. Granted, there was very rarely anything amiss, and scouting duties more frequently involved welcoming newcomers more often than they did anything else, but she paid close attention just in case. Scouting also gave her a lot of time alone with her thoughts, which she had come to both appreciate and resent. Some thinking was good. Too much...

Hmm? What was that? An unfamiliar, strangely-marked lioness approached, looking and sounding somewhat unsure. Vasya rose and stepped into view, asking quietly, "Are you lost?"  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:04 pm
Maswali stepped back in shock, at the female's sudden appearance. She hadn't seen her just a moment ago, where exactly had she come from? Not that she was ungrateful that she was there - it was just, surprising. Inhaling a deep breath, she smiled a very relieved smile and spoke up. "OH! Sorry, I wasn't expecting you to pop up like that." She offered the female a friendly smile before continuing. "Actually - I think I am. I was coming back from a trip and the rain caused me to take a detour. But, taking that detour brought me here..." She paused, taking a second to inhale another large breath.

"The problem with here is - I don't know where here is. I - I mean, this is the Pridelands right?" She took a small sniff of the air, it smelled like home. She'd be in for a shock if this lioness told her otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm
"...aah, sorry," she apologized after some hesitation. It wasn't strictly true that she was sorry for startling the other lioness, but she hadn't been trying to startle her, either, and...well, it was just polite. Being polite was what Amavasya fell back on when she wasn't sure what to do, which was still most of the time. She hadn't always been so lacking in confidence, far from it, but she was all inside-out without her twin around.

"It is." The darker lioness blinked, regarding the stranger curiously. She said didn't know where she was, then guessed correctly that she was in the Pridelands. It was odd. "Where were you going in the first place?"  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:20 pm
"Oh no need to apologize, it was a happy surprise!" With a squeak in her voice, Maswali patted her paws happily on the ground. She was still a bit nervous around others, and being in an unfamiliar portion of the pride didn't seem to be helping her anxiety.

"GREAT!" She yelled excitedly, quickly covering her mouth with a paw. "Sorry, i'm just a little excitable right now." Nodding her head in fervent agreement, she listened to the lioness' final question before offering her own confused glance. "I was coming here of course - but I was aiming for a different area I guess. I don't travel outside of my comfort zone much, and so this area is a little foreign to me."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:27 pm
The scout flinched a little when the other yelled, flattening her ears and shrinking back reflexively. She was so loud! Vasya simply stared for a moment before seeming to recover and shake off the surprise, although she was at a loss for how to deal with someone so...enthusiastic.

"Oh, I...I see." She forced herself to revert to a more relaxed posture, scolding herself internally. She shouldn't be nervous, she hadn't been nervous before, and it was ridiculous that she was now. "It's...good that you're happy, I guess."

"What brings you here?"  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 pm
As the other female recoiled from her loud voice, a pang of guilt washed over her face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I'll lower my voice." With a lower volume to her tone Maswali smiled comfortingly at the female before her. "Yes i'm quite a bit happy today. I've had an epiphany, and i'm back home!" She wouldn't go into much detail about her epiphany, unless of course the other showed interest. But she would gladly boast that she had actually had one.

What brought her here? The question was a bit odd, considering she lived here. But with a little bit of thought she supposed it was reasonable that the female wouldn't know her. "Well, I was just on my way home. I live here, well not here, but I live in the Pridelands. I went out on my own for a few days to get some fresh air. But now i'm back!" She was so grateful to be back, she definitely did not miss the emptiness of the roguelands.

"What about you? What brings you out to edges of the pride? Er -" Suddenly realizing she didn't know the female's name she pawed at the ground awkwardly. "Oh! I'm Maswali by the way."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 pm
"Oh, you live here?" Amavasya considered this for a moment, and ultimately decided that it was probably a bad thing that she didn't recognize Maswali, not even a little. The pride was huge, sure, but she should at least have a better idea of who belonged and who didn't. She hadn't fully realized until just now how very reclusive she had become, and it was a startling revelation to grasp. It shouldn't be this way. She shook it off for now, resolving to confront it when she wasn't in the company of another.

"I'm a Scout," she answered. "I, ah, I'm Vasya."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:58 pm
"Yes! I've been here a few months, but that's nothing compared to those who have lived their entire lives here." Nodding matter of factly, she continued on with her conversation. "Oh, I like your name! It's very pretty." Bowing her head slightly she went on. "It's quite a pleasure to meet you." As she stood there, the lioness began to realize just how weak on her feet she was becoming. Having walked that long detour was going to take its toll soon.

"I don't mean to impose on you Vasya, but if you would be so kind. Could you point me in the general direction of the southern end of the pride?" It was a silly request, but Maswali really was terrible with directions. "I would find it myself, but I won't be able to do so until nightfall."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:07 pm
A few months? Well, Vasya felt a little better - at least Maswali hadn't lived here her entire life. That would have made not recognizing her no end of pathetic. "Th-thanks," she responded hesitantly, "It's short for Amavasya."

A pang. Even her name was a sharp reminder of her absent twin.

"It's that way." The spotted lioness tipped her head in the proper direction. "I can take you, if you want."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces