Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 pm
User Image
Breath of Life had never had kids. He had honestly never really thought about the possibility of having kids; not that he didn't eventually want one, he just never expected that it would happen so soon. He... well, he sort of always thought he'd find a doe later in life who he'd maybe stick with for a while before actually making some sort of conscious decision to have children. He'd... sort of... forgotten about the fact that it could happen whether you wanted it to or not... And Hawthorn was just lovely enough to enchant him, and lucky enough to learn this lesson with him.

He truly felt a little guilty, but... when he really stopped to think about it, if he was able to break through the panic, he sort of liked the idea. Little goatlettes running around, it was a cute idea that helped the seizing in his chest and made his breath slow for a moment -- before he remembered again that oh dear motherfather he's having kids!

Hence his current frenzy. He was finding it hard to find the happy calm place, and increasingly easy to remain in the panicked and guilty zone. Ultimately, while there was nothing he could do about the fact that Hawthorn was going to produce his kin, he could at least try to make sure that she and the babies would be fine. He didn't want his foolish actions to have a toll on anyone else -- he could at least minimize the damage... hopefully... right?

Breath of Life hurried through some hanging foliage and looked about. He hadn't seen a Legendary all day, but he felt he had to be getting close, right? He didn't even mind who it was (he'd heard stories about some... interesting blessings), he just wanted to find someone at this point. He was prepared to search all week, but it would save him some grief if he didn't have to.

He turned around a pool of water and around another bush and -- stopped. Was... was his mind playing with him? Did he see what he thought he saw? Oh, oh he hoped so. There was really only one way to find out. He slowly began forward again, at a cautious pace, and coughed before speaking.

"Hello. I'm so sorry to bother you, but I was... I was hoping to find... Well, I've fathered a clutch, and I'm hoping to perhaps find someone who can make sure they're... alright..." He was so awkward. He didn't exactly know how to approach this issue. He just... hoped the other wasn't too terribly offended.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The abnormal cold was lessening day by day, which was a great relief to all. With all that had transpired in the north, Wildflower Breeze found himself again able to wander with an easy conscience. He'd been stopped in the present area for only a few days, but already word had spread that a great, rangy stag was about. He'd had a few visitors already, seeking advice, and blessings for their children, and a peek at one of the motherfather's chosen sons.

It was all rather tiring, to tell the truth, and Breeze needed a bit of a pick-me-up! By chance, he happened on a rather deep snow drift. With the weather getting warmer, the snow seemed less like a life-threatening anomaly and more like a fluffy, cold pile of pristine white fun. Thinking he was done with visitors for a bit, Breeze took a surreptitious look around and, finding himself unobserved, jumped into the snow pile and rolled around a bit.

However, it was not long before an anxious query startled Breeze out of his snow-bath. He stood quickly, fur and wreath caked with snow, and cast a guilty eye around - a buck that blended in a bit in the wintry cover, save for the dark blue on his back, was approaching tentatively.

After the stranger stumbled over his piece, Breeze stepped bashfully out of the snow pile, and said, "I, er, yes. I can help with that." He sniffed pensively. "It is rather frightening the first time. First few times. Possibly every time. I understand."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image
Perhaps he didn't really have to be so nervous. After all, he'd' stumbled upon this stag rolling in the snow. Even so, it was crazy that he was searching for a stag at all. He was even too focused and nervous to smirk, though he felt it pressing behind his ears.

"I thank you very much. It is... so nerve-wracking... You're a father?" He paused, wondering if asking any more would be pushing it too far, but... well, he wasn't going to pass up a chance like this. "What's it like? Do you have any... words of wisdom... to pass on?" Oof, he felt his throat stiffen. He shouldn't take more of this buck's time than was necessary.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be-- right. I just... I don't really know how this works? What... should I do something?" Man, why couldn't he just, you know, collect himself? Kids were more intense than he thought so far...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The fellow seemed to be letting his coltish behavior slide. Rather relieved by this Breeze acted a little more like his usual, calming self. "It's quite alright, really," he said to the frazzled buck. "I'm a father twice over, in fact. You'll find your doe will know what to do, mostly, for the ah, physical part of the process. Important to stay by and support her," he added, remembering that that is precisely what he did not do when he came upon his first mate quite obviously pregnant. She seemed to loathe him quite thoroughly now, so obviously that was a badly done. "Raising them, if you choose to, is another matter," he continued. "Important to be patient, and gentle, and speak softly in the first part. They'll learn how to move and talk from you - not just the basics, mind, but the little quirks and habits, too. In short, be a good example," he concluded.

Breeze paused in thought for a moment. "I can offer a ah, a blessing of health, for the children, if you'd like. Take one more stress off your mind. They tend to grow up stronger, and more of them live, if one of uh, us, offer a token of our good will, with the blessing of the Motherfather."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:11 pm
User Image
Breath of Life was... well, so very grateful that the stag was choosing to answer his knee-jerk questions. It made his fur seem to finally settle again, his lungs seem to finally relax, letting him actually completely exhale... hand he felt so much better for it. He was beginning to relax, tension melting. Even if it was just a start, any advice was helpful advice. The stag's stature, his experience, was just... nice. It was very nice. He was actually smiling a bit now. "I can do that... I think I could be good at this, actually... maybe..." He couldn't fully get behind himself, but he was at least sure willing to try.

Breath was also in thought with the new encouraging images allowed him when the stag spoke up again. His eyes brightened and he nodded cautiously, "I would very much appreciate it. That would make me feel quite a bit better, I think... I-If that would be okay."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Smiling benevolently, Breeze watched as a bird which may or may not have been there - or, at least visible - before took off from his back and landed before the buck. The bird held a sprig of mint from the stag's garland in its break, and looked up at him with the same intelligent, green eyes the stag had. "Take her this," he said, "and have her eat it. It carries with it my well-wishes for your family. And, at present," he added, "I do wish you the best of luck."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 pm
User Image
Breath of Life looked down at the songbird, intrigued. He had... he had never seen such a thing, but he could swear he was still watching the stag. Its gaze still kept him calm, seemed to assure him that everything really would be okay... well, so long as he put in his own good efforts.

The buck nodded, his eyes cheerful and showing just how gleeful he was. He was just glad to have any information, and he felt so good now about everything. He leaned down to receive the sprig from the bird, excited and feeling slightly energized. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"You're quite welcome," Breeze said with a polite bow, and smiled as he watched the fellow go, letting his bird-form fade back into wherever it went when it wasn't there. Another first-time parent reassured, and a few more bright-eyed children to be born into the world with a parent a little more ready for them. Warmed the very cockles of his old heart, it did.

Breeze's gaze slid back across to the snow pile... He was quite sure he was alone again. He bunched down and sprang again into the pile of powder, sending up a spray of flakes.

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas