[PRP] Your orders, sir? (Argent and Ghost) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:04 am
He smiled, but shook his head. "You're a good kid, Argent. And I suppose we could be comrades, friends if you wish to. You can't just decide to ... be someones companion. That's rather something that develops over time."
Sheating his sword, he walked over to the young boy and ruffled his hair.
"I understand that it's difficult for you to relate to the other children. You have a fighters soul, and unlike you many of them find it quite easy to adapt to this new life. But you're still young, and there will surely be others more like you in the future. Maybe you'll even learn to appreciate the peace. It's a good thing, really."
And he meant exactly that. He had a hard time adapting to the quiet life himself, but he wouldn't trade it for another war if he had a choice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am
As his hair was ruffled, Argent was pondering the distinction between companion and friend. Weren't they the same? But he gave a crooked smile all the same. "Alright... Friends then. I think I'd like that." At least it would give him someone to talk to, right? But the idea that there would be others like him worried him.

"If there are more like me... that would be rather sad. No one would feel they belong here."  

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 pm
Ghost shook his head. How was he supposed to explain something to the boy that he wouldn't even hope he could understand?
"Listen. I know that it sounds difficult right now, to relate to this place where you don't feel like you belong. I can't tell you why we still exist, but I'm sure that over time we became far more than just weapons created for the sole purpose of war."
He paused, thinking. "But you know, your reason for existing is something only you yourself can figure out. That's what growing up is about. You'll learn and make your own experiences, and before long you figure out what you want to do, your dreams of the future. That is all the purpose you should need. Fulfilling those dreams."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:24 pm
Argent had a contemplative look on on his face for a moment. "You... have given me a lot to think about, Ghost. But..." He lifted the spear and held it up, looking at the padded tip. "I think you've also given me an idea. We don't know what's beyond the dome; there could be really dangerous things out there. If everyone is so peaceful, there could be problems." Yes, that decided it. "I'll become stronger. Even if I'm restless, there's no reason anyone else should feel uneasy here." He had a restless, fighting spirit, but he could put it to work and keep others safe, right? "I'll become strong to keep the others safe!" After a moment's thought, he added "Should they need it."  

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm
"That's right. One can never know what waits beyond the dome, or if this world is entirely peaceful. Even if we do not need to fight right now, there is no certainty that we won't have to in the future."
Ghost smiled, sheating his blade and stretching.
"That's why I suggested you could become a guard if that is what you wish for. It's up to you, just be sure that this is your choice, noone is ordering you to do it."
He was sure that Argent would make a great guardian or warrior, the kid was basically radiating it. He still feared that he would not enjoy his childhood as he should, but there was not really a way Ghost could force him to. To each his own, that's what he himself had been taught, much, much too late.
"I should go back to work. And you, young man, should go outside." He finally said with a friendly nod.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm
For all that Ghost may have worried about Argent not enjoying his childhood, hearing the encouragement to become a guard made his face light up with childlike glee. "I think being a guard would be perfect!" He held the hilt of the spear a little tighter. The more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea. "Outside?" there wasn't really much that was interesting outside. It was so... peaceful. But he could get used to the land. Yeah! He'd explore, and try and see beyond the dome. That was perfect! If he could watch what creatures awaited them outside...

"Yes sir!" This time, he didn't even try to sneak the training weapon out of the room. He eagerly put it away. "Just you wait. I'll be the best guard you've ever seen!"  

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

[RP] - the place for all RP threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out