Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We haven't uploaded yet
  But we've got 5 episodes recorded
View Results

Sepren Maelstrom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 pm
You can view the channel here! Nerds' Pair-A-Dice Podcast

It shall be called Nerds' Pair-A-Dice [guess whose idea the name was... Hurr] and it focuses on a lot of areas of nerd culture, talking about games and movies and things out as well as rants from the three of us, hahah.

I'm currently working on a logo for the site, partially because it'll make a good image to have throughout the file uploads. We have to turn the audio files into movie files in order to upload to Bloggers [or something] or Youtube [obviously], so it'll be put in place of actual footage. Besides that it'll be good for display purposes, hahah.

I shall post the image when all done if anybody wishes to see. =P I'll also link y'all to the podcast once we're up and running.

EDIT: Here is the image! We're deciding whether or not to put the title upon the logo in text... If so, methinks I'd put it on in red.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With text:
Text A
Text B [Forgot the apostrophe... Can't change it after messing with settings in Photoscape, bahh.]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 pm
Alternative images with the podcast name are up too. Anybody have some feedback?

Also, if we do go with the text, I'd like to have it in sort of an arc rather than straight across. Paint Tool SAI doesn't have a text tool, so I did this in Photoscape... But that doesn't have the option to type into a curve, or to bend the selection. Anybody know of software that can do such a thing; free if possible?  

Sepren Maelstrom

Venom Z

Allied Combatant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:54 pm
I think with a little work GIMP can arc text. I think I've done it before, but I don't remember how. I'm sure there's a guide somewhere. :P  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 am
Cool, I shall take a look at in in Gimp today, then. Thanks! =]  

Sepren Maelstrom

Sepren Maelstrom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:39 pm
Gimp was not as productive as I'd have liked... Microsoft Word Works didn't seem to want to help much either. I installed Inkscape which has a relatively simple system [make a path, curve it; make text, place it onto path; make path totally transparent] that I can access now for future reference, hahah.

So here is the updated version with text:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 am
Lol, that's the same method you're supposed to use in GIMP. It has a Text to Path option with the text tool. :P

You should use a different font. That one looks very... defaulty.  

Venom Z

Allied Combatant

Sepren Maelstrom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 pm
Holy crap. brentalfloss [known on Youtube and from screwattack.com] is looking for podcasts etc [about gaming and all] to do interviews with about his new upcoming CD. I emailed him about our podcast, not really expecting anything, and ******** hell he responded like 10 minutes later. We're tentatively going to do a 'net interview on the 18th in the afternoon.

I am so stoked, holy crap. I love this guy's videos and he's really well-known, so it'd be ******** GREAT publicity to help us get off the ground and establish more of an audience! This is so awesome ohh gaaaaaawd~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm
Woot! Congrats cool

emotion_brofist  

John Stamos is in a tree

Rainbow Cat

14,750 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sepren Maelstrom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm
Thanks! We're looking into ways to record Skype conversations [and exploring the free options 'cause damn >.>] and we're going to do some research, so that in the interview we can ask him questions he hasn't handled before. Fresh material for ze listeners.

Eeeeeeeeeeee~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:41 pm
Awesome. I belieeeeeeeeeeve in you. heart  

John Stamos is in a tree

Rainbow Cat

14,750 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Partygoer 500
Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff