Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
How do I tell them?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cuddly Magikarp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 am
My mom and my aunt constantly make fun of people who aren't straight. ... I am a girl who wants to be a man, but how the hell do I tell them? It hurts becasue i feel like they're making fun of me, but they have no idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 pm
Cuddly Magikarp
My mom and my aunt constantly make fun of people who aren't straight. ... I am a girl who wants to be a man, but how the hell do I tell them? It hurts becasue i feel like they're making fun of me, but they have no idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRjxpVU8VQ

Dunno if that helps...I stumbled upon this charming boy while looking for a conversation starter for another topic.

HOW you tell them? I would ask her to sit down and have a talk..although you may want to address her in whatever way you normally do...maybe your conversations have a bit more casual setup. If you think she would laugh at you and tell you your the opposite of what you feel, then I would opt for a more formal approach..be confident! =) and good luck! I hope my advice helps  

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:17 am
Sexuality and gender are two different things - but can go hand in hand I imagine.

From the group I've attended, it's thought best to write it down. My current interest came out via paper. It generally allows you to say all that you want to say without interruption - so that they can read all of what you have to say and not just partially hear it.

I happened to have blurted my coming out - having no thoughts on how to arrange it cause I felt in that time was the only time I could say it. My parents are open so it went easily in comparison to what could have happened.

Besides, writing it out, revising, allows you to also help get your thoughts together ow to portray it to the one(s) you want to tell. To make sure you say it the right way you wanted to.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games