Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[JRP] I'm Hungry! (Jomijoke/Fupa x Ozareus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:04 am
Like a lump of silt pushed up from the bottom of the lake Jomijoke lay on the muddy shore at the edge of the murky swamp water. It was difficult to imagine the stout lioness was capable of catching anything in the viscous channels, yet no one could deny that there was a large catfish between her paws. Mouth gnawing at the rotund belly as she tore into the scaled armor in order to get to the tender flesh inside.

H-Hey! Shhaaaaaaaare! A familiar voice hissed in the water dweller's ear, causing a vividly pink gaze--set into a mud soaked face--to turn on the snake that slithered towards her in a hurry. Fupa's pale white body took on a ghostly glow against the shadows of the forest where little light ever managed to force through the thick canopy. Smudged brown only along his belly as he writhed through the loose earth looking more like a giant earthworm than a the bone-crushing python that he was as he left a single, wriggling track across the ground.

As he reached his peculiarly reptilian companion his weight settled across the earthy brown back of the lioness, looping his coils around her neck for stability as he sunk his teeth into the face of the fish.

Jomijoke wasn't appreciative of the greedy gesture, knowing how quickly her voracious partner-in-crime could devour an entire meal without any consideration for her. A silky growl spilling through her clenched teeth as she swatted at the constrictor's giant head. Let go. This is mine!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 am
He was sure that he had found paradise. Here he was, in the swamp lands that he had heard of. Mud and water, all around him. It was definitely a dream come true. He smiled, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He couldn't wait to show Sitiri. He had hoped she would like it as much as he did, her being as homeless as himself.

He was a large male, bigger than most males but still not the biggest he had seen. He had well defined muscles under his chocolate pelt. He was handsome, he had heard it before, but he hadn't really paid it much attention. He much preferred to flatter a female rather than take compliments himself.

The swamp was large, but there was a lake that he had seen that was pretty large in itself. He smiled, wondering if it was good enough for a swim. Stepping closer, he didn't expect to see others.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 am
Recoiling from the reprimanding slap to his snout Fupa gave his rectangular head a quick shake before rubbing beneath the jaw of the lioness relentlessly. Fupa isssss hungry!

He whined as if the pathetic note in his voice might soften the huntress to his plight, even if he knew better than that. Jomijoke hated this act of helplessness, but perhaps the accompanying nuzzle might aid in convincing her to share. So far, the apathetic female wasn't budging.

Knock it off, there are plenty of fish, you don't need this one. Stoic tone assured around a mouthful of flesh, paws squeezing a tight hold on her kill, not entirely trusting that the python wouldn't attempt to steal it from her. Companions though they were, their relationship was still relatively new and Jomi found herself having difficulty putting trust in a creature that could strangle the life from her. He seemed obedient enough though, so she couldn't exactly complain.

Falling silent when the soft, sucking sound of paws treading through mud drew her focus, the earth brown lioness pinned the stranger with bright pink eyes and attentively piqued ears. A male with a pelt similar to the synthetic color Jomi currently wore stepped into plain view, though he seemed perfectly oblivious to her presence. His tall figure and appealing fur immediately intrigued her. Was he a regular in the pride? The solitary youth wouldn't have known either way given that she kept to herself, tending only to meet with those who wandered into the murky water ways and accidentally stumbled across her. Way back it had been fun to stalk the unsuspecting swamp-dwellers and scare the daylights out of them, but she had since grown out of such childish antics--well.. mostly.

Before she could introduce herself the albino reptile was already slithering towards him, red eyes gleaming intently. When hunting prey the element of surprise was everything and Fupa wasn't about to waste his chance while the male was distracted. Heavy body lurching to curl around the muscular body, prepared to crush the life from the lion to feed himself when that familiar voice beckoned him tightly.

Fupa, release him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 pm
His eyes were distracted, called to the water by the swimming fish that made their way through their waters. He smiled, prepared maybe to do his own fishing. He wasn't a bad fisherman, but he wouldn't call himself a pro. He was hardly the pro of anything besides having fun.

He had no time to think when the snake curled around him, squeezing and making him cough and sputter. He could feel his body lurch under the muscle of the snake. This was the last way he had expected to go. He squeaked, and that was the last breath he could get before he heard the voice.

The snake loosened it's grip, and he gasped for the breath his lungs had been deprived of for a moment. He coughed, putting a paw to his chest as he collapsed to the earth for a moment. He growled, and pushed himself up when he felt his muscles could handle the movement. His eyes looked at the snake, and they were angry.

"What the hell was that for?" He asked, his eyebrows narrowing.

Then his eyes went up to her.

"Oh..uh..hi?"  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:59 pm
Despite loosening his hold on the lion Fupa didn't quite release his prey, hanging in loose coils around the unsuspecting male like the smart a** that he was. Blinking a lazy look at the angry expression that greeted him from the muddy colored figure. Without saying it the reptile clearly made a face that suggested he thought the feline a little slow. Why else would he have attempted to squeeze the life out of another beast? Fupa is hungry!

Whining at the swamp cat as if the stranger would simply give himself to the python if he understood his reasoning Fupa looked about as hopeful as a snake could.

I meant get off him. Take the damn fish already. Reiterating her point upon taking notice that her companion had yet to remove the burden of his heavy body from the wanderer who had clearly wandered into the wrong place at the wrong time. Pushing the plump fish with one paw it skidded on smooth scales across the ground, closer to where Fupa was yet also away from his current target.

With a scheming look of relish the albino snake slithered free, immediately hurrying to the meal Jomijoke had reluctantly relinquished before she could have a change of heart.

Standing now, the filthy lioness examined Fupa's prey with interest. Drawn to his all-too-familiar coloring she couldn't deny he was handsome, but given what she had just witnessed not all that bright. You new around here?

Jomi was never the sort to waste time with formalities.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:56 am
It was true, staring down the snake like he was was pretty unnerving to the male. He cleared his throat, wanting to bop it on it's head, but he didn't think that would be too smart here.. He watched the female scoot her meal closer to the snake, and it didn't take long for the snake to unravel itself completely. When it was gone, he shook his body as if waking the muscles wake up.

"I am new, yes. I have to say, this isn't the sort of greeting anyone really wants." He said, and he sort of chuckled. He put his paw to his chest, bowing his head in greeting. He was a gentleman, even if he was a bit of a livewire. He was surprised he wasn't bouncing around her in excitement at meeting someone new right now.. But then again, he had almost just been squeezed to death by her companion.

"I am Ozareus.. err.. Canis." He said. He had gone by Oz all his life, though here he had taken the name "Dog". It was weird yes, but the male saw nothing wrong with such things!  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 pm
Your inexperience is showing. No veteran swamp dweller wanders about so oblivious of their surroundings. Jomijoke mused dryly, making her disapproval clear as she arched a brow at the stranger. With a leisurely pace the short limbed, otter-like lioness circled the unfamiliar male. Not being one of the most social members of the pride the only way she could tell newcomers from others was by their actions. Even that wasn't always a reliable method given that there were certainly Swampies present upon the grounds who were as careless as this one.

His polite bow and good-natured humor caught Jomi off guard, pressing back into the bank again where she sat heavily upon her haunches. Canis must have been his new name. It always took a while to get used to being retitled or so the albinistic female had heard. For the previously Mwezimoma, becoming Jomijoke had been more like remembering something forgotten about her true self. Pink hues regarding her comrade quietly. Jomijoke.. I guard the waterways that twist through our pride... and that is Fupa.

A nod gestured towards the rock python. My companion. You should be more wary in these parts. Unlike in the grasslands there are plenty like him who would be all too happy to make a meal of an unsuspecting lion, with no one to tell them otherwise..

Struggling to scoop the large fish into his mouth and ingest it in a single, stretching swallow, the reptile's jaws were already unhinged and expanding. Fighting to get his mouth around the bulk of the wide head and jutting fins that were proving a problem. At the mention of his name instinct caused him to gaze at the pair, but being indisposed Fupa said nothing. Sinewy frame gathering the strength to lift the heavy fish and his upper body off the ground, head tilted backwards to permit gravity to help aid in the consumption of the awkward and slightly cumbersome meal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 pm
"Well.. Like I said, I am indeed new. I'm glad that I was lucky enough to have it be your friend, rather than another snake to come and eat me." He hadn't realized he would need to exercise caution in a swamp. He was aware of crocodiles and such, but he hadn't thought that he would have to defend himself against snakes. That made him shudder, though he resisted the urge to chase the snake away for having almost tried to turn him into dinner.

Watching the snake made Oz's belly heave a bit and he shook his head. He couldn't watch the snake eat. Not with the unhinging of the jaws.

"Pleasure to meet you Jomijoke... and..Fupa." He said Fupa's name slowly, still holding a slight grudge on him. After all, his heart was still beating wildly in his chest.

"I should have been more careful. Thank you for helping me." He said genuinely.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am
Jomijoke wouldn't argue with that. He was incredibly lucky to have met Fupa and not one of the other snakes in the area, the question of his good fortune made all the more undeniable by the fact that she been there to rein in her unpredictable companion. Feeling conflicted between her annoyance for his cub-like obliviousness and the pangs of attraction she felt towards his rich, brown pelt the peculiar female shifted her weight uncomfortably. She'd never had an issue separating sense from emotion before and the experience was disorienting. I wish I could say the same... but I generally don't enjoy rescuing dumb males from their own lack of awareness.

A harsh reprimand served as Jomi's attempt to regain her composure, though she couldn't quite stop herself from softening the blow. You're welcome though...

Damnit! What good is a pretty face if he hasn't got a brain in his head? Trying to rationalize her right to treat Canis with her typically condescending air, the lioness was disappointed to find it wasn't quite working. Finding words of generosity slipping off her tongue before she even realized they were crossing her mind. I guess, if you need a guide.. we can help you, if you want..

Her gaze drifting away from her new pride member and the damn snake that was staring at her now that he'd managed to get the last of the catfish's tail into his mouth.

Digesting was hard work, sleek muscles squeezing and pressing down upon the body of the fish he devoured. Now a lump slowly creeping through his digestive tract. Though it had only felt like he'd been distracted by the brief meal for a few minutes when Fupa gazed back at the pair of lions he was perplexed by the events that appeared to be taking place. Jomijoke was being.. nice to a stranger? Especially one as clueless as this misplaced lion? Garnet eyes pinned his shying companion who seemed to be purposely avoiding his gaze. He might have pursued investigating this peculiar situation if being full of food hadn't made him sluggish. It would have to wait until later, sing-songing in a wry tone as he agreed almost mockingly. Yeeessss... we can help.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games