Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:36 pm
User Image
Coeur strode confidently through the Mainlands of the pride near the border of the colonies. Since the war that raged within the pride Coeur had been hesitant of all the other members, worrying that there was a chance that she could be attacked or kidnapped or who knew what else. Sure it might have been looked at as a bit conceited or the like but, what could she do? War made you become fearful of anything and everything.

Now that she was an adult though her worry had eased quite a bit. She now had size on her side as well as the new strength that came with it. If someone was going to come after her, well, she wasn't going to make it easy. A small smile came to her maw. As exciting as it sounded to be a warrior she felt a surge of unease and nervousness rise in her chest.

"Why are these matters so hard?" She said outloud, sighing. Closing her eyes Coeur forced herself to clear her thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:27 pm
User ImageYofiel was usually across the water at the L1 Colony especially with having cubs to care for. Her and Etihad both had cubs, though none together yet, and they were both so vigilant, yet some of their cubs had been taken. It was a horrible situation, especially for Yofiel. She had just come here not that long ago because of Etihad, found out her family that she barely remembered came from here and found herself as the last of a noble house they thought lost. Everything had spoken of her finally finding her place in the world and her cubs that she had come here pregnant with would have a place as well since they would be part of her 'house' now too.

But then the war broken out and everything changed so much. The lioness sighed and kept walking onward. She had done most of the business she came here for, but she wanted to take a bit of time to speak with other nobles here on the mainland before she left for L1 Colony again. She spotted another noble, it could be nothing else by the stance, and overheard the spoken comment. "Because it is life, dear. Life is hard. We have to do our best to make it easy."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:17 pm
The young lioness quickly opened her eyes and turned her attention to the purple and brown lioness who clearly was of nobility. Though, she didn't look as familiar as she should have. Hmm. What was the meaning behind that? Breathing a sigh of relief Coeur finally smiled. "Hello." She said, before really registering the lionesses words. So she had caught the meaning of what she meant? "You're right." Was all she could say. Which wasn't a lie. Even in her slightly frustrated state she could clearly and openly admit that life was sometimes harder then it needed to be. But on the same paw, there had to be a break somewhere soon right?

Nodding her head a little Coeur decided to open her mouth. "However, I also believe that life also gives us moments where the tides are changing. And that, that is our time to try and waver the coarse we are on." She said, not sure if her meaning and explanation was clear enough. "I'm waiting for that moment." Coeur admitted. Though, there was a great deal more detail left to that. She needed to figure out how to get to the point where she could be strong enough to help turn the tides. And that seemed to prove most difficult as she was not a fighter. Sure there were probably other ways she could fight without having to actually use paw to paw combat, but she hadn't found it yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 am
Yofiel gave a friendly smile and a chuckle. "Listen to me trying to make things sound better. It is not just you having problems. This whole situation is bad for everyone. You are wise to know that there are certain times that are better than others for acting. I am waiting for that moment as well." She nodded to the other lioness. This whole war thing was getting out of hand. Taking cubs from parents was just wrong, yet it was happening. Parents like Yofiel and Etihad couldn't even go get their cubs back as it was too dangerous to leave their other cubs alone to find the ones taken.

The gold and purple lioness hoped that there would be a turning point soon that could change things. She would hate for her cubs to be gone long enough to forget her. Whether they were Etihad's blood or hers, they were all her cubs. "I am waiting for a good time to find my missing cubs. All this war and confusion is not easy on a mother. It is even harder when they purposefully steal cubs from parents."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am
"I'm sorry." She blurted out at Yofiel's confession of her her cubs had been taken from her. In her book that was unacceptable. There were other ways to get your way in war. You shouldn't take other's cubs from them just to reach your goal. Her paws clenched the ground a bit. Coeur was young and still had much to learn in the ways of the world but there were things she wouldn't stand by idly. "I promise you'll get your cubs back soon." She said with her ears pinned back and a look of determination in her eyes. No matter what she had faith in those protecting them. And she was certain that everything would eventually return to normal. She hated the idea that things wouldn't be.

Coeur sighed. "How long have they been gone?" Coeur asked curiously. And then she paused. "How old and how many are there?" She further asked, hoping to get some kind of information. If anyone saw one roaming near their captors then they could take them. But only if they knew without a shadow of a doubt who the cubs had originally belonged to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:12 pm
Yofiel sighed at the question and did a quick tally. "Two from my litter one male and one female... they are easy to spot for their purple eyes, white and purple coloring with a rose marking on their hind quarters, and the boy has some gold fur on him... and one from my mate Etihad's litter. She is brown and tan with bright blue eyes and a grey blue fur tuft on her head and tail. The tail as a little white tip... I miss them all so dearly. My cubs are not too small anymore, they would have grown a bit..." It made her all the more irritated that her cubs were so young and were taken.

"I hope we can get them back soon. I hope this whole war can be settled soon. I know it is not going to be easy to settle, but something needs to be done. I have heard that it is not just the rebels taking cubs but our side as well. It bothers me." The lioness shook her head and really wished she could end the war with a few words of how idiotic everyone was being. She knew it would not work, but it was a nice thought. This young lioness made Yofiel smile. She herself was not that much older than the other, and it reminded her just how much she did have in common with some of the nobles.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm
Coeur made a mental note to keep an eye out for cubs that matched the description she had been given. Even if there was nothing she could do maybe someone else could if she told them about the cubs. "I'll make sure to keep a look out for them myself. As well as spread the word that they are missing." Coeur said with a firm nod and look in her eyes that would hopefully tell the fellow duchess that she meant what she said.

And then the lioness mentioned how both sides were taking cubs. She was baffled at the thought but quickly realized that it was probably a "you steal my cub, I steal your cub" kind of thing. Or maybe it was something as simple as new recruits for the other side. Obviously it would be hard for mothers and fathers to harm their children. Coeur hoped that Yofiel would get her cubs back soon. And she hoped that even if she didn't that never happened. "You and Etihad, had litter's outside of each other?" She asked with a confused look. Coeur was certainly not one to gossip or really delve into the lives of others, however, the idea of having cubs with someone outside of your mate just seemed unreal to her, even though unknowingly to her, her siblings and the rest of the pride she was in fact the product of a one time thing. Coeur however, had been raised thinking that Jokull was her father and apart from Jokull and Gaelle, no one was the wiser to the real truth.

"Not that it matters." Coeur smiled a bit to reassure the lioness that it didn't really matter to her what the lioness did in her own time. "I've just never heard of such a thing. At least among the lionesses of the pride." She clarified. She knew of several males that had flings with outside females and brought their cubs back to the pride to be raised. However, she had never heard of a female doing the same. It was a curious thought that she would also note for later mental debating. "Does anyone know?" Coeur asked. The real question she had wanted to ask was whether or not this lioness had been the talk of the pride when she had returned. Or rather, what obstacles she had, had to face upon returning. Apart from having her cubs taken from her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:41 pm
Yofiel grinned and chuckled at the question about her litter. "I came to the pride pregnant. Etihad is a priest and we are mates now. He brought back cubs from a fling he had and I was all the happier for more cubs. I may have come here and found I am the last of a noble house, but it does not change the fact that I was raised in the roguelands and that things were different there." Most mated pairs still did not go flinging about, but as Yofiel saw it, the more cubs Etihad brought back the more children she got to have. She was not singular in such a belief even if it was not popular in the roguelands.

"The majority of the pride that knows of me knows of my cubs not being Etihads, but they talk more over the fact that I found out I was noble and still mated a priest than the cubs I carried before I came here. I am Yofiel of House Azrael. If anything, I think the fact that I have cubs with so much purple to carry on my House sets some minds at ease. Let the others think what they will, but the more cubs Etihad produces elsewhere and brings back to me, the more children we have to raise together. It is not the other females that Etihad goes home to and spends his life with."

Yofiel looked a bit smug at that last. It was true, Etihad rarely left the pride and when he did, he would always come back to her. "I live on L1 Colony, I mated a priest, and I love all my cubs even the ones not my blood. I give the pride a lot to talk about. Besides, it is one litter that he brought back, with as busy as he is as a priest he may not get time to produce anymore." Yofiel got close to the other lioness. "Let me tell you a little secret." She dropped her voice. "Nobles worry too much about the business of others, this is why many of them are not as happy as they could be with their lives. Learn to relax and live your life as you wish within reason, and you'll be a lot happier for it."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:22 pm
The young lioness smiled. "I'm glad to hear that they didn't give you to much trouble of over it. Though, I won't disagree that mating with a priest is a bit odd." She smiled, giving the lioness indication that it wasn't a bad thing in her opinion, just a bit out of her mental grasping. She was still trying to figure out who she was and what she wanted. Then again she only recently became an adult. There was still much she had to learn about the adult world.

"I'm sure it does. If it makes you feel any better I have never once heard your name whispered here." She smiled once again trying to ease the lioness a bit, even though she didn't seemed to be bothered in the least that other's may talk about her, or rather, do. "How old are you're cubs now?" Coeur asked with a happy wiggle of her tail. She hoped that it wouldn't stirr up the previous conversation of her lost cubs but she wasn't sure what she could talk to this lioness about. She lived on L1 and Coeur on the other hand did not. She also had no mate or cubs to speak of. In fact, she was rather untied to everything in general.

"Do you plan to have some with your mate?" Coeur asked, picking up on the fact that she referred to Etihad bringing back cubs from flings but not once did she mention having cubs with him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 am
Yofiel's eyes lit up as she talked to the other noble lioness. It was nice to have someone to talk to outside her den. A friend as it were was always a welcome thing. Since the war had started, friends to talk to had been hard to come by for her. The priests and others in L1 Colony were not too bad when they were not distracted, but the war was a very big distraction for everyone. "Etihad is a good male. I joined the pride for him, so it is not odd to me. I do find it odd that my family apparently left here and I come here for love only to find a bloodright waiting for me. It is strange to a lioness that has had so little to find so much all at once."

"Perhaps you should ask someone, I'm sure the stories are good. They always grow more with each telling." Yofiel smiled back. It did not bother her about the gossiping, but she knew it could be amusing to listen to how outlandish the stories got. "My cubs are juveniles. They are old enough that I should be taking them out of the den and showing them around their home, but with the war, that is not safe for them." The lioness raised an eyebrow at the other female. "Of course, the opportunity just has not arrived yet. Hopefully by the time he and I have a litter, this mess will be over and my other cubs will be home."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 am
Coeur nodded. "You are right." She blushed a bit at her last comment. It had been a stupid question to ask but hey, she was still learning what to say and what not to say. "Wow, they are not to much younger than me." She blinked her pink eyes in a bit of surprise. Not that they were particularly close to her age either but there wasn't an extreme gap between them. "Well, if you ever want to take them out I would be willing to come along to make sure that they are well protected." Coeur smiled once again. She really didn't have anything to do and she wanted to help the lioness in anyway she could. Even if it was just being an extra pair of eyes.

"So Etihad brought you back to your homeland." She nodded once more. "That's an ironic twist." Coeur laughed a little. Then she frowned a bit. "I'm sorry you were greeted with all of this. And yes, the blood duty all of us have can be a bit overwhelming at times." Once more the smile returned as she gave her a confident wink. "But sometimes it doesn't hurt to pretend that you're just an ordinary citizen and not of noble blood."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 am
Yofiel chuckled and gave a wicked grin with a twinkle in her eyes. "Noble blood, what's that?" She had to make light of it. It was just her way. "If you really wish a change of pace, you could take a vacation to the roguelands. There is no noble and citizen there. It is simply survival of the clever and strong. I did very well out there." She had to or she would never have been able to survive. "Pride life is cushy in comparison."

She gave the younger lioness a half hug by putting a paw up over her shoulders. "You are a sweet girl. It would be nice to have some help taking them out of the den, and also having a friend in the pride. There are so many things one does not realize they will miss until it is not there. What few friends i had are outside in the roguelands with no plans to leave." Yofiel really could use a friend, and she figured that maybe one day she could show her friend what her old home was like. That would be a fun adventure.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces