Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]
[PRP] Time to Make Some Friends (Bedeinka & Ijara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 pm
User Image
Bedeinka wandered the tunnels. She was on a personal mission today. All she wanted to do was talk to the council member named Ijara. She had yet to meet the young leopard and wished to speak with him. There was a chance, she thought, that she could stir something in him. If she tried hard enough maybe she could get him to resign and leave. Better off maybe she could befriend him? She had no friends on the council she knew that. It wasn't that big of a surprise to her. The more she set her plans in action the more enemies she would make.

She thought of her poor nephew, the king of the pride. How stressed he was. He needed a strong second in command. She wondered if Ijara could be that. Nahasi was still young and moldable. If she could get her ideas in his head there was a chance for change in the pride. Ijara could be her way to the king. She didn't want to raise to much suspicion on the council, by spending too much time with Nahasi.

She wondered to the tunnel leading to Ijara's den. Before coming here she had asked a guard where his den was. He didn't take mind to her question. Guards always let her wander where she wanted. Being the kings aunt had its privileges. "Lord Ijara are you here?" She called out softly. She waited a decent distance from the den's opening. It was her last wish to intrude. "I would like to speak to you about my nephew, our King Nahasi. I will only take a few moments of your time."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 am
Ijara was actually in his den for once. He was usually at a council meeting, wandering the tunnels, or down with the diggers and even that was rare. He liked to keep busy, but even he needed some downtime eventually.
He had been settled down for a bit when he heard a voice calling him from the tunnel. Getting up and stretching out, he headed to the entrance.
He was a bit surprised to see Bedeinka waiting down the tunnel. He had seen her quite often while he lived in the Mother's Den. But she had always only interacted with a few of the cubs, him not being one of them. Ijara was admittedly a bit curious as to why she would seek him out.

"Lady Bedeinka, what can I do for you?"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 pm
She gave him a gentle motherly smile. It took her a moment to remember him. Being a leopard meant that she could careless about him when he was a cub. How could she had known he was going to become one of the council members. Her brother was so foolish when he made Ijara a council member, Bedeinka thought to herself. He was so young, so naive. How could anyone take him seriously.

"Lord Ijara, I've been worried about my nephew, King Nahasi and to be honest I am a little worried about you to." She approached him and made sure to keep eye contact. "You both are so young. Nahasi had barely anytime to grow up. My brother, bless his heart, didn't realize the stress he was adding to you two when he made you a councilman and made Nahasi King."

She at down and waited for a reaction. Anything would do. Than she took a breath. "Being once a mother, and hopefully being a mother again" She looked down at her stomach and let out a sigh. "I can't help but worry about you two. I hope my feelings are intruding on you."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:14 pm
As Ijara listened he couldn't help feeling a bit confused. Worrying about Nahasi he could see, to his understanding families worked like that. But him? Someone who she barely knew? That made little sense judging from what he knew of her. If he let the brief confusion slip past his usually passive exterior, he did not know.

"I am afraid that I cannot provide much insight into the King's state of mind. He does not speak to me outside of the council meetings. Though I think you have little to worry about. Even with how young he is, I believe Nahasi has the makings of a great king. He had already made sound choices and if he ever needs help that is what the council is for. We all wish to see him be the best he can be." He looked her straight in the eye. "As for me, please, have no concern. I am handing my position quite well and am honored that King Aina gave me this opportunity."

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am
She smiled at Ijara. He was going to be hard to control. There were others who would do what she asked with out a second thought. Ijara was obviously different. She liked a challenge though. As he spoke she listened. She wanted to try to be a good friend to him, even if it was her being fake. As he talked she realized the young leopard was rather straightforward, something neither her brother nor her nephew was. Ijara seemed to be a good foil for Nahasi. She wondered how Nahasi handled Ijara. Next time she saw him she would be sure to ask.

"It is an aunts job to worry." She said softly and nodded her head. "When Aina was your age he was just announced heir. Since he was little he had always wanted to rule. Of course his opinions were vastly different than that of my father's. Even than I was worried about Aina. I cared about him more than anyone. I wanted to see him become a great king. Of course he had to leave before becoming a great king. All him ambition taken away the moment he fell in love. Such a shame. Love can take away so much sometimes."

She let out a sigh. "I am sorry for boring you with an old ladies tale. I am just worried that King Nahasi will follow the same path his father took. I don't like comparing him to his father, but they do have their similarities. I just don't want our king to follow his father's foot steps." She said. Her eyes stared back at Ijara. "But you'll be around to watch for that. As you said if he needs help you will be there for him. However I would like to help anyway I can. I have done some things that I am not proud of in the past and I would like to make up for them."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am
He'd trust that this 'Aunt's job to worry' was another familial bond normality that he knew naught about. Though King Aina other hand, he knew quite a bit about.

"I will admit that it came as quite the surprise when King Aina announced his leaving. Though I do remember that he had started to spend more time with his mate before his departure. I had nary the chance to serve under him on the Council after he appointed me. I do remember his rule from when I was growing up. He was fair to the Diggers, as well as the other branches of the Brotherhood. I am sure that your dream of his rule would have happened. Though was has passed has passed. Aina made his choice, and I will trust that it was the right one."

Ijara listened to Bedinka talk about her family's similarities with slight detachment. Matters of love were something he did not understand so had no business trying to mitigate or control. Though she brought the conversation back herself.

"Yes, The Council will be there in case King Nahasi is in need. But, permit me to ask a question." He matched her stare equally "You came to me in concern for your nephew. What do you expect of me? What do you wish me to do?"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:30 pm
“Rulership is always a burden and King Nahasi needs all the guiding he can get. You would be surprise how quickly Nahasi will be forced to grow up. He knows the council will always be there and have his best interest in mind. However I feel like what he needs is someone his own age to support him. Being a new king can be isolating. When Aina first started his rule he would sometimes keep himself shut up in his den for days until he was needed. For the first few months, I honestly was worried about how he would overcome his anxieties. King Nahasi might not show it, but I am sure that inside he is a nervous wreck.” Bedeinka explained.

“Aina learned how to rely on others to help him with the early stages of his ruler ship, but before that he was too proud to ask for help. I fear Nahasi will be the same. I believe that he would be more welcoming to you because of your similarities.” Well as similar as a lion and leopard could be that is, she thought. “You were both given a position of power when you were young and you were close to Aina.”

She took a deep breath in. It was a lot to talk about. “I guess what I am asking you, is to stay close to him and just watch to be sure that he is taking care of himself. I want Nahasi to be the best king that he could possibly be.”  
[IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games