Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Gaia Magazine

Back to Guilds

It's Personal 

Tags: Gaia, Online, Magazine, Prizes, gold 

Reply The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )
Nobody is giving me answers... I need answers...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm
I am getting no help from friends and forums about profiles...
SO i have no choice but to piss you guys off with questions for help..

1- how does one make a small link for comments, journal etc in gaia profiles..
2- How should I make my panels small because I do not like having a long section in the way.
3- How to I put my panels in different places.

I am following a V2current style guide since its simple for me and short... But I still do not understand how to use them.

Would be nice to get answers so please....
Im trying to make a nice profile, but getting no answers on something I have no idea how to do sucks... especially when no one helps me in these things.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 pm
Cher Belle

I hope this tutorial helps: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/profile-discussion/guide-learn-how-to-code-v2-current-profiles/t.42151201/

If you still have questions, I could try and help you. ^^  

slothiiiey

Friendly Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm
slothiiiey
Cher Belle

I hope this tutorial helps: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/profile-discussion/guide-learn-how-to-code-v2-current-profiles/t.42151201/

Thank you! But its actually the guide I have been using.
Though I still have questions about it such as the panels!
Like this one! {position: relative; left: ##px; top: ##px;}
I do know selector is for panel, but how do I move one panel in the middle and the others right underneath it? I tried it but instead it all gets clashed in..
Plus like having a profile where there is one panel that is big that shows the avi ( i think thats detail panel) and the rest of the other panels small but not too small. Also I did try to make them small but for some reason they came out nearly flat. I tried changing the size but it stayed the same no matter what number.. It so small, people cannot see the scroll I added.

Also it doesnt show me how one makes links small. Like getting a URL image and making it small... umm something like this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/cher-belle/26391097/?mode=addcomment
like making a link to a comment section but smaller. I have seen links that people made by themselves and I was wondering how you make one..
It might be a bit different on my cpu...

Sorry but im like a pain in the tush when it comes to asking questions like this... I am not smart on stuff like this on computers so its rough...>.<;
I'm actually trying to make a profile on my other account Emerald Coast and on here. Finding pictures that are big enough to fill the whole background profile is quite hard enough lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:37 pm
Cher Belle
slothiiiey
Cher Belle

Thank you! But its actually the guide I have been using.
Though I still have questions about it such as the panels!
Like this one! {position: relative; left: ##px; top: ##px;}
I do know selector is for panel, but how do I move one panel in the middle and the others right underneath it? I tried it but instead it all gets clashed in..
Plus like having a profile where there is one panel that is big that shows the avi ( i think thats detail panel) and the rest of the other panels small but not too small. Also I did try to make them small but for some reason they came out nearly flat. I tried changing the size but it stayed the same no matter what number.. It so small, people cannot see the scroll I added.

Also it doesnt show me how one makes links small. Like getting a URL image and making it small... umm something like this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/cher-belle/26391097/?mode=addcomment
like making a link to a comment section but smaller. I have seen links that people made by themselves and I was wondering how you make one..
It might be a bit different on my cpu...

Sorry but im like a pain in the tush when it comes to asking questions like this... I am not smart on stuff like this on computers so its rough...>.<;
I'm actually trying to make a profile on my other account Emerald Coast and on here. Finding pictures that are big enough to fill the whole background profile is quite hard enough lol

V2 panels are extremely tricky, so don't worry about it! Everyone starts somewhere with coding.

Its been a while since I've coded CSS, so I'll try my best.
The way v2 profiles work is actually a little different than v1. In v1 you move the panels separately and move them around. In v2, you separate panels(aka the square that the selectors reside in) in a row (also called a column), and move the row around.

So instead of having the normal about, comments, wishlist as the selectors, you are going to have to use these 4 selectors:

#columns
#column_1
column_2
column_3

#columns is like the total size of the screen. I usually start off with these inside - width: 1500px; top: 25px; left: 10px; position: absolute;

for the columns_1...4:

#column_1 {
margin-top: 0px; //similar to position: absolute height.
margin-left:11px; //similar to position: absolute left.
width: 240px; //width of all the panels in the row
color: #c50000; background: transparent; //changes the color in between each individual panel to be invisible. To change the color in between the panels, erase this whole line and change it to background-color: #HEX CODE;
}

and just change the margin top px to move each column around. If you want a specific panel, such as your about me to be in the center, for example, go to edit your profile on the main profile page and move the about me to be in the second column, and delete the others with in that column.
Unfortunately, this is going to change all of the panels in that one row to be the same, but you can change the 3 rows to be different from each other...

ps: I'm sure there are other codes, but this is the one that I use so....yeah. xD

Links:
a {font-size: 9px; color: #HEXCODE; text-transform: uppercase; text-decoration: underline; font-weight: normal;}

a:hover {font-size: 10px; color: #HEXCODE; text-transform: uppercase; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 1px solid #HEXCODE; font-weight: normal;}

note that this changes all the links in the whole profile, not just the comments like you wanted.

To change the height:just use normal selectors for specific panels and have the height equal the size you want.
If you want to size down your details section, just go to your profile preferences and uncheck the things you dont need.

As for finding pictures to fill up the screen, I would not suggest that. People may have a larger computer screen than you (like me) so the image just kind of cuts off. I would suggest having a small picture as the main focus and having it blend in. Also stick with repeatable backgrounds.

Hope this helps~  

slothiiiey

Friendly Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Harmonical Melodies
Vice Captain

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:59 am
Moving topic MG Cafe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 am
The_Mistress_Of_Music
Moving topic MG Cafe.

Thank you  

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games