Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Scars of Oblivion

Back to Guilds

A guild for literate roleplayers that love Oblivion. 

Tags: oblivion, roleplay, literate, elder, scrolls 

Reply QUESTS
Smuggler's Sanctum [OQ] OOC Thread - ONGOING Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaydine
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 am
Nerevar Telvanni

I'm going to wait until Sith post's this time around, give him a chance to respond with his Bosmer bandit NPC, and then I'll post a reply.

Yeah he said something about having a crazy week but I hope/think he'll be able to get a post up soon.

Sithorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:48 pm
Got time now
and a lot to write. cat_smile

Sithorn

Explorer

thepoisonedmuffin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm
Sithorn
Got time now
and a lot to write. cat_smile

<3!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:39 am
cat_cool Posted cat_cool

Sithorn

Explorer

Sithorn

Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 am
Aye guys, I've got an idea. Concerns both of yah.

thepoisonedmuffin

Nerevar Telvanni

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 pm
Sithorn

thepoisonedmuffin

Nerevar Telvanni

Whattup.

But in all seriousness what is this idea of yours, sir.  

thepoisonedmuffin
Vice Captain

Sithorn

Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:37 pm
thepoisonedmuffin
Sithorn

thepoisonedmuffin

Nerevar Telvanni

Whattup.

Seems to me this roleplay is about to get good. Claws are up, hackles are raised.

'Bout to be a fight.

It has occurred to me, however, that fights in roleplays tend to be ham-handed. Either too long without the proper tempo, or one liners- making swaying quote towers up the freakin' sky. There's too much analogy, too much filler, not enough pure unfettered violence with the proper mode of representation.
I propose this solution:

We collaborate on a single post, using actions and decisions derived from smaller written passages arrived at by some medium. Pm, shared chat, or otherwise. The events would be panned out here. (I mean, the ultimate result would be as the narrative dictates. We all know who is at the disadvantage here, and we also know how stupid it would be if this was where the quest up and ended before it has barely even begun), but there's a challenge to the idea. Not a contest, more like a choreography of events.

Then one of us posts said single post, making proper allusions to grammar, style, and context.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 pm
Sithorn
thepoisonedmuffin
Sithorn

thepoisonedmuffin

Nerevar Telvanni

Whattup.

Seems to me this roleplay is about to get good. Claws are up, hackles are raised.

'Bout to be a fight.

It has occurred to me, however, that fights in roleplays tend to be ham-handed. Either too long without the proper tempo, or one liners- making swaying quote towers up the freakin' sky. There's too much analogy, too much filler, not enough pure unfettered violence with the proper mode of representation.
I propose this solution:

We collaborate on a single post, using actions and decisions derived from smaller written passages arrived at by some medium. Pm, shared chat, or otherwise. The events would be panned out here. (I mean, the ultimate result would be as the narrative dictates. We all know who is at the disadvantage here, and we also know how stupid it would be if this was where the quest up and ended before it has barely even begun), but there's a challenge to the idea. Not a contest, more like a choreography of events.

Then one of us posts said single post, making proper allusions to grammar, style, and context.

I'd be down for that.

I'm also at work so sorry for the short replies.  

thepoisonedmuffin
Vice Captain

thepoisonedmuffin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:14 pm
Okay for my response since l have a few minutes.

My main concern is the portrayal of characters. I'm sure we can work around that easily enough though. Also the time it would to orchestrate this and how far this post we would work on would go on to. Like till the end or just a few fights into the future. And if you want my cell number to make it go faster just send me a pm and l'll give you it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 pm
Sithorn

I'm down for something like that. We just have to figure out the best way to actually collaborate and get a whole post together. What we really need to do is figure out who's on what time zone, when your at home/work, things like that.

In the end I think IM (such WLM) might be the best option that way we can all be in the same place and the same time.

Nerevar Telvanni

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

thepoisonedmuffin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:16 pm
Nerevar Telvanni
Sithorn

I'm down for something like that. We just have to figure out the best way to actually collaborate and get a whole post together. What we really need to do is figure out who's on what time zone, when your at home/work, things like that.

In the end I think IM (such WLM) might be the best option that way we can all be in the same place and the same time.

I live in PDT (california) and l have tomorrow, thursday and friday off this week. But l have plans for thursday after 6PM local time and it should last four to five hours. I get off work at 5:30 saturday but l have to go to my sister's birthday party that evening.

No idea what WLM is but l'll make one if we choose to use that instead. I have skype, yahoo, msn, xfire and AIM (if l remember the password). I've had to make almost one of everything for people so l've got a lot.
Yahoo: thepoisonedmuffin@yahoo.com
Msn: i actually forgot it but l'll recover my information
Xfire: kovahawkfire
AIM: kovahawkfire

You can what l use a lot. People call me Kova in person. It's what l've gone by ever since eigth grade.

EDIT: Once l got home l learned what WLM was. It's just the new name for MSN. Derp.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Okay I'm CST, so that puts me two hours ahead of you muffin.

I pretty much open most nights after 6pm, though I tend to be away from my laptop more on the weekends.

lol I should have called it both, but I figured that since Windows Live was a standard thing on all new Window's computers I didn't think I needed to spell it out.

What I love about WLM is I can talk to basically anyone from other IM services.

I'm pretty sure my WLM is kevinoneton@gmail.com. I have my stuff set to auto log in so unless something happens I never see the log in screen.

Nerevar Telvanni

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

thepoisonedmuffin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:36 pm
Nerevar Telvanni

Okay I'm CST, so that puts me two hours ahead of you muffin.

I pretty much open most nights after 6pm, though I tend to be away from my laptop more on the weekends.

lol I should have called it both, but I figured that since Windows Live was a standard thing on all new Window's computers I didn't think I needed to spell it out.

What I love about WLM is I can talk to basically anyone from other IM services.

I'm pretty sure my WLM is kevinoneton@gmail.com. I have my stuff set to auto log in so unless something happens I never see the log in screen.

I don't have a standard pc because l'm cool like that.
But l'm usually free almost everyday after 10pm (midnight your timezone).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:08 pm
I'm EST.

My Aim is finalthoughts1, I've got it on my phone. That should help a good tick, if that's good with both of you.

Email: tuc21784@temple.edu

I'd have been available to start thinking this s**t through tonight, but I had an ordeal. I'd like a bit a shut-eye.

Don't be worried about character portrayal, we'll work all that out.

Sithorn

Explorer

Nerevar Telvanni

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:27 pm
Sithorn
I'm EST.

My Aim is finalthoughts1, I've got it on my phone. That should help a good tick, if that's good with both of you.

Email: tuc21784@temple.edu

I'd have been available to start thinking this s**t through tonight, but I had an ordeal. I'd like a bit a shut-eye.

Don't be worried about character portrayal, we'll work all that out.

What's the email address that's connected to your AIM? To add new friends with WLM I need the email address. Looks like me and you wont have too much of a time issue, just the figuring out when we are both going to be on.

QUESTS

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff