Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
The navi. 3 lions up for grabs. PLOT BASED closed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 pm
-fist pumping-  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 am
-glomps split- Bump  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm
heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:39 pm
For the Starry Boy

Name: Alo’aranck (Origin: Combination of two Native American names. Alo is Hopi, Aranck is Algonquian. Meaning: Alo: looks up. Aranck: Stars (in reference to his coat pattern )
Nickname: Aran (short for Aranck) or Nikan (Potawatomi for “my friend” )
Screen Name: RoseNightshade
Personality: Kind-hearted, too much so to be a warrior. He respects all warriors strength, and is no weakling (physically) himself, but he would rather be making their tools and such (like the hammocks,one of his favorite jobs), as he finds pride and strength in being what he describes as the "roots of the mother tree, rather than the branches and leaves that brave the wind." He's just a touch cowardly, and doesn't really like conflict, though he will not shy away from it. He's most brave when he has to defend someone else. And even if it would get him into trouble, he will always stand up for what he feels is right, and against what he feels is unjust. He would never be the one to initiate a fight.
Any other information:
He loves to sing~ :3 He's got no desire to become the Lead Crafter only because he would rather spend his time making things rather than gathering the supplies to make them. Though he does like to carry around with him a few special trinkets around his neck as sort of a silly looking necklace, things that he is saving for just the right occasion to decorate with, or for the right brother or sister. He highly respects the Lead Crafter for their efforts, but doesn't want the rank himself.  

RoseNightshade

Rainbow Nerd

The Navi Pride

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:58 pm
cat_mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 am
Just a note, the rank of acolyte isn't something bad. It's usually considered on honor for those with the rank. The only reason that they have that rank, is that there is a color that will stand out amongst the bioluminescent lands they live in. ^.^  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 am
Split Personality
Just a note, the rank of acolyte isn't something bad. It's usually considered on honor for those with the rank. The only reason that they have that rank, is that there is a color that will stand out amongst the bioluminescent lands they live in. ^.^

smile I know. I read about it. I think working for the preistess directly like that and so close to the mother would be an honorable rank of the sorts. In a sense it can be confusing since others don't accept her because of her coloring, yet she has such a great rank.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 pm
cat_mrgreen  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:37 am
xp It sounds pretty bad in the info, so maybe you coulf clarify it a bit?

Acolytes are those of unantural color to the Navi. They have to prove themselves worthy of Ewya's protection and guidance and also, their worthy of being a member. They serve under the priestess herself and are anointed special tasks. They cannot rise in rank ever. Any cubs born with too much of the unacceptable color will also fall under the rank. They are looked down upon but no neglect/hate/abuse would ever be tolerated.

The fact that they have to "prove themselves worthy" makes it sound like quite a negative rank, as well as the fact that they are looked down upon by other members. I don't see why any lion would feel honored in that role if they're too busy trying to prove themselves in the eyes of Ewya and everyone else.

xd That's just my opinion though. Like I said, if it is a genuinely positive role that isn't actually as bad as it sounds in the above info, I think that does need clarifying.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm
Hmm. I always took them to be the opposite. I will ask Yin about it. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding on someones part... ; / Poop  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Course I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I own an acolyte and he will be treated well by some but not well by others; depending on the situation and personalities of those he interacts with.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm
Just poking in with my thoughts on the acollyte rank.
I think it would be honorable that they have been found worthy in spite of the coloration that could have otherwise excluded them from the pridal circle. There are always going to be some in the community that are more superstitious than others.

It's been nice reading the entries. Good luck everyone! I'll be happy to rp with folks with any of my trio of Na'vi!  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:15 pm
blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 pm
Name: Saqib - Shining Star
Screen Name: DavyJnah
Personality: Saqib has a strong heart and is devoted to Eywa. He is a hard believer and honors the way of the people. He is a go getter, if something must be done then he will do it, he does have reservations about some things however but he'll voice his opinions in a way not to upset the balance. The male very honorable, he is also a romantic.
Any other information:

--------

Name: Sacnite
Meaning: "White flower" in Mayan
How many Navi SOA do you own? 0
Personality Description: Sacnite is determined. She wants to prove that although she has a bit of pink of her body that she is no different than any of the other members of the pride. That she can do what the others can do with what she's given if not better. She views her colors as both a blessing and a curse and wants to turn her luck.  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 am
About a week left for this contest!

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]