Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]
[PRP] Place in the World (Ke'awkato and Sylwanin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:15 pm
Ke'awkato took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she pressed her forehead against the base of a wide tree. It had been particularly hard to design a hammock to fit this tree, the branches were old and brittle, but she couldn't stand to see it so bare. Someone could live there, learn and appreciate its endurance maybe. It wasn't far from the mother tree, she wouldn't mind the position herself but even the best crafter would have trouble arranging a hammock properly in those branches to support the weight of a lioness in her prime. She sighed, she was nowhere near the best crafter. She wasn't really the best anything. The best at being scared of the very things that graced her coat, perhaps. She shifted anxiously, closing her eyes tighter as she tried to figure out what to do. She didn't have any friends, no real purpose in her work, it was frustrating though she knew she should be happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm
User Image Sylwanin had only been home a few days now, but it still made her happy to see how everything was going. There were many old friends still around and so many more new ones to get to know. It was both daunting and exhilarating to think on. There was going to be a very long path ahead of Sylwanin trying to get to know everyone that had been added to the pride, both born in and having come from outside. She wondered if it would have been easier if she had been here when they had arrived. But no, she doubted it would have been any easier.

She likely would have ended up siding with her brother that did not want outside blood in the pride if she had not gotten sense knocked into her from her time in the roguelands. She had wondered a few times since she had come home if the same might work for her brother. One brother was their sensible and wise king, the other was so anti-new blood it worried Sylwanin. As the lioness leaped along the high path near Home Tree she saw another lioness pressing her head to a tree. "Are you trying to move the tree or communicate with it? Either way I think you may not succeed."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dulcea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:23 pm
Ke'awkato started, her breath catching in her throat so quickly she nearly coughed. "I- No I," she stuttered, bowing her head to hide the flush on her cheeks from being caught at something so silly. From peering up out of the corners of her eyes she noted the dark coat and had a feeling she knew who she was speaking to, but didn't want to presume. Instead she kept quiet, scratching a paw at the ground while she still stood there, her head inches from the tree. After a few moments she manged to choke out, "I was just thinking about how to best craft a hammock to suit this old tree. It's weak, but not unusable."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:47 pm
Sylwanin smiled kindly and looked at the tree in question. "You wish to sleep so far away from everyone else?" She had not meant to startle the other lioness, but with as quietly as the Na'vi walked, it was hard to not sneak about. "A weak tree can be hard to make a good hammock on... but I am sure it could be done... though I think you might need some help from the crafters... and perhaps from some of the cubs to have them climb to higher points to tie ropes." The lioness looked thoughtful and contemplated the tree.

"I am no crafter, but I would not see why it could not be done... I would suggest spreading out the support ropes a bit more and using a few more support ropes than normal. I would not call you more than average size, so it should be able to be done." The priestess looked at the other lioness again and nodded. It appeared to Sylwanin that it might be a lot of work, but if it made this lioness happy, then it would be done. Just like Sylwanin's own hammock requiring climbing up between others to get to it. It was what one wished to build.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces