Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Disney lifting its employee beard ban next month Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 am
I just saw on the news that Disney is lifting its ban on employees having beards. Certain employees who work away from the public can also dress down on Fridays.

==========
Disney parks relax staff beard ban
(UKPA) – 11 hours ago
Workers at Disney's theme parks are to be allowed to grow beards and goatees for the first time.

A Disney spokeswoman said the new policy will apply to workers in Florida and California, starting next month.

Disney had prohibited all facial hair on its theme park workers since Disneyland opened in California in the mid-1950s. The company revised its policy in 2000 to allow moustaches, provided they were grown on holiday, not at work.

Starting on February 3, beards and moustaches will be allowed.

Disney periodically reassesses its grooming requirements. The Disney spokeswoman said officials decided now was a good time to revise its facial hair policy.

The policy change also allows workers in areas without visitor contact to have dress-down Fridays.
==========

Source:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h5nI8UKf8pCZcRAckf9ixb6Vp_pA?docId=N0089781327354761557A  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 am
So, does that mean you want to come over and work here now?  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 am
purplekitty
So, does that mean you want to come over and work here now?
It depends on what job openings they had. But, I'd probably be more likely to work there now, yes. However, where I work, I'm guaranteed some nap time. I patiently await the news story about Disney offering its employees nap time. emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 am
lol if only..  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fearmyboxers

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 am
wow..they controlled them being able to have beards? i knew about at one point male workers couldnt have long hair.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 am
Fearmyboxers
i knew about at one point male workers couldnt have long hair.
Is that still a rule there?

*has long hair* stressed  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

Fearmyboxers

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:52 am
i dont know if they still do it o.o i read once that it was around the hippy time, so they could have changed it by now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 pm
Fearmyboxers
i dont know if they still do it o.o i read once that it was around the hippy time, so they could have changed it by now.

I haven't heard that they've changed that. neutral I wish they would. My boyfriend needs a job badly and that's one of several places that's completely out of the question, all because of hair. They have so many ridiculous rules about appearance there though, it's probably not even worth working there. x_x I know I'd personally never work there because of how picky they are about hair and nail colors. One of my friends just got hired there though, and she's real big on dying her hair and painting her nails, so we'll see how long she deals with it and if she finds it to be an enjoyable job, LOL. I've heard many mixed things about working for Disney.  

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Fearmyboxers

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:43 am
yea...the rules seem stupid. more so for the people who work as a mascot and are hardly ever seen without their heads on, so it shouldnt matter what they look like under it. I can imagine a punk looking guy with dyed hair and loads of piercings being under goofy's head o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:24 am
universals guidelines are a lot less stricker.
But I like working for the rat. The benefits are awesome and pay is getting to be good for me aswell.  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

iMutt

Anxious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am
I want to work there so badly.

I'm gonna apply when I go back home...I hope they'll accept me this time...the military gave me job experience...that should help

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 pm
After 12 years, low wages, suffocating dress code rules, working with hateful human trash, and literally a broken back my assessment is it isn't worth it. I want the last 12 years of my life back. xp  

Blufoo

Celestial Elder

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:16 pm
iMutt
I want to work there so badly.

I'm gonna apply when I go back home...I hope they'll accept me this time...the military gave me job experience...that should help
I don't know if you watch The Daily Show, but they had a story last month about how people who were trained in the military come back home and they aren't able to get the jobs they're obviously more qualified for...all because the military didn't offer the particular degree/diploma/whatever that is required for certian jobs they are applying for. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 pm
its sucks being unemployed, I've applied all over the place. Honestly I don't want to work in the restaurant ind. I've gained some experience working the back (stock) so I hope some place calls me. Hell, I've even applied at some places on Craigslist.
EDIT: I have 5 piercings in my ears, 2 in each lobe and 1 in the cart.  

smoothiebuns

iMutt

Anxious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:16 pm
TheRob

Well the military sucks, that's not news to me whee

Nothing I would want to do at Disney should require a degree...but I have my GI Bill, so if I need to educate myself I'm all set.

Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff