Woman Pays $50,000 To Clone Dog
01/10/2012

"Would you clone your pet if money wasn't an object?

We all love our pets more than anything, but how far would you go to memorialize them? A woman devastated by the loss of her little dog "Trouble" traveled to South Korea (...a country not known for their humane treatment of dogs btw) and paid $50,000 to have her beloved dog cloned.

"Danielle" is one dedicated dog-mom, as depicted on a recent epidode of the Anderson Cooper show. She has a giant picture of Trouble's face covering an entire wall, (see Exhibit A) and the same huge photo on a large comforter on her bed. Instead of of grieving and moving on with her life, she went to South Korea and paid $50,000 to have him cloned.

[Want to See More? Watch TLC's "I Cloned My Pet" Jan. 11 at 9PM E/P]

"It is not for everyone," says Danielle about her extreme measures to recreate her pet. "It was something that I wanted to do so it worked for me."

How far is too far?

Cloning a dog does not mean that the dog's unique personality will be replicated - and frankly your pet's personality and quirks are what makes them different in my opinion! The idea of cloning a pet might seem tempting, but the cost seems irresponsible when you think about what $50,000 could do to help shelter pets or other animals in need.

What do you think?"
http://blogs.discovery.com/daily_treat/2012/01/woman-pays-50000-to-clone-dog.html#mkcpgn=fbapl1