Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Gaia Magazine

Back to Guilds

It's Personal 

Tags: Gaia, Online, Magazine, Prizes, gold 

Reply The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )
~_Your Gaia Age_~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What year did you join the Gaia community? (1st account if applicable)
View Results

MariPanda

Shameless Nerd

23,890 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 am
I joined back in 2007, when a friend from MapleStory pointed me to this site. She said "Oh, it is a site with avatars you can dress up and stuff." She had me at "you can dress up"
Dressing up my avatars must be the single thing that keeps me coming back every time. I really enjoy making avatars, I'm not even sure why anymore
And actually, I really do like most of the changes we've had these past years. People may BAWWWWWWWW as much as they want, but these changes for the most part just made the site better. There are exceptions, like those video features that no one really cared about, and the selling your whole outfit thing for the MarketPlace (seriously, what's up with that?), but most of the stuff we got are good. Yes, even Alchemy. Especially Alchemy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 am
i joined gaiaonline in 2004 as tanith_4486 and in 2007 as malaria2007.

uh... and this account was registered in 2010, because i changed my email and forgot the password for the previous two accounts.

There, now, you know. Hee-hee.  

cutereader86

Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lord Giblets rolled 1 100-sided dice: 70 Total: 70 (1-100)

Lord Giblets

Popular Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:24 pm
Why did you join? me and my friends found it and thought it would be cool to spam the forums

How did you hear about Gaia? did not really hear about it just found it randomly

What was/were your favorite thing(s) to do when you joined? role playing and making my avi look cool

What changes since then do you like and which ones don't you like? the fact posting get you more then one gold now: the zomg gold cap not a big fan of that  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:55 pm
Year I joined, 2006.
Why did you join? You know what, I don't know. . o .
How did you hear about Gaia? I think it was from a friend from community college.
What was/were your favorite thing(s) to do when you joined? Rp with my very first friends on Gaia. Use to rp some fantasy type thing. :B
What changes since then do you like and which ones don't you like? I love the fact that zOMG has filled in that void that use to be ocupied by World of Warcraft. xD What I don't like... TOO MANY $%^$%# ITEMS TO BUY!! I WANTS THEM ALL!!!11!

MegumiMonster

Friendly Lunatic

Aryeec

Profitable Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:38 pm
MegumiMonster
Year I joined, 2006.
Why did you join? You know what, I don't know. . o .
How did you hear about Gaia? I think it was from a friend from community college.
What was/were your favorite thing(s) to do when you joined? Rp with my very first friends on Gaia. Use to rp some fantasy type thing. :B
What changes since then do you like and which ones don't you like? I love the fact that zOMG has filled in that void that use to be ocupied by World of Warcraft. xD What I don't like... TOO MANY $%^$%# ITEMS TO BUY!! I WANTS THEM ALL!!!11!

I now thank God for zOMG.... no, seriously. WoW can be a humanity killer.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 pm
When did you join?

2008, January 30th

How did you hear about Gaia?

The very first time I can't remember (><,) but I was first interested in Gaia because of my twin sister, who mentioned to me how cool this site was.

Why did you join?

A mystery! I don't remember joining at all xD What I do remember is my sister telling me about this cool site she had joined called Gaia and when I came here to join I was surprised to find I already had an account! I guess I must have created the account and then never used it, forgot it, until that time. xD

What was/were your favorite thing(s) to do when you joined?

I liked the forums, jigsaw and towns and especially the events. I also started collecting items early, too, and making avatars became really fun. Questing is entertaining, as is getting to know the marketplace and learning to vend. It's like a challenge and I love it.

What changes since then do you like and which ones don't you like?

I think Gaia has overall greatly improved. However, the events used to be more fun and engaging in the past, and now they are mainly used as goldsinks, are not so story-driven, sometimes require a lot of time resulting that not everyone will complete them 100% and get all items.
I love the marketplace, the new items and RIGs are a fun discovery every month, but at the same time I hate the way everything became so inflated because of Gaia Cash. In the past 100k could get you a lot, now it's just pocket change. Dreams seemed more possible back then, when they were actually attainable. To make matters harder, the amount of gold we are rewarded throughout the site does not keep up with the rate of inflation the premium items have caused.
I love how Gaia now updates their manga regularly. I love zOMG!, and the forums are still a lot of fun. Aquariums/Booty Grab was an excellent addition.
I'm sorry that the cinemas ended (at least I cannot find them anymore...?) and that the REIs replaced of the old EIs, which had so many poses back then. Fridays and the day the MC letter opened were days to look forward to, now they are overshadowed by the day the RIG comes out and by the quality and diversity of the RIG's items, and that's kind of sad because it was a staple of old Gaia.

True Manticore

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 pm
Joined in 2008...shortly after two of my friends did...they heard about Gaia at a Comic con.

Why did I join? Hmm...well I like some anime...and I liked reading the comics in worlds.

What do I like most about Gaia? I guess it's because you can be someone you're not...I know...you can do that in any chat space...but GAIA HAS COOL OUTFITS TO DRESS YOU UP TOO! I must have spent close to $200 in G cash over my time so far on items...but this site is worth it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:18 pm
When did you join?

I joined gaia since December 29 2003 <3

Why did you join?
I joined Gaia because i love anime and i wanted to meet new people, which i have and they are all awsome to me <3

How did you hear about Gaia? I heard about Gaia from my friend. He was using it on my computer and I asked him "Whats that?" and he said "its Gaia" and he was explaining it to me what was it about and it started to interest me.

What was/were your favorite thing(s) to do when you joined? I love going to towns because I wanted to meet new people and play the games it has.

What changes since then do you like and which ones don't you like?
I dont care about the changes at all because each change will be better than the old ones.  

Kinki Senpai Ayako

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games