Total Votes : 1

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:57 pm
My Fitness Pal

I just got it and it's awesome. I definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to keep track of their weight/activity level!

For starters, it's free. I think it requires an internet connection (although I'm pretty sure you can input most everything manually if you need to). I'm also pretty sure it's available for other smart phones. And there's also an online version.

You input your weight, height, age, gender, how active you are, your goal weigh, and at what rate you want to gain/lose weight (I think there's also an option for maintaining your weight). It then calculates how many calories you should aim to consume each day. If you're anything like me, that's super helpful. You can also track your workout each day.

At the end of the day (I think you have to manually choose to "end" the day), it tells you what rate you're going (last night it said something like "at this rate you will have lost 5 pounds my February 2"). That's really helpful for me because I need to be told that I need to keep doing what I'm doing or I get bored before I reach my goal.

Also, one of the coolest things it does is it allows you to scan bar codes of the food you eat.

Anyway I just wanted to let you guys know about this if you've never heard of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm
i have this also and I think it'd be great if I had willpower. sad  

belfaroooo

Alexaandraa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:44 pm
i loved this before i got a blackberry! i used it as a food journal and actually lost a bit of weight.

if you have an android, you should be able to find it as well. i haven't looked into the blackberry app, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 pm
KT Queen of Knots
i have this also and I think it'd be great if I had willpower. sad

Eating healthy isn't too hard for me, I love vegetables and fruits and I don't eat meat very often. I just need something to keep track of my calories so that I don't eat crap at every meal and wonder why I don't lose weight.
I ******** hate working out though. The actual act isn't so bad, but I always dread going to the gym. But since I've told the app that I have to work out six days a week, I feel more like I have to.

@Blalex- according to their website, they have a Blackberry app!

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

belfaroooo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:49 pm
I can tell an electronic diary anything I want and since it doesn't yell at me I don't have to keep my promises. sad

this is why I'm fat. I PROMISE I'LL START USING ITTTTT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm
DO IT WE CAN BE TWINSIES

WE CAN BE TWO KATIES, LOSING WEIGHT TOGETHER...ONLINE

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

belfaroooo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:41 pm
Undecidability
DO IT WE CAN BE TWINSIES

WE CAN BE TWO KATIES, LOSING WEIGHT TOGETHER...ONLINE

OKAY LET'S DO THIS

Current weight: 170
Target weight: 140

GOGOGOGOGO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:48 pm
Current (well as of sometime last week)- 175
Goal- 150

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Beset

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 am
I use the food journal on there.

It's available on droid, blackberry, and iOS.

OH! And online.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 am
today I didn't eat all day until 2PM so I ate a chili cheese dog and one of those cheesy buffalo roller grill things at work.

HOWEVER

I did 3 hours of VIGOROUS CLEANING which apparently burned 661 calories so now I'm back up to 1491 and I should eat more food.

then again dinner's soon and my gram makes so much fkn food.

belfaroooo

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:58 pm
I don't think I'll be able to work out on Tuesdays. ;_; And there was free Jimmy John's. But I should still be able to come in under my calorie limit for the day, provided I just have veggies when I go to dinner with my mom later. but also I did do a good amount of walking today because my classes are all over creation and I had to pick up a calendar from across campus.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 pm
Undecidability
I don't think I'll be able to work out on Tuesdays. ;_; And there was free Jimmy John's. But I should still be able to come in under my calorie limit for the day, provided I just have veggies when I go to dinner with my mom later. but also I did do a good amount of walking today because my classes are all over creation and I had to pick up a calendar from across campus.

i just demolished half a box of milk duds and still came in under my calories xDDD

i NEED more fruits and veggies though. maybe i'll eat trail mix at work instead of chips. working at a convenience store is really hard when it comes to eating healthy.

belfaroooo

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm
Technically I came in 250 calories over for the day but like 80% of it was fruits and vegetables so I'm mostly okay with that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm
So I weighed myself at boyfriend's house today and it said I weigh 180. neutral So according to that, I've gained five pounds in a week?
I don't believe it, though. I've been working out almost every day and I've been eating around 1500-1600 calories every day. So either my scale at home is wrong or his scale is wrong. Either way, I've decided to get a scale for my dorm so that I can keep on weighing myself on the same one.

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Phsycosomatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 pm
It could be water weight, or muscle that's building up from working out.
Just sayin

Ladies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces