Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hyrule of Gaia (We've moved)

Back to Guilds

We moved back to the original guild. 

Tags: Zelda, Hyrule, Link, Ganondorf, Triforce 

Reply Hyrule Field "Main Discussion"
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - What's Your Opinion?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

All For One...
  ... And One For All
View Results

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 pm
After a great many agonizing months( please note that was sarcasm) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the Nintendo Wii had finally been released. So this thread is basically to those who have or haven't played the newest Zelda game is about the personal opinion about the game basically.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 pm
A little late, but still, opinion happy here.

The gameplay was great. The story was fun. The characters were fun.
But one thing was a little iffy...
It lacked the Zelda feel. It didn't have villages on earth where you collect heartpieces. It was a lot like the ds games (which were good, just not my kind of Zelda).
I loves the older games, before wind waker, because they had the mass dog adventure and was serious, but had a bunch of wrf moments. The more chiby games like phantom hourglass or spirit tracks are targeted to children. They be fun, but a wee bit... Abnormal? I don't know.
My favorite games are crazy, but the npc players are always acting like it is normal.
I don't know how to describe it.
But altogether, I give skyward sword a 8. It was beautiful, but was missing... Something.  

RedSidecar

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Personally I don't think that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword didn't live up to the expectations that a lot of players thought it would be though the music, the bits of humor, and the colors were nice... it seemed like a lot of the elements found in a Legend of Zelda game seemed to be missing. I particularly found Fi to be quite annoying in contrast to Scrapper whom I found to be a better partner.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 am
I loved the new combat style, and the item-making was awesome. They did a very nice job on using the WiiMotion Plus as much as possible.

Is it missing something like everyone says? Yes. Simply because, in Nintendo's own words, this game was more of a test of a new way of doing Zelda. The point wasn't to create the next Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, it was to create a new game with a fresh feel to test out ideas for the next Zelda (probably on the WiiU). At least, that's my understanding.  

Tempest Soul 343

Conservative Mage

7,550 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:43 pm
Tempest Soul 343
I loved the new combat style, and the item-making was awesome. They did a very nice job on using the WiiMotion Plus as much as possible.

Is it missing something like everyone says? Yes. Simply because, in Nintendo's own words, this game was more of a test of a new way of doing Zelda. The point wasn't to create the next Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, it was to create a new game with a fresh feel to test out ideas for the next Zelda (probably on the WiiU). At least, that's my understanding.
If it was a test than that would explain the reason why there was zero exploration and no real side quests.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:43 pm
I think they did a good job, its very different from past zelda games. I do prefer the older games mostly cause of the fact you can walk everywhere or ride a horse, I really don't like the whole flying idea and some of the new items are cool but really annoying to control, over all I really like how creative and different this zelda game is, it is interesting but i found it to be kinda challenging and kinda boring after a while. I really like how you can chose what link says when other characters ask him questions and the story is very interesting but I would like to see more zelda games that are like the older ones.  

ouka0011

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:24 pm
ouka0011
I think they did a good job, its very different from past zelda games. I do prefer the older games mostly cause of the fact you can walk everywhere or ride a horse, I really don't like the whole flying idea and some of the new items are cool but really annoying to control, over all I really like how creative and different this zelda game is, it is interesting but i found it to be kinda challenging and kinda boring after a while. I really like how you can chose what link says when other characters ask him questions and the story is very interesting but I would like to see more zelda games that are like the older ones.
Personally I found the game to be alright but the more I played it it started to become rather boring, and I myself prefer the older Legend of Zelda games.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:03 am
it wuz actually a fun gamer ib honest,but I actually liked twilight better and stuff like that X3 if u haven't tried it,u should at least try it

EternalAnimeWolf

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 pm
EternalAnimeWolf
it wuz actually a fun gamer ib honest,but I actually liked twilight better and stuff like that X3 if u haven't tried it,u should at least try it
I've actually played The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess( GameCube version) several times and I must admit that it was quite fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm
My dad and i are hard core Zelda players..Dads opinion is that Skyward sword kinda lacked what the others had..but i say they are all great games and im hoping they will continue to make Zelda games.  

Amaya Darkwolf

Partying Shapeshifter

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Summer Celebrant 150

the forest girl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 am
sadly i haven't played this game. it seems good and a lot of fun
but still i think i'm going to pass on this one =/

Hyrule Field "Main Discussion"

Manage Your Items