Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:25 pm
User Image

A yellow lion was sitting on a large rock formation at the base of Pride Rock. Samawati’s ears swiveled in all directions, taking in the sounds of… peace. Now with a full mane, he'd come to accept that the war that had plagued his adolescent was truly over and no longer feared that the occasional skirmish at the borders would trigger the next big war. He was true that a part of him had never quite forgiven the fact that he’d been kept from fighting against the beasts that had killed his brother. That part of him still hungered for blood but he had learned to temper it and, perhaps more importantly, hide it from those around him.

Wondering if he could visit his little nephew and niece, he jumped from the rock to the ground and instantly regretted it. His old injury, a memento from his only fight with the hyenas just before the war had began, send a jolt of pain from his right foreleg all the way to his spine. Samawati roared in pain but quickly bent his neck and grabbed a mouthful of the long hair of his mane, trying to muffle the sound. His leg had been fine lately so he'd forgotten that it wasn't a good idea to push it too hard just yet. Hyenas...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 pm
User Image

The lioness had really not been paying attention when it came to the war that went on in the pride. She tended to stay out of the way when it came to those things. She didn't like fighting and she wasn't one to fight but she supported anyone who was. She knew there were some fatalities and she knew that it had to happen. She didn't like that but she knew it happened and there was nothing that she could do about it. However that had passed at this point and she was spending her time around the borders once again. Not today though she was well in the borders. But bored out of her mind. she didn't know where her sister was, and she really had no one to spend any time with. She hated days like this. She even like dit when she had ot go out hunting because at least that meant she did something. Or at least that was how she felt about it.

She trotted along and was about to head toward the watering hole that was until she heard the sound of another. That sound made her turn her head and turn in the direction of where it came from. That was where she spotted the light colored male and her ears perked. She was wondering if he was okay. He didn't look that happy at the moment, she didn't know what to do, but she found herself wandering over to him to check out and see if he was at all okay. She was a little quiet until she got close to him and then she spoke. "Are you alright?" She had no clue what was wrong. it didn't look like aynthing was wrong. But his face appeared to say otherwise. She was confused.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:26 am
Samawati‘s head turned abruptly and the yellow lion was fully prepared bark a grumpy reply with his best I’ll-bite-your-head-off expression. Of course, first he had to make sure the feminine voice didn’t belong to his friend’s mate, his older daughters, Ruva or that big girl Akairo had been spending a lot of time with. And so, by the time he had run down the list of lionesses he shouldn’t (couldn’t?) really snarl at, Samawati had already been completely disarmed by a pair of bright blue eyes that shining from a brown face pierced him like sharp claws. It wasn’t common to see such a dark-colored lioness in the pridelands especially one without the typical markings and she was also a little smaller than most of the pride's females – though not exaggeratedly so – and Samawati wondered if she was a new member.

“Just an old injury.” Dangling one foreleg in the air, the young lion spoke after a brief silence when he finally realized he had been staring at the lioness the whole time. “It was supposed to fully heal with time but it still hurts from time to time.” Of course, he was also supposed to rest frequently and eat his herbs which didn’t happen all that often, if he were to think about it. Honestly, he didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm
She wasn't exactly a new lioness to the pride, she had been born into the Swampies, she knew of this but the only other thing she knew that she was not allowed to go back, nor were her siblings or her parents she didn't understand why. She really didn't even know who her father was but that wasn't exactly what mattered to her. She almost could be confused as a new member because she knew that through most of her life growing up she spent a lot of her time around the borders and testing how far out of them she could go. It wasn't until recently really that she decided to really settle in and keep this as her home. She now spent most of her time toward the inner parts of the pride making herself known and getting comfortable with everything was around her. She was still young and still adventurous but for now she was working on really making herself at home.

She stared at the male, a little surprised but really unfazed by the lion's angry expressions. She didn't care how angry was when some one looked at her, that almost made her more determined to get to know whoever it was she was a friendly lioness and to be greeted by unfriendliness was almost a challenge. She looked at him and smiled speaking in her friendly but strong voice. "You should be careful then." She stated with a chuckle. "Although they are easy to get around the rocks are tricky at times." She paused for a moment before motioning toward his leg. "They way you sounded, it didn't sound that old." She offered before flicking her hair out of her eyes. "Owell." She paused and then turned toward the lands before back toward him a soft smile was still on her lips.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 am
When she chuckled, Samawati’s ears perked up and shot forward, his expression softening. He looked more curious now and his frown gave the impression of one who was focusing very hard instead of being angry at the world around him. When she turned, the young lion inhaled deeply as he felt a sudden urge to follow her. He tested the paw a few times before he actually dared to put some weight on did but it wasn’t long until he was standing next to the brown lioness.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you before.” Oh, he’d remember if he had, of that he was sure. Her smile was inviting but a part of Samawati was still recovering from the fact that the last girl he had been pursuing – the lovely Ruva – had been fooling around with his twin brother behind his back. “I wasn’t very… social for a while. Are you new here? In the Pridelands?”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 pm
Sarabi's tali twitched behind her as a smile grew on her face. She shook her head after his comment. "Well, I haven't seen you around here either." She said simply shaking her head afterward. She laughed a little getting herself comfortable. She was getting a little border standing here, so far she was enjoying her company however she paused and looked at the male with a smile. "Despite that stranger, would you like to join me down by the water. It's a beautiful day." She mentioned the smile growing even more on her face. she was hoping that he was going to join her and start to follow her.

She paused once again before flicking her hair out of her eyes "Not really, but I used to spend more time out of the pride then in it but I've lived her all of my life." She nodded before thinking again. "I really just settled into the pride" She paused once again before looking toward the lands once again. "Yeah, for a walk and into the water sounds like a very nice time."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 am
Samawati wasn’t exactly used to getting attention from girls and that was something that quickly got past his defenses. Not too long ago he’d been a boisterous adolescent, always ready for a good fight and yes, a little conceited as well. The arrogance of youth hadn’t left the yellow lion completely just yet but Samawati had become somewhat more moderate with time especially after her niece and nephew had been born. In the absence of his brother, he believed he had to take the role of father figure to the two little cubs and he’d taken to the task surprisingly well.

“I’m Samawati. I joined the pride right before the war started.” The last thing he wanted was to talk about the war with the hyenas but that event – still so fresh in the mind of young lion - had marked his arrival at the pride. He was already following after the dark lioness, the light aching in his paw momentarily forgotten. Truth be told, he was having trouble focusing on anything other than the lioness’ bright blue eyes. “That does sound nice. I used to love swimming.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:04 pm
Sarabi's ears twitched at the idea of a war. She wasn't really here that much when the war was going on. Sarabi wasn't that much aware of the going ons at that moment. She was spending more of her times wandering around the outsides of the pride like she did for a while. After that she was also spending time with her sister. She knew the pride wasn't safe however she really was opposed to being caught in the middle of it. She was young and confused and didn't really know what to think of it that was for sure. Now though she felt bad for not getting as involved as she felt she should have. She paused for a moment and then nodded at the male. "It is nice to meet you Samawati."

She paused and then turned in the direction of the male, her eyes staring at him for a moment then nodding at him. "Swimming would be a wonderful thing then wouldn't it!" She laughed a little before she started to trot toward the watering hole. As she was walking she paused for a moment, "Used to?" She asked curiously looking around before laughing a little once again and then turning and starting to trot back in the direction of the watering hole, flicking her tail around behind her. She really never realized as she was walking that she never really introduced herself she really wasn't even thinking about it at the second she was more worried about getting them to the watering hole.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 am
He felt both smaller and drawn to those bright blue eyes that seemed to see right through the yellow lion but he smiled when she laughed. It was a lovely sound. Samawati broke into a slow trot, trying to keep up with the brown lioness as they made their way to the watering hole. He was quiet at first, unsure of how to answer her question but it didn’t take long for him to come up with a reply.

“After the war… I didn’t really want to have fun for a while.” It was somewhat refreshing to be with someone who hadn’t been there when the war started, someone who didn’t know of his brother and rushed to give condolences. Now that he was slowly returning to what he used to be – with the added bonus of a niece and nephew – Samawati was not overly fond of being reminded of what he had lost. So when as they made their way towards the waterhole, he was quick to divert the flow of the conversation as far away from himself as he could. “But this a good place to be. Beautiful and full of families. And lately I feel like I’m drowning in cubs. They’re everywhere.” He grinned, just a little, clearly amused. The fact that he hadn’t gotten the pretty lioness’ name didn’t even cross his mind.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:40 pm
Sarabi's ear twitched as she heard the male, she took a moment thinking before turning toward him and nodding at what he was saying. "Well I can't imagine anyone just wanting to play and joke around right after something as serious as a war. I don't blame you." She said thoughtfully. She never had been in anything like war so she wasn't that sure how she would feel afterward but at the same time she was pretty sure that she wouldn't want to go and run around and play around after everyone was fighting and hurting eachother. The blood the pain. She couldn't imagine bringing herself to do that. She was more of the kind that liked to sit to the side and talk something through instead of fighting over it.

She could see the watering hole getting closer and closer it was nice that she could almost see it as she was getting over a hill, getting closer to it. "A beautiful place to be, I'm glad I decided to stay." She chuckled a little. This wasn't her homeland but she grew up her eand from what she understood she couldn't go back to the homeland. Not only that but she liked it here and she grew up here. Well she mostly stayed around the borders wondering what was out there and she was not happy being here and happy to see what was around here. "Yes, so many cubs." She said with a laugh and a nod before turning away from him for a second and toward the watering hole. "happily though! It looks like we have the watering hole to ourselves for today." She chuckled a little before turning to him once again. "It is very nice to know that it must be nap time right now." She said laughing as she started to wander toward the watering hole getting closer and closer to it. A smile on her face.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 am
Samawati kept a soft smile on his face, thinking of himself as a lost cause. He’d promised never to let his guard down around a lioness again and yet everything about the brown lioness pulled him closer and he felt completely disarmed every time she turned those bright blue eyes his way. This was different though from the time when he’d followed Ruva around like a lost puppy when she clearly didn’t really care about him – it was easier to believe his first crush had just been playing hard to get instead of being simply not interested in him, after all. At least this time, the lioness seemed to be truly interested in talking to him.

“Just the two of us then.” The yellow lion said quietly as he slowly stepped closer to the waterhole until he finally felt the cool water on his paws, instantly realizing how much he’d truly missed the feeling. “Probably not for long though.” He chuckled, looking around as if expecting to find new company arriving already.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 pm
The lioness turned and her smile grew wider as she noticed his. He didn't seem to want to smile at first but seeing his smile made her happy. She made him smile and she enjoyed that. She enjoyed seeing anyone else smile, not only that but the fact that he was cute and it didn't seem like he had smiled in a while it made her even more excited to see his smile. She didn't know much about him but he seemed like he could make a pretty good friend. She flicked her tail around behind her and then kept walking, she was in a very good mood.

"Just the two of us," she echoed with a chuckle, flicking her hair out of her eyes. She was confused though by what he said as he approached the water side. "Why not for long Sama?" She asked curiously before turning to the water, before pushing her way through she paused at the edge and lapped up some of the water before wading her way in a looking at him with a smirk, lifting her paw and splashing him with a grin.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 am
Samawati wished he could stop smiling like an idiot but nothing in this situation could be considered routine for the young lion. He had many friends – many male friends – but this was the first time he was alone with a beautiful lioness who gave him such a genuine smile. As he admired her back as she lowered her head to drink.

“It’s such a beautiful day. I’m sure someone…” he was caught by surprise by the sudden water splash that left his head dripping in a rather comic way. His expression drifting from stunned to amused, the blue-eyed lion clearly hadn’t expected that but he still finished his sentence. “…is bound to come soon.”

But, at least for now, they were alone and her mood was nothing if not contagious. Samawati mirrored the brown lioness’ grin and jumped to her side as heavily as he could, hoping to get a bit of water on her as well.

“Gotcha!” he said, still grinning widely. Normally, he’d be a little cold but today Samawati could barely feel the change in temperature. More quietly – perhaps even a little meekly – he continued. “Hey… I was going to visit some family members before my shift starts… I probably don’t have time for that now but… when I get back… maybe we could meet again?” He was nervous and hating himself for it, not even realizing that he hadn’t even told her he was a Scout.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:21 pm
Sarabi was glad for one thing and that was that she was glad to see an actual smile out of the male. He was cute and seemed like a really good guy. She enjoyed that a lot. He was nice and funny. It made her pretty happy. He was nice to know. She flicked her hair out of her eyes and then grinned ear to ear and then started to bound away in the water. She squealed as the water hit her. She laughed again as the water dripped off her coat. This was fun. She liked enjoyable company.

"you did!" She laughed and then splashed him back but then she paused as he started to talk to her. She flicked her hair out of her eyes and then nodded to him. "I guess we could! I'll be around pride rock tonight." She grinned toward him with a nod. "Thats when I normally hang out. If not... then around here." She chuckled again. "Have fun!" She giggled.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 am
Samawati laughed when she squealed and giggled. With low rumbling chuckles, the Scout walked out of the water and shook his body thoroughly before looking back at the friendly lioness with renewed confidence. For the first time, he considered the possibility that this meeting might actually lead to something… good.

“I’ll go look for you then.” He said as he gave the lioness one long look before finally turning to leave. It was only when he’d reached the border that he remembered he’d never asked for the lioness’ name. Already could he foresee some annoying teasing once his friends realized he was going around looking for a lioness whose name he didn’t even know. Hopefully, finding the blue-eyed girl again wouldn’t prove to be a problem.

- FIN! -

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff