Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply ⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷
Questions and Feedback Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magesc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 am
This thread is used to answer any of your questions and receive any of your feedback! Feel free to post away!
Questions answered sad written in order that they are posted) Putting this here for you to quickly scan and see if someone has asked your question.

Please note: As of January 1, 2014 we went through a name change. Drakeinian=Khehorian, Drakein=Khehora, Keinova=Orakovan, Keindred=Orakoir, Keinling=Orakoi

Page 1::
What is this class thingy and weapon choosing?
Do I need INT points if I'm not a mage or Dovaa/Drakein?.
Can Keindreds fly?
Do hybrids get both of their races special abilities and special stuff as a master?
Q's about Law Enforcement in Magesc.
What kinds of animals live in Magesc?
How do breedings work?
Creating weapons for Quests and Gun info.
More Justice/legal/prison Q.

Page 2
Can you do RP's between your own characters?
Weapons and Dovaa's.
I want a mage but don't want a wand/scepter.
Is there a waiting time between hunts or a limit to the amount of dragons you can attack in one hunt?
Group vs Multiple Dragons
World Information Questions
Can an egg be bonded to a Drakeinian?
Does a 100 against a creature mean anything?
Q's about RP/Hunt Reqs for Adventures
Q on Necrokein skulls
Transportation and Cities
Do Dragons collect Soul Orbs?
Can a Hunt count as an RP?
Can a Battler take up a non battling profession?
Can you trade items?
What's the size of a Dragon Orb?
Nob-Battler's helping out in a Battler's Hunt.

Page 3
Do Bonded Drakeins get items from fights?
Do dragons have names?
Dragon Souls and buying things at the IC Shop
Drakein/Magescian Breeding
Additional Half Drakein Q's.
Q's on Racial leaders and turning in Orbs to them
How does a mage learn magic if they don't live among their race
How editable are Scepters?
Can a spellbook be a mage's weapon?
Trading items
Can Civi's use magic?
Can a Civi have multiple professions/teachers?
Question on the Market Adventure
Knives: ranged or melee?

Page 4
Are the new Drakein lines going to have the same line edits as before?
How to make a Warrior non mage like Dovaa
Erionda/Hybrid related Q's
Technical Q's on the Shop and Adventures
ARMOR INFO
Questions on battlers and hunts
Multiple Guilds
Enchanting armor
INFO on ENCHANTMENTS  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 am
robot kitten

Q: So in the creation forum, I am redoing Rydran and using new form that you put up. What is the class thingy? You said that we must choose one. Is this like mage/archer/barbarian/warior? After the weapons they choose after their first growth?

A: Yes, the class is exactly that! Mage / Archer / Barbarian / Warrior. There may be other classes in the future, but these are the starting ones at the moment. ^-^ Adepts are the only ones able to have a class, no Apprentices will ever have one, just like Apprentices won't have a clan either if they are Dovaa. :3

Of course, once the RP is done, yes, they will have those additions, but they won't necessarily take effect until they are grown. Hope this helped!

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 pm
robot kitten

Q: If I choose a mace and not the scepter, does Kadryn even need to put points on INT? Cause that seems related to the magical attacks and defenses, but those are only available to her if she chooses the scepter.... Or will it help her absorb magical attacks anyways?

A: It's always good to have some points in INT. The main reason being just as you said, it still works in absorbing the magical attacks of others. Offensive magic is never used unless one has the scepter or is a Dovaa. Defensive magic is used by all. So INT still applies even to those who can't tap into magical offensive abilities.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 pm
Silver_Tigress18

Q: (Her Keindred is on top of a small cliff and Samril + Sparky are at the bottom of it) How likely is it that Kioda would be able to climb down towards the S-team?
A: Very likely. She can hop down the cliff fairly easily I would think. Her wings would be too small to fly, but they can help her jump farther and balance

Q: So small distance gliding is possible?
A: As long as it is downwards, yes. Her wings are too small to support her right now, but they are large enough to slow and direct her fall. Though her landing skills are probably very lacking at this time XD  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:50 am
_ p a o cx

Q:
Do hybrids get both of their races special abilities and special stuff as a master?
A: No. They must choose which path they will favor and take that one.

If they are a Dovaa and Oblvionite or Orderite hybrid, than they may get both the clan powers and the weapon. But for the Matser abilities they must pick one side. So no Dragon Form and companion, one or the other people :3

If they are an Orderite/Oblivionite hybrid, they get only 1 weapon (not 1 for each half sorry!) and they must choose to favor the light or the dark side and take that companion (no you my not have 2 companions XD)

Same if they end up having all 3 races in their blood (very rare and you must ask permission to do this!!!!).
They can have 1 clan for dovaa, one weapon for their other blood. Then they have to pick which path they want, dovaa, orderite, or oblivionite and take that races Master abilities.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:08 pm
awendybird

Q:
I have a question (or two) about the Magesc world -- specifically, law enforcement exists right? I'm assuming it does like in any functional civilization, but I don't see any mention of police in the job descriptions for civilians. Is law enforcement handled by battlers essentially? On that note, is there a standard police issue regarding weapons? Obviously I associate police with gun or tasers because that's how it works in RL, but are they more of a knights with swords type in Magesc, or free-for-all-whatever-you-want-to-use?

A: Magesc is much more primitive then our world! XD So no tasers or guns.

Police is called the Guard, (Celestial Guard for Dovaa, Dark Guard for Oblivs, and the Guardians(a college/guild) is the guard for Ords). Guard would be based out of each race's main city with small detachments in small towns. I would think that the Guard would actually be apart of the race's standing army and the first people to react to an invading force.

Guards must be Battlers. Police need to be able to defend themselves and Civilians would not have the necessary training to do that. Or a weapon for that matter. So Battlers would be the police. You could have a civilian attached to the Guard as a quartermaster (deals with supply's and stuff), an accountant/clerk (keeps track of what is spent, who has been jailed, court case records etc), or a judge(oversees the court and all that.)

They would have a truncheon(club like thingy) issued to them when they become a guard for most uses but they'd probably also have a weapon of their choice. Each Batter (which a guard must be) gets to choose a weapon so the guards would probably have an eclectic assortment of other weapons. I would say that most guards would be ranged or use bladed weapons. Barbarians (who use blunt/big nasty weapons) would be a minority among the Guard, though there are some. Same with mages, there would be some, but not a majority.  

Magesc
Captain

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 pm
awendybird

Q:
What kinds of creatures/animals live in the world of Magesc? Other than dragons. Are they fantastical creatures or similar to Earth animals like sheep, horses, cats, etc.?

A: Fantastical creatures. I suggest you look at the Creature's thread for the main animals we have. There are variants on Earth creatures, but they aren't exact copies. Like no domesticated dogs/cats; though there are Bykaldrta which are wolf like, just bigger, hairier and meaner. If you wish to make a creature, pm me the details (there is a form in the above linked thread.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am
Tangled Puppet

Q:
How do breedings work anyway? Is it basically like getting a custom?

Like say...if Kilian and Erionda wanted to have kids eventually...
Would we basically be paying for a custom hybrid?
Would we be able to do twins (this hasn't been talked about...but if we were to both want a baby from them...yeah...)?

A: Breeding Magicians will be like buying a custom, and are only available during the custom's months when we open after customs are done. You and your partner need to figure out who owns the kid cause there are no joint owners here. Too much problems with co-owning.... You will have to pay to breed, payment must be all up front, no payment plans and it pays for all art stages. Twins are allowed.

It is cheaper than a custom and yes, it'd be like a semi-custom's hybrid but you get a bit less freedom on what the baby looks like. You get 3 things you choose and the artist draws the rest from their imagination on what a child would look like from your parents.

Official Breeding info can be found here.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:31 am
Fluffesu

Q:
So... If I was thinking of trying to create a custom, and I'm picking out a weapon, would I be limited to the ones in the shop, or could I create my own?

A: For an imprinted weapon(The main Battler's tool that gives you your stat boost) you get to choose from the Mage's Scpetar: The Barbarian's Blunt weapons (Includes huge axes, clubs, maces, flails, morning stars, those sorts of things), the Warrior's Blades (Includes any type of sword or bladed weapon like smaller axe's, spears, etc), or the Archers ranged (Includes ranged, crossbows, bows, slings, that sort of thing. Only primitive steam punk like pistols.)

Guns may not be imprinted upon! Not yet anyways. We'll see if we want to allow them to be later.

As for non imprinted weapons: you can have them, they just don't give you any thing extra in battle other than an rp tool. We are thinking of including them and giving them a set damage bonus or something, but that'd make the battle system more complicated and you guys already say its complicated enough. so...

Feel free to create a weapon and pm us asking if it can be an imprinted weapon. We may say, you get X (something similar) to start and then once you grow it gets more attuned to you and changes a bit. This is for exotic weapons. If it's a big freaking axe, you can grab it as a big freaking axe as an apprentice. If it's something like a complex halberd with a scythe blade on one side, an axe blade on the other and a spear on the tip? That's start out plain axe with long pole(normal halberd) and then grow to have the scythe blade then grow yet again to get the spear. Or just get both in one growths and it just gets cooler in looks for the next one...

On Guns
If you really want a gun user then you must restrict the gun since they are way to OP! There are no modern guns: no machine guns, no sniper rifles, no automatics! Steam punk guns are more accurate than rl old time weapons, but they don't have as long a range as a really really good bow or crossbow. They are also loud! There are no silent pistols. They also put up a small cloud of smoke, so make sure you at least mention this in your rps every now and then!

Pistols: It'd be loud so no stealth for you. Probably a 6 chamber and has a decent range. So no sniping from far away like an archer, but your gun would be more painful. No in game bonus, but rp wise you can have bigger wounds and more damage dealt. Also, make sure you rp them reloading; again, there's no penalty for it, but it'd be nice to see you load on the run then turn and fire in the rp. Or something like that. And old time guns? Loud.. very loud... so assassin with a gun? Ha! Everyone would know it was you cause of the gun powder smell and loud sound that they have.

Musket:.. um.. stick to a pistol XD They at least have 6 bullets.. muskets only have 1 at a time and are a lot harder to reload, more inaccurate, though they do have a slighter longer range.

Cannons: Nope. You no has cannon as weapon! This is a siege weapon! No way 1 person can carry it around! You can see them when armies go to war, but that's it.

Sniper Riffles: I know someone is gonna want one. Someone always does. Sorry guys, old time pistols/muskets just don't have the technology to enable them to shoot from extreme distances to kill something. Get a crossbow or bow for that.

You must get them from an Orderite, our race of steampunk tinkers!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 am
awendybird

Q:
More questions about the justice/legal system in Magesc. It probably varies from continent to continent, but how does it work? Is torture readily and blatantly used, or are there protection of rights etc.? Is there a prison system, or are people just executed or otherwise punished in an eye-for-an-eye manner (like a hand being chopped off for a thief or poacher)? If there is a prison system, what are the living conditions like?

A: Blatant torture? No. Not unless you piss off Draco. He's the only one who would do so. Eye for an eye? Orderites ad Oblivionites would both allow this I do believe. Davaa are much more peaceful and willing to forgive I think so their justice system would probably have hard labor as punishment or jail time instead of chop off hands and such.

Orderites ... I guess they would have a tough justice system since they stand for 'light and justice' or like to think they do. They probably have certain laws they don't want broken and would be a bit more willing to hurt lawbreakers.

Oblivionites, same thing, though I think they would have a much more harsh system of punishment.

As for protection of rights... um... The leaders are the voice of the gods. If they say this person gets banished, they get banished without a trail. Regular judges and courts though? They ahve to follow what ever rules and laws the leader sets down. Oblivs are viewed as weapons, so they're rights might not be as free as the other races. Orders and Dovaa's would have basic rights. Speech, choosing your path and job, simple stuff like that. No right of relig though. XD Gods are real here and you worship your races god. If they find you worship a different races god, you are going to be viewed as a traitor and either banished or killed.
I think that there are corrupt judges in each race, though Oblivs would have the most.

Prison.. Depends on the race and city and how corrupt you want it.Though there is a prison system in all the races. Though Dovaa might just banish their criminals and not have a jail...

Rural areas would have a more lax system and if you get caught stealing, you are at the mercy of the person who you steal from/got caught by.

PM Brolis for more details and stuff XD This is what I think is correct, but he may have a different idea!  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas