Little cousins..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w o l f - s m e x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:41 pm
Kinda rant! Heh, sorry guys!
So I posted a post a while ago mentioning how I got a new puppy. By the way, her name is now 'Kona'. I never mentioned her name. Well she's now only about 6 months now, so she's still a puppy that'll teeth a little & is at her hyper stage. Including that she's a husky, she has a lot of energy. Everytime that my younger cousins come over they hit my dog. Since they're young still, they think that dogs are just toys and that they don't get hurt or anything. They keep kicking her, hit her, grab her hair and pull her, and always scream at her. Their parents don't do anything about it. And whenever Kona wants to play, she'll jump, but then they'll just hit her and tell on their mom that my dog was biting them, so Kona would get scolded by their parents. It makes me so mad. Today, they pulled her by her hair that made her yelp really out, but to get out of trouble, my girl cousin started balling in tears and said that the dog tried to bite her face so she hit her to get her away. They also try to feed them snacks like chocolate, rice krispys, laffytaffys, and etc. Everytime I tell them not to, they try to sneak it to her when I'm away from them. Luckily Kona didn't take any, and I my friend offered to take her until they leave my house. Whenever I take away my dog, they start whining about how they want to play with her, so my aunt takes her from me and gives her to the kids the play. But then everytime her kids cry or scream she yells at me saying, "Was it your dog that did this?!" I am getting so fustrated..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm
I always took Kayda out for walks and then put her upstairs and told my relatives she was too tired. You need to have a serious talk to your aunt and mother about proper etiquette and that they need to teach the children how to act around the dog. She'll grow up aggresive of children if they continually treat her like this so it's a behaviour best curbed now.  

Azusanga

w o l f - s m e x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:16 pm
Azusanga
I always took Kayda out for walks and then put her upstairs and told my relatives she was too tired. You need to have a serious talk to your aunt and mother about proper etiquette and that they need to teach the children how to act around the dog. She'll grow up aggresive of children if they continually treat her like this so it's a behaviour best curbed now.

I try to take Kona on walks too and take her to a nearby park, but I can't keep her out all day since she gets tired. I had a serious talk with my aunt but she doesn't even care about my dog since she only thinks her dog is special, and my mom gets mad at my aunt and kids too, but she works a lot too. She still likes kids since she enjoys my friend's little siblings. I'm trying to keep Kona away from my cousins for now, but then my aunt will take her without my permission ):  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 pm
w o l f - s m e x
So I posted a post a while ago mentioning how I got a new puppy. By the way, her name is now 'Kona'. I never mentioned her name. Well she's now only about 6 months now, so she's still a puppy that'll teeth a little & is at her hyper stage. Including that she's a husky, she has a lot of energy. Everytime that my younger cousins come over they hit my dog. Since they're young still, they think that dogs are just toys and that they don't get hurt or anything. They keep kicking her, hit her, grab her hair and pull her, and always scream at her. Their parents don't do anything about it. And whenever Kona wants to play, she'll jump, but then they'll just hit her and tell on their mom that my dog was biting them, so Kona would get scolded by their parents. It makes me so mad. Today, they pulled her by her hair that made her yelp really out, but to get out of trouble, my girl cousin started balling in tears and said that the dog tried to bite her face so she hit her to get her away. They also try to feed them snacks like chocolate, rice krispys, laffytaffys, and etc. Everytime I tell them not to, they try to sneak it to her when I'm away from them. Luckily Kona didn't take any, and I my friend offered to take her until they leave my house. Whenever I take away my dog, they start whining about how they want to play with her, so my aunt takes her from me and gives her to the kids the play. But then everytime her kids cry or scream she yells at me saying, "Was it your dog that did this?!" I am getting so fustrated..
in this case, it would probably be best if you let your friend take her, as long as they know she can't escape their yard and stuff, this could make her fearful of children, and when they start whining, tell them they can't play with her until they learn respect toward animals, if they are old enough to make such outrageous lies that could get your dog in HUGE trouble, potentially even considered a "dangerous dog" (or worse) then they are old enough to respect animals. The only other thing I can think of, is leashing her to you, so they can't take her away from you, and you can watch and scold the children, if they get naughty, take her away. Like a puppy nipping, biting=no play time, hitting and so forth=no puppy, enough of that and they should get it.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elly_the_lost_penguin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:28 am
w o l f - s m e x

I personally am very stubborn and if my aunt took my dog like that and gave her back to the kids I would take her back immediately and tell my aunt off haha but I understand that for some people that won't exactly work out.

Maybe you should try talking to the kids if your not getting anywhere with the parents. Explain to them WHY its not okay for them to behave like this with the dog. How old are you and how old are the kids?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:38 pm
Elly_the_lost_penguin
w o l f - s m e x

I personally am very stubborn and if my aunt took my dog like that and gave her back to the kids I would take her back immediately and tell my aunt off haha but I understand that for some people that won't exactly work out.

Maybe you should try talking to the kids if your not getting anywhere with the parents. Explain to them WHY its not okay for them to behave like this with the dog. How old are you and how old are the kids?

I am 15 years old, but I've grown up with dogs ever since I was a toddler since my older sister wanted a dog when we were all little. So I have experience and my cousins are about 5-6 years old. Both of them  

w o l f - s m e x

Elly_the_lost_penguin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:20 am
w o l f - s m e x
Elly_the_lost_penguin
w o l f - s m e x

I am 15 years old, but I've grown up with dogs ever since I was a toddler since my older sister wanted a dog when we were all little. So I have experience and my cousins are about 5-6 years old. Both of them

Oh I can see how your age would make them not listen to you. I'm 18 and my family still considers me to be just a stupid kid stare At that age they are old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong and how to treat animals(my cousin is three so she doesn't really understand) so you should really try talking to them. Explain to them how they are expected to behave and give them an ultimatum - If they don't respect him, then he will stay with your friend while they are visting.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games