Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:09 pm
Switched Sugar from Merrick's Before Grain (because of conflicting info about the acai berry) to Wellness Core (with canned EVO) and she gets a lot more raw than before as well. She hasn't had any accidents, but we also haven't given her a chance to. I'm very strict about making sure she gets put in the bathroom at night or if we go out. She's also learned to stay off the bed (though if that's just because we're watching or not remains to be seen). Switched her litter back to feline pine and she really seems to be enjoying that a lot more than the clay. Sometimes I forget to grab the dirty clothes off the floor at night and she hasn't peed on those, so fingers crossed!

We decided to take a chance and (supervised) let the chickens out to free range while the in-laws dog was in the yard with them. After a week or so of this (with him being very good and not even paying any attention to them), we started leaving them alone out there for short amounts of time and pretty much worked our way into leaving them out full time. So they now free range for the entire day (instead of being locked in the run) and then I put them in their coop at night. They seem pretty happy having the entire yard to graze in as they please, and whenever I go out there, they follow me around x.x Today they learned how to climb the stairs to get onto the porch. I've also noticed that they eat a lot less feed since they can fill up on grass, bugs and lizards. Definite plus both on my wallet and on their health, since it's hard to find INFO on better chicken feeds, never mind the feeds themselves. Of course now we have to search the entire yard for Claudie's eggs because she's not a nester at all. We are moving soon though. We will have a yard, but we don't know what the rules about keeping chickens will be where we move, so Jacob might end up on the dinner table (a lot of places don't allow roosters). Frankly, even if we're not allowed to keep chickens at all where we go, no one would ever notice Claudie because she's so quiet, so her place in the family is safe. Our current neighbors wouldn't even know we had them if they didn't hear Jacob every morning (and sometimes afternoon).

Lazy and the fish are doing good, as usual. I've been thinking of getting some tall containers so that I can grow greens for her right in her cage and she won't be able to reach them until they're ready and I can cut them down for her. I've got about 9 strong female Endler's from my firstbatch of babies, and a beautiful black and orange male. There are 7 or so babies swimming around and all of the females are gravid. Oh, and the new lights I got for FREE are doing their job and my plants are starting to grow back, so woo for me, lol. My pleco is a big fat boy, between 5-6" long and healthy as a horse.

Haven't been posting as much as I used to, but then again the guild is kinda slow so I don't think I've missed to much!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:02 pm
Glad Claudie's being good being out about about! When we had chickens, they had a 10x20 area where they had free-roam of. They loved it! All the moths and grass they could eat LOL

We changed their food every two days (probly should have every day, but oh well), and their water every day. They had a dog house with either hay or shredded paper that they slept in (and where the food dish was, so it didn't get bothered by the whether).

Spoiled little things even got crushed up Cherrio's, tortilla chips, un-sweetened grain-based cereals, crackers, bread... Anything they were allowed to eat, they got it LOL

I broke down and bought more Endlers the other day LOL They are in the 10 gallon, and already, the females are popping out babies! o.O My Ram died, though... I moved the tank home for a month, so they wouldn't be 10 hours away in my dorm, all alone while I was home, and the crazy city water finally got to him. I sware you can cycle a tank with the tap water alone here... I even used Prime every few days... Ugh! I bought a Betta in his place, and he seems to be fitting into community life, which is good. I hope it stays that way ninja

Growing Lazy food sounds like a great idea! My rabbits loved what came out of our garden. They got so excited when you went near it, because they knew you were going to bring them something good LOL

Acai Berries are controversial even in human health. That's something I never got into. Usually, I'm like, "Oh, lets try this!" when I'm at the grocery store, but I could never bring my self to try anything with Acai in it. It sounds yucky LOL  

Akari_32

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:35 pm
Oh you and your red text smile

Here's some updates from me so you don't have to scour:
My fish have stopped killing eachother

Piper has been growing steadily and is starting to calm down. He and Annabelle play almost non stop, except when the little runt is sleeping. He sleeps in his own special corner. He got his own collar just a few days ago and is currently sporting it like a champion. The guinea pig is delightful. Piper is sleeping in my sweatshirt right now  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:30 pm
Azusanga
Oh you and your red text smile

Here's some updates from me so you don't have to scour:
My fish have stopped killing eachother

Piper has been growing steadily and is starting to calm down. He and Annabelle play almost non stop, except when the little runt is sleeping. He sleeps in his own special corner. He got his own collar just a few days ago and is currently sporting it like a champion. The guinea pig is delightful. Piper is sleeping in my sweatshirt right now

Oooh cute kitty <3 so sweet.  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 pm
Hey, Nilla, I have an idea!

Lets gang up on Azu and kid nap Piper! =D  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:39 pm
Akari_32