Submit

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 am
From GOM...

Qyp
slothiiiey
Qyp
So... since there is like 4-5 Gaia Magazines and probably more will be created in the future. Heck, maybe even some fan comics of Gaia Plot (HINT HINT)... (Gaia-zine is another, if it will stay alive after the mess that just happened) Any ideas on doing some guild that could be like a network that helps keep the magazines "united" in a way? Not like, sharing what each other is doing, but maybe design tips, and all that. Like a guild that has a "How to make a magazine and upload it to Issuu" Guide, which might interest Meji I would think. Or just general design tips by people from different magazines, or what ever else that could be thought up. I would also like to see the main forum have only them magazines displayed too.

Want me to make this? I am just bored really and want something to do...

So you are suggesting we all make a private guild for all magazine guilds to share info on how to make each other better?

It's just design tips, or what ever, not like telling each other what the articles will be... or what ever.

And it wouldn't be private... it's like a public hub, where people could discover magazines that they might not have known actually existed... It's to stimulate growth, and make sure others get a chance to shine like everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 pm
Qyp
From GOM...

Qyp
slothiiiey
Qyp
So... since there is like 4-5 Gaia Magazines and probably more will be created in the future. Heck, maybe even some fan comics of Gaia Plot (HINT HINT)... (Gaia-zine is another, if it will stay alive after the mess that just happened) Any ideas on doing some guild that could be like a network that helps keep the magazines "united" in a way? Not like, sharing what each other is doing, but maybe design tips, and all that. Like a guild that has a "How to make a magazine and upload it to Issuu" Guide, which might interest Meji I would think. Or just general design tips by people from different magazines, or what ever else that could be thought up. I would also like to see the main forum have only them magazines displayed too.

So you are suggesting we all make a private guild for all magazine guilds to share info on how to make each other better?

It's just design tips, or what ever, not like telling each other what the articles will be... or what ever.

And it wouldn't be private... it's like a public hub, where people could discover magazines that they might not have known actually existed... It's to stimulate growth, and make sure others get a chance to shine like everyone else.

Yeah I saw that. I'm a little unclear as to how it would work. Would it be like The Graphic Makers guild where you post your tips and tricks so everyone else can see?  

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 am
Arisa Takera
Qyp
From GOM...

Qyp
slothiiiey
Qyp

Yeah I saw that. I'm a little unclear as to how it would work. Would it be like The Graphic Makers guild where you post your tips and tricks so everyone else can see?

Well, it's a free for all... people can post graphic tutorials, tips, etc... or tips and how tos on interviews, and how to write articles... It would be targeted to magazines mainly, but if there is other projects like Fan comic artists of Gaia plot that want to know how put their comic on Issuu, or what ever, then maybe someone can set up that kind of tutorial also. Or heck, even if it's not hosted on Issuu, it can still be a part of the hub of Gaia Community e-book projects.

It's meant to be like a gathering of all the magazines... but it won't be able stealing ideas from each other, or stealing stories, or what ever... It's about keeping the magazine community friendly, and maybe if the magazines and other community projects that involve some kind of e-book, become quite numerous... Possibility of hosting awards in the guild... but that is of course a long way off...

I just see Gaia Magazines/Newsletters are just the beginning... I stumbled upon a fashion guild, would be interesting if they got into doing their own magazine or even just a 5-6 page newsletter... Even something like that would be a part of the hub, yah know? Just a Gaia E-Book Hub...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:35 am
Qyp
Arisa Takera
Qyp
From GOM...

Qyp
slothiiiey
Qyp

Well, it's a free for all... people can post graphic tutorials, tips, etc... or tips and how tos on interviews, and how to write articles... It would be targeted to magazines mainly, but if there is other projects like Fan comic artists of Gaia plot that want to know how put their comic on Issuu, or what ever, then maybe someone can set up that kind of tutorial also. Or heck, even if it's not hosted on Issuu, it can still be a part of the hub of Gaia Community e-book projects.

It's meant to be like a gathering of all the magazines... but it won't be able stealing ideas from each other, or stealing stories, or what ever... It's about keeping the magazine community friendly, and maybe if the magazines and other community projects that involve some kind of e-book, become quite numerous... Possibility of hosting awards in the guild... but that is of course a long way off...

I just see Gaia Magazines/Newsletters are just the beginning... I stumbled upon a fashion guild, would be interesting if they got into doing their own magazine or even just a 5-6 page newsletter... Even something like that would be a part of the hub, yah know? Just a Gaia E-Book Hub...

It's an interesting Idea for sure. Are you starting it?  

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:03 am
Arisa Takera
Qyp
Arisa Takera
Qyp
From GOM...

Qyp

It's an interesting Idea for sure. Are you starting it?

I was thinking about it, but wanted the support of the current magazines if they liked the idea... and wanted to see it happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am
I'm going to ask a weird question, but I really liked the texture/pattern you used for the hearts on the VDay Banner in this announcement.

I was wondering where you got it from or did you make it yourself?  

demon blurry eyes

Star Reindeer

16,675 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MG IT Guy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:09 pm
demon blurry eyes
I'm going to ask a weird question, but I really liked the texture/pattern you used for the hearts on the VDay Banner in this announcement.

Twilight Afternoon can answer this for you

Twilight Afternoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:14 pm
demon blurry eyes

Thank you, I used colourlovers website to created the color palette and the pattern was done by someone else with permission.  

Twilight Afternoon
Vice Captain

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:56 am
Sakuyako-san
gaia_crown

A "magazine based" guild right? It sounds kind of fun, but where do you post your magazines?

We post them using issuu.com and we send the link out via guild announcement. You can view the format by viewing our past newsletters. I'll be making an archive of them for easier viewing very soon. I'm kind of working hard keeping the team together so that we can release the issue.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 am
Twilight Afternoon
demon blurry eyes

Thank you, I used colourlovers website to created the color palette and the pattern was done by someone else with permission.

It looks really good 3nodding
Thanks for the info ^^  

demon blurry eyes

Star Reindeer

16,675 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mitsumaru-kun

Beloved Genius

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 am
i am looking for an advertisement for the raffle contest i created? how much to you charge for advertisements...got referred here by a friend.. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 am
Mitsumaru-kun
i am looking for an advertisement for the raffle contest i created? how much to you charge for advertisements...got referred here by a friend.. wink

Welcome to the guild. Our advertisement ordering thread is here but because we're so close to finishing the issue our advertisements are closed right now. They might be closed for some time so that we can revamp the way ads are ordered to make it easier.  

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

Mitsumaru-kun

Beloved Genius

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:27 am
Arisa Takera
Mitsumaru-kun

Welcome to the guild. Our advertisement ordering thread is here but because we're so close to finishing the issue our advertisements are closed right now. They might be closed for some time so that we can revamp the way ads are ordered to make it easier.

do you know other places that i can advertise?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:32 am
Mitsumaru-kun
Arisa Takera
Mitsumaru-kun

Gaiaonline magazine. Their banner is on the homepage  

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 pm
Arisa Takera
Mitsumaru-kun
Arisa Takera
Mitsumaru-kun

Gaiaonline magazine. Their banner is on the homepage

One of those moments where you need my guild... I WIN!  
The Lobby

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff