Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Tropical Jungle (Art Forum)
DTI Advertise

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 am
Okay so I worked on a little project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYBl7pYh2tk&context=C2b374ADOEgsToPDskIY4tjYCmC89P5N30QGyIvf
Depending on the comments I may edit. Also Grandwing did approve of this commercial ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 am
Comments?
I wanna try to make a better one in the future so all reviews/comments are appreciated ^^  

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:26 am
....all right... I think the main thing I would say is that I don't think the screencaps of the forum posts are doing a lot here. You can't read them and they're not very interesting to look at, so I don't think that those will really get anyone's attention or give any important information beyond the fact that this is a Gaia guild (and even then people who aren't on Gaia might be like 'WTF is this'. I'm guessing this is made for people already ON Gaia, but if it isn't, it might not be a bad idea to mention Gaia Online and suggest for people to register there, bring some more people in).

I'd suggest instead showing some more pictures instead of the screen caps; for instance show a bunch of various aesthetically-pleasing sprite arts of various users and forms; like you could show the starters like MarLucy with her Tanemon, and then show the badass avatars like Unitas with one of his Megas or something later. Show a lot of variety in both the Digimon and the avatars, y'dig? I think people might be drawn to that. With the RPing and the forum business, I don't think there's a lot you can communicate there, so my suggestion would be more pictures like the ones already in there, (the one with the Tamers main characters was cool) showcasing various cool action scenes and stuff. Alternatively, you could list some easy-to-read bullets of some of the subforums within the guild to let people know what kind of stuff the guild has to offer. Maybe Card Battling could be one of those bullets or maybe you just show a bunch of pictures of various cards, but I think it might just be best to have a bullet or a note saying that we have a 'card-based battle system;' I think that would be the most accurate.

Overall I wasn't wild about it, I thought it was sort of too long (relative to commercials) and it felt slow because of the long shots where you're forced to watch the screencaps. It wasn't the best commercial I've ever seen but it wasn't terrible either. Hope this helps; I might be harsh with my criticism sometimes, but I always have improvement in mind when I do so.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:07 am
Thank you so much ^^
To be honest the quality was a lot better earlier, but my computer kindda crashed and...(rather not go into detail), but either way thank you ^^  

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 pm

I like it but like he said the screen caps are a little boring to look at, if you could maybe get more of them and make them move a lot faster that would help, especially with the speed of the song. On the card battles screen the black text is hard to see so you might make it white or some other color that might stand out better, again definitely mention Gaia just in case they've never heard of it. but try for sure to flash from pic to pic, show some more of the digimon they could get, like the cards and stuff maybe a single images or show the digivolution route for one of them. maybe throw some of the banners from contests across the screen also rather than the battle posts maybe show some of the larger decks. Last but not least see if you can throw GW in there some where.

Anyways I like the video over all, just some thoughts I had while watching it, Good job! It's pretty cool.

Tropical Jungle (Art Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games