Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
who the ******** are you people anyway. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 pm
Existential Existence

yes sitting in on lectures is a great way to get a feel for your interests too.
there once was a class i was unsure of taking so instead i just sat in. i ended up falling asleep half way through each time though and i was glad i didn't enroll in the class because the material wasn't that great.

if you ever catch wind of any popular professors on campus you should check them out to see what they have to offer knowledge wise.

i wish i'd checked out some sociology classes because as a psych person, sociology as a discipline still makes me scratch my head
Yep. I live with a 4th year student who's doing neurosci but took a bunch of physio classes, and it's basically from talking to her/reading her books that i realized i might like anatomy/physio

i gotta be honest, i can't handle socio and psych. once it gets too convoluted/deep i just call bullshit gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 pm
[color=emo]
Nikunya
SO many collage people. I AM SO JEALOUS! Bah....I can't afford college. I had hoped to go into animation and/or design someday. Unfortunately the only school that has an animation course around were I live is ridiculously expensive. emotion_donotwant
I ended up takin' an online Graphic Design course. I'm now tryin' to create an online portfolio and hopefully do some freelance work. I need at least a year or two experience to even get an ENTRY level job as a Graphic Designer.
*shrugs* Aside from all that I work a shitty retail job part time. I'm tryin' to find a full time job so I can move into my own apartment.
Eventually I plan on sellin' art part time. I'm mainly a traditional artist and I LOVE screen prints. heart
what yeati said is so true

especially if the reason you're not going to college is that you can't afford it. i feel like they have it in the states too but in canada there are mad bursaries for people who can't afford education. that's like FREE MONEY.

@Mero
derp. i just assume anyone who says university instead of college isn't american xD

The way you wrote my name makes me feel like a Yetti.

Which is kinda awesome.

But in general I go by Zi.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:15 pm
Yeata Zi
[color=emo]
Nikunya
SO many collage people. I AM SO JEALOUS! Bah....I can't afford college. I had hoped to go into animation and/or design someday. Unfortunately the only school that has an animation course around were I live is ridiculously expensive. emotion_donotwant
I ended up takin' an online Graphic Design course. I'm now tryin' to create an online portfolio and hopefully do some freelance work. I need at least a year or two experience to even get an ENTRY level job as a Graphic Designer.
*shrugs* Aside from all that I work a shitty retail job part time. I'm tryin' to find a full time job so I can move into my own apartment.
Eventually I plan on sellin' art part time. I'm mainly a traditional artist and I LOVE screen prints. heart

especially if the reason you're not going to college is that you can't afford it. i feel like they have it in the states too but in canada there are mad bursaries for people who can't afford education. that's like FREE MONEY.

@Mero
derp. i just assume anyone who says university instead of college isn't american xD

Which is kinda awesome.

FACEPALM.
I just realized it's Yeata.

Zi is so much easier.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:16 pm
[color=emo]
Yeata Zi
[color=emo]
Nikunya

@Mero

Which is kinda awesome.

FACEPALM.
I just realized it's Yeata.

Zi is so much easier.
I think so too  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:18 pm
Existential Existence
Uncle Haijin
I'm a 4th year English major, journalism minor, about to graduate in May. I kind of inadvertently specialized in 1850s-1910 British literature, but I actually kind of dislike Victorians more than I like them, so that's sort of weird. I'm actually more interested in marketing and PR than I am in English, so I guess I have the wrong degree. XP

I'm sort of short, scrawny, bespectacled, and currently puffy-eyed and pale for staying up way too late to study for finals. I quote The Big Lebowski way too much than can be good for me, and spend way too much time on Gaia and LJ. I can't help it, I like ONTD way too much. D:

Also, I am real gud at ritin things

English is never a bad degree to have as long as you hone those analytic and writing skills. The best way to get your foot in the door with any job area though is to apply to internships and get some experience while you're in school. So when you get out you have some sort of reference to go off of when you search for a job you want.

Speaking and writing well are assets. You can take some marketing/PR classes if you need to. If you go to a large university with large lectures where the professor doesn't recognize students you can probably sit in on some lectures from marketing type of classes, without even having to ask the professor. biggrin

Free classes!

Oh yeah, I am trying to get internships. I'm hopefully getting one at an art museum in the city, but they haven't called back yet. D:

I'm taking a marketing class this semester now that I have everything for my major done, which is actually super interesting. Going to take advertising next semester. I wish I could sit in on lectures, but my university is super small, so they'd notice. I think our lecture hall fits maybe 50 people at most.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:19 pm
Meromictic
Nikunya

I love retail. ;.;

And you could always start by taking your gen eds at a community college. That's what I did. Just make sure that they will transfer to the school you plan to go to. Often times, you can even test out of a few of them. c:

lol xd
Retail can be ok. I work in a small gift shop with awesome co-workers but I still hate kids.........and workin' for Walmart in the past was somewhat soul suckin'. emotion_drool

[color=emo]
Nikunya

Yeah I'm gonna look into once I move back to the city. I'm at the age where I can apply for loans without my parents income factored in. When I tried before I couldn't get much since my parents weren't poor enough and have applied for bankruptcy about a year before. Well once I move I'll be considered "low income" by city standards so I'm sure that will help. emotion_awesome  

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
[color=emo]
Existential Existence

there once was a class i was unsure of taking so instead i just sat in. i ended up falling asleep half way through each time though and i was glad i didn't enroll in the class because the material wasn't that great.

if you ever catch wind of any popular professors on campus you should check them out to see what they have to offer knowledge wise.

i wish i'd checked out some sociology classes because as a psych person, sociology as a discipline still makes me scratch my head
Yep. I live with a 4th year student who's doing neurosci but took a bunch of physio classes, and it's basically from talking to her/reading her books that i realized i might like anatomy/physio

i gotta be honest, i can't handle socio and psych. once it gets too convoluted/deep i just call bullshit gonk

As a super science major, I can tell you Anatomy is the most boring class I have ever taken in my life.

If you like straight out memorizing body structures, you may enjoy it.

Pathophysiology (which is the last class in the Anatomy line) is supposedly really cool--because you apply sweet diseases to all the shtuff you learned.

But, sweet jesus, Anatomy is the most boring class ever  
[color=emo]
@Mero

lol

I say university because that's what the school calls itself. Plus the community college here is really popular. So when someone says they're going to college, most people assume its that two year school.

The reason for it being so popular is because you get a free ride there is you've lived and gone to school in the same county as the college and you have at least a c average. All that you have to do is like 20 hours of community service a semester and of course pass your classes.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 pm
Nikunya
Meromictic
Nikunya

I love retail. ;.;

And you could always start by taking your gen eds at a community college. That's what I did. Just make sure that they will transfer to the school you plan to go to. Often times, you can even test out of a few of them. c:

lol xd
Retail can be ok. I work in a small gift shop with awesome co-workers but I still hate kids.........and workin' for Walmart in the past was somewhat soul suckin'. emotion_drool

Yeah. I've heard walmart can be a b***h to work for. While I was job searching, I almost gave up and applied there but I had so many friends that were like "DON'T DO IT!!!!" xd

Since I just started my job last month, I wouldn't call the people I work with friends. I do try to find things to relate with them though. I'm a master at small talk. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:03 pm
Yeata Zi
[color=emo]
Existential Existence

As a super science major, I can tell you Anatomy is the most boring class I have ever taken in my life.

If you like straight out memorizing body structures, you may enjoy it.

Pathophysiology (which is the last class in the Anatomy line) is supposedly really cool--because you apply sweet diseases to all the shtuff you learned.

But, sweet jesus, Anatomy is the most boring class ever
i think it's mostly based on the prof being totally epic.

I'm okay with memorizing structures. I was considering medical illustration for a while so anatomy is kind of an interest of mine :'D  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

netamii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:17 pm
I'm in technical university. First year and I'm already torn between failing and taking up some graphic design or continuing and having a job emotion_donotwant and here I thought that I won't make the same mistakes as my brother, I guess things like that stay in the family D:  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:26 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

I go to SCAD Atlanta for Interactive Design and Game development with a minor in Concept art.

I live with that f*****t, Suitor, and we have a cat-baby together. He's okay I guess. He likes to elbow me in my sleep.

I also have a love-hate relationship with the state of North Carolina.
at first i thought you meant the cat baby and then I was like d'awwww 4laugh but then i was like no emotion_donotwant

Ven Loraine

Am a college student as well. 5th semester. 22 years old and from Germany.

I started college in 2009, majoring in law, economics and maritime technology.
Right now I spend my 5th semester in Australia, working in a shipping company. 3nodding

When I am back in Germany next year, I will finish these courses (probably in 2013, maybe later if I also get my Master's degree) and MAY start art school.
That has been my dream since 1st grade, but I had to decide between art and probably driving a shiny car later. xd

noice. international studies yeahhhh

Actually, if I were to get a credit abroad basically my only choice is to work at a lab in Germany LOLOL.

and I made the shiny car / art decision too ;__;

but i realized I really enjoy science-y s**t and i really hate a lot of art s**t so I'm okay with it.

Germany is a good place to work. 3nodding

Yeah, enjoy technology and law, so it is alright. Just economics is so... boring.

Ven Loraine

Explorer

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

I go to SCAD Atlanta for Interactive Design and Game development with a minor in Concept art.

I live with that f*****t, Suitor, and we have a cat-baby together. He's okay I guess. He likes to elbow me in my sleep.

at first i thought you meant the cat baby and then I was like d'awwww 4laugh but then i was like no emotion_donotwant

I'd like to emphasize that we sleep in a twin size bed with one side shoved up against a wall. And I'm 6'3"

I really have no place to put my elbows  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

I'd like to emphasize that we sleep in a twin size bed with one side shoved up against a wall. And I'm 6'3"

FULL SIZE, DICKBAG  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 pm
Prince Ichi
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

FULL SIZE, DICKBAG

really? well damn, It always felt smaller  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out