Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage II [IC]
[PRP] An Innocent Stroll (Mzuka x Mayus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 am
User Image

Taking in a deep breath, Mzuka looked out at the lands she once called home. She was out on a stroll, not too far from her beloved pride lands, taking in the leftover warmth as the sen began its descent. It had been a long while since she had been in this area; normally, when she wanted to go hunt by herself, she would go someplace far from here, to avoid thinking about the past. It all felt so long ago for her, even though it hadn’t actually been all that long ago since she first came to this pride. Off in the distance, she could still make out the old and wavering branches of the bare tree she laid beneath for what seemed like forever, waiting for her father to bring her here.
The decision she made back then, she knew, was the right one. As much as she loved her parents - her father, especially - she knew that her place in that family was shrinking into nothing. She wasn’t the type to want to stand by and just ‘be’ there, and that was what made her leave her massive family behind. Being out here, part of her wished that she would get to see one of them, that they would just ‘appear’ for a few moments, but she knew that something like that would never happen. Her father, she knew, was a restless soul, and the chances of her mother wandering far from the den were slim to none. As hard as it was, she knew when she left that they would probably never even get another glimpse of each other.
Flicking her pale blue eyes towards the sky, she tried to push all of her doubts and foolish reminiscing from her mind, and enjoy this little bit of ‘away’ time. She had never dreamed that being a Lieutenant in the Earth Kingdom would be as difficult as it was, and there were definitely moments where she just wanted to drop everything and run. Moments like this. It had all seemed so hectic that she slipped out, wanting to breathe some outside air for a little while before having to go back. Not that she disliked it or anything - but she wasn’t raised in the confines of a pride, so the concept of constant responsibility and working together were fairly new to her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:45 am
User Image

Mayus moved over the lands swiftly, annoyed. He wasn't every usually content, so his annoyance seemed very normal and right. Even while being misplaced, or maybe misunderstood. He hadn't run into anyone for days, he'd been gone from 'his pride' for a while now, so what was the problem? But even the wicked longed for companionship, for someone to hunt for you and to push your seed onto another so that they may carry on your blood.

But did he really want that? He was a halfie, an abomination. He was abnormal by any normal standards, coming from a lion who'd disgraced himself and given into the charms of a female cheetah. It was disgusting, his father had been a weak and pitiful fool. But... if the savannah let such cruelties... such humorous jokes walk the lands... then why shouldn't he make another carry on his line? Perhaps the cubs would be even uglier little freaks, and they would stain these lands with their abnormality forever.

He slowed down at this thought, his annoyance shifting into slight amusement. He smirked and nodded. Yes, this was his plan then. He may not have believed in love, but he knew most others did. But where would he find a suitable female? Or maybe any female would do. His tail gave a little flick.

"Speak of the devil." He purred out, bright blue eyes landing on the form of another ahead. He took her for a lioness at first glance, but she was small and the proportions were wrong. A cheetah then? And then the suspicion sunk in. "Oi, hi there!" He called out, careful to keep the contempt from his voice. "Can you help me out?" He'd shifted his gait so he was now making a beeline for her.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 am
Feeling the wind brush softly against her cheeks, Mzuka was so glad for this temporary freedom. Running about like this, doing as she pleased – it was something she had grown up doing. And there was just something so thrilling about the possibilities that the rogue world held; see new places, doing new things, and meeting others that could, potentially, change your life forever.
Just as the thought crossed her mind, her ears twitched as a voice echoed into them. Thinking it just a figment of her imagination at first, Mzuka quickly shook her head, turning it to face the origin of the sound. Seeing the bright red pelt of the creature that let out its voice, she thought for a moment that maybe it was someone from her pride. No, there was no way they’d be all the way out here like this. Although, she had come this far…but it was highly unlikely.
Watching as it came closer, she felt a ping of nervousness rise up within her. This was the first time in a while that she would be meeting someone new, and it kind of excited her. Keeping her eyes on him, she gave a warm smile. “Oh, hi.” Letting out a small giggle, she found herself overcome with nerves. Because of her large family, she never really had to meet anyone, and that trait had remained all this time. “You need help? With what?”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 am
    The only others of his 'kind' that he'd met had been his two brothers. Both irritating pricks that he could do with out... Well perhaps not fully. It was true he did get along with them, in a twisted way that many others would view as 'not getting along at all'. But Mayus enjoyed his time fighting, arguing and belittling his brothers.

This half-breed was cream colored, reminding him a little of Hari. Though her pelt was lighter, and his only held touches of what Mayus thought of as Asi-brown. This female would have fit in with the pride he'd originally come from, probably.

He kept the friendly look on his face, at least he hoped it was friendly, to the extent that his muscles actually hurt over it! "Ah, it seems I'm lost..." He said slowly, then his head tilted. "Well not lost, but I've been trying to track down a watering hole around here that I was at a few days ago... I don't know the area very well though. I've just travelled here, decided to settle for a while at least." Except he'd been in this area since he was an adolescent and could stand no more of all the friendly idiots in his family pride.

"And I'm very, very thirsty." A plausible lie, an easy way to get the female to spend some time with him so he could woo her. And he would woo her, or he'd eat his own tail!

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm
Watching the male, Mzuka took a little time to scan him over, to really take him in. He was so....red. She had seen red pelted creatures before, sure, but never in such a combination. It was almost refreshing to see red paired with a color that wasn't black, and she was rather fond of his white mane. The longer she stared at him, though, she realized that his body looked alarmingly familiar - yes, her brother had a body that was just like that. The smaller mane, the lean body; yeah, this guy was like her, a wonderful half-and-half.

Realizing this, her ears perked a little, and she became immediately more interested in whatever it was he had to say. Knowing they were basically the same species, Mzuka could feel a pull towards him. Though, she summed it up as just being overly excited at finally seeing someone like her other than a member of her own family.

"Lost?" Tilting her head back, she let her eyes wander up towards the sky. She was a little disappointed; this was something that she had pretty much no way of helping with. "I'm...not really from here at all." Letting out a laugh, Mzuka was glad that this male seemed nice. Maybe it was a species thing? "But a watering hole does sound rather nice..." Biting the side of her lip, her eyes trailed off into the grass. She kind of wish she knew where this watering hole was, so she'd be able to show him. But with her luck, he'd probably just head off, to find it on his own.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am

Gods above, that hadn't been what he wanted to hear! No matter, he would just work it to his advantage. Lying took risks, constantly. The watering hole had been a risk, but any good liar knew that something simple, like 'being lost', was your best bet with a lie so one could manipulate the situation to their liking. "Ah~ so we're in the same predicament, yeah?" A quiet chuckle; keep the situation light and fun. "Well, want to join me in looking for it? I've already been to several spots I thought it might be in... so that's narrowed the search quite a bit." And now some laughter for good measure.

Felines who were not him, who were not his brothers... gods above they were slow to catching on. Didn't they realize how bad everyone was? Not just him, or his father or mother or any of that. She was bad too, probably. It might take one quite some digging, but they'd get to her black core all the same.

He could wander around for a bit like a baboon before 'stumbling' upon the watering hole. He knew exactly which one he'd bring her to, too. "Such a lovely female like yourself shouldn't have to search alone, yeah? Same goes for such a handsome creature as myself." If he had to keep laughing at these pathetic excuses for jokes he thought he may end up sick.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 pm

"Oh....really?" Mzuka let out a sigh, leaving a grin on her face. She was really relieved now that he'd said he'd stick around. She felt a little anxious being out by herself, and while her father would probably tell her to stay far away from any friendly males, she wanted to give others the benefit of the doubt. Besides, this one didn't seem at all like her flirtatious father.

"Well then, I suppose if you've already searched some, I'll let you lead the way." Flicking her head lightly, she swished some hair from her eyes, looking at him with her pale blue eyes. "I mean, if you're alright with my company." Though, as she listened to him, there was definitely a hint of her father there. But her father was so kind, so it was probably just an odd coincidence, nothing to be worried about at all.

Lethrossen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:17 pm
He shook his snowy white mane from his face, giving her a big smile. "Of course I am okay with your company." He paused and his smile brightened. "Better than okay." He nodded his head to indicate the direction they should go in.

"Aaah, water will be nice." His tail flicked as he thought of what else to say to this female, to hook this female.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 pm
"Great!" Bouncing lightly on her toes, she took a few steps forward, expectant of which way he would lead them. "Oh! I just realized that I never got your name - I'm Mzuka." Showing a sheepish smile, she thought it only right that they should at least be on a first-name basis, if they were to temporarily wander around together. Plus, it would make her feel more at ease going off with a stranger if she in fact knew his name. That meant he wouldn't be a stranger anymore, right?

Lethrossen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:06 pm
Hmm, he hadn't even offered up a name yet. But which name to use? His own? No. No, that wouldn't do. He didn't like the idea of others' knowing his name. Especially if he was found out in another lie! "I'm Haribika!" His brother's name suited his purpose, right? "It's nice to meet you, Mzuka."

He hummed a bit as they continued on, smirking for a second before he looked to her. "Wow, it's really nice being able to explore this area with someone. Gets lonely, you know?" But the quickest way to cure loneliness, he'd found, was to spend the night with a lady.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:13 pm
"Haribika? Well, its nice to meet you, too, Haribika!" She grinned widely at him, glad to no longer be complete strangers.

"Yeah, I've found that company makes even the most dull wandering enjoyable." Padding along, she thought of all the times she'd gone off 'adventuring' by herself, only to find that doing it solo was hardly worth it. "Good thing we found each other then, right?" Looking at his red coat, she felt that she could trust this male more than some others she'd met; it was probably because they were the same strange species. This little stroll around would make for a lovely day.

Lethrossen

(( sorry to quote you twice, I editted something! >w<;;; ))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm
He nodded his head in agreement, though he honestly rather liked being on his own. Never had to be responsible for anything but yourself, and that was the life!

"It's very fortunate." He forced a smile onto his face, hoping he sounded eager and genuine. "I just hope we can find the watering hole. Do you swim, Mzuka? I fancy myself something of a very fantastic swimmer, actually. I find water to be quite… quite invigorating." That bit, at least, was true.

Mayus continues to make small talk, content to keep wandering for a while, though eventually he let his paws bring them 'randomly' to the watering hole. "Ah, look!" Let her believe they'd found it and that he hadn't actually known the whole time where it was, in fact.

Still, it would be good to at least get some company with the little miss for a while, whether he ended up spending the night alone or not.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage II [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces