Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:02 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Force sighed." Yeah, and now they have our booster on their side. Without us having any way of upping ourselves. So the X-men have an Omega, MRD has a near Omega and we got you. True we still got Magneto but when is the last time he went out to the front lines?" Force stopped and jumped up." That's it! His helmet! That blocks out all mental interference! If we can recreate that we'd have the perfect defense against Hypnos! Or you could make a field around yourself that would block all mental influences. But that'd be just for you." After that he slowly sat down again." Stood up a little too fast...." He said as he rubbed his forehead.

"I'm out of other options for now. I'd need to get over the list of new arrivals and potential powers we could use for that. Now what'd ya say bout that drink? I could use one right now."  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:27 pm
mc2
My name is Blink
though once upon a time I was called Aimee Perry

"You did tell him the Cliff Note version, right?" Blink added, repeating herself.

{Location: Warp's Apartment}

User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

"I suppose I have him the Cliff Notes version. I said, 'I helped Amp escape... willingly... I loved him...' It was definitely in a nutshell. Now I regret telling him but, the guilt of hiding something like that from him was getting to me. I thought I'd feel more relief, or that a weight would be lifted but, no, not really. I might as well kept quiet and would feel the same way, just that Warp would still be in a better mood. "

"He practically suggested to Force to go out with me, I'm apparently his type, I guess, and then he went on to say 'you may have a chance with her, she has a thing for blondes'. I basically told him earlier that I'm off the market I don't want any form of romance. It only makes things complicated and I only get screwed at the end."

She sighed to herself and folded her arms and leaned back in the chair. "Something else happened this morning before we went on the mission. His reaction scared me so much I couldn't use my power. I was banking out, I'm afraid of that happening on a mission. Has that happened to you? Where you wanted to get away but... can't?"

mc2

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:00 pm
User Image
My name is Blink

Blink groaned audibly when Shadow Walker said she had said to Warp 'I helped Amp escape... willingly... I loved him...' "No. No, no, no," Blink said to Shadow Walker. "Why'd you go and add the last part? You used the 'L' word even? Good God, that's not the cliff note version. The Cliff Note version would be 'I helped Amp escape by my own free will because I felt it was right' or something like that."

Blink sighed and added, "And Warp is always in a bad mood. He might not always obviously show it, but it's there. And if a romance goes right I think getting screwed in the end falls somewhere along the line no matter how upstanding or moral you might be. And, you might end up getting screwed at the end or over or whatever regardless. Figuratively... in actuality... take it as you want." She shook her head, before looking away as she listened to Shadow Walker's concern about her power.

"My natural inclination is to escape any situation or place I don't feel safe, problem is if you don't have a safe haven where do you run to?" Blink asked. "Even before the MRD started handing down 'let's hunt the mutants' laws, there had always been hatred towards us... fear... the idea we aren't quite human so it is fine to do as you please... It may have been mentioned that I was on the first boat to Genosha. We weren't as well known about but still a monster is a monster right? I've been in situations in my life where I couldn't run no matter how much I wanted to... as for not choking and not being able to use my power-it happens if I don't have a definitive location in my mind."

"Maybe you didn't know of a place to run or maybe you were so flustered you couldn't use your power. Fear is a powerful thing. The nice story is using your power is as natural as breathing, but it isn't. It's as ordinary as talking or walking or something like that for most people, the luckiest of our people. It is just like how someone might not call out for help if attacked even though they can, the mind just draws a blank," Blink said. "Anyways, usually it is the ones who has power that is just as natural as breathing that have the most complications-like Warp's sister, Eris and Erida, people like that. They can't stop their power. In all actuality for people like them you could say their power is probably more natural to them than breathing. It is as natural as their heart beating-it isn't something they can chose to quit doing."

"Sorry, does any of that help or am I just rambling?"

PixelMuse

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:33 pm
Nova Blancke
MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

Warp raised a brow, "Yeah, Magneto's not going to let us get a hold of that helmet of his... and thanks for your uplifting support," He added sarcastically when Force mentioned him in comparison to a near Omega and an Omega. "And, I hate to further burst your bubble, but my powers don't work like that. I can't create something out of nothing. And, I can only alter physical objects: I'm useless against a psychic if he or she is physically out of my somewhat limited range."

When Force said he was out of options for now and would need to go over the list of new arrivals and potential powers, Warp suddenly smiled, "Force, I have a question for you? Do you believe in magic? Blink coincidentally picked up an interesting catch from one of her many haunts. He's... interesting to say the least. So, I had a theory last night while probably drunk off that awful potato vodka I was talking about. Many of the poorer Romans couldn't write, so like most cultures they had scribes, well as a side business these scribes often would write curses or blessings-spells essentially to make something happen for their client. Frankly, they aren't that showy, and if you think about it wasn't really scripted. Basically the scribe would pull something out of his a** and write out a spell that sounded nice..."

"Blink's find goes by Sorcerer and apparently he is able to perform any spell he has memorized," Warp said. "I thought I'd play Roman scribe-it worked. In theory someone could make up an interesting mix of spells for him just as long as Sorcerer thinks of the spell as a spell. So, the question stands, Force, how much do you believe in magic? Because, believe in it enough... we might have a trump card... depending on his limits of course."

Warp smiled with a brow raised and said, "Hmm... a drink is sounding pretty good. After all, we do need to celebrate getting you back and the fact that a new boat brings interesting people into port all the time."

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm
Nova Blancke
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

Myth was walking around with his hands behind his back. He held a short staff firmly, giving out a strike to any student who did not have a proper form. If they knew better he wouldn't say anything. If they didn't know what they did wrong he briefly explained. His teachings were far from pampering but not cruel. After all he was here to instruct them on how to defend themselves without using their power. Felicia was practicing by herself after the other students seemed to have gotten a bit scared. Understandable. Not everyone could fight off her alter ego but he could not spend all of his time on one students as unfair as it may seem to her. Favoritism was not some Dean Nixon did. Nor did Myth.

"Alright people!" He said after some time." Next time include Felicia. If she says she has a lid on it, trust her. If you are afraid of even fighting a small girl like her because of what she can do how can you ever keep a cool head during an actual fight?!" Myth said as he continued to walk." You rarely know your enemies strengths before you fight. So do not let that frighten you. Trust in yourself and what you can do. If you stay true to yourself, you still may lose but you won't lose to yourself." Myth continued as the students stopped their sparring. They knew what came next. They formed a line and he stood opposite of them. "Now I will show you something called Krav-Maga. This is purely made for realistic fighting. Not a fighting sport with flashy moves or kata's or forms as they are called. This is about technique, about the effectiveness of taking out your enemy. Disarming them from knifes and guns. Not bound by rules besides those of the law nor honor. Everything is allowed. It's not a sport, this is a system for self defense. But the best advice for a fight is still the same. Don't get in one." He said with a bit of a laugh.

"You will practice with the person to your left. David! Come here. You're my rag-doll for now." With a groan one of the older students walked up to him already preparing himself. Myth told him what to do and how he would retaliate. After showing how to defend yourself from a strike with a knife the rest of the class were instructed practice that move.

User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia's ears flattened as Mr. Nixon pointed her out, but it had to be done and he had a point. She was the last to line up, because this was her first class after all. She looked to her right since she was at the end. Her opponent was a boy with white hair. Like Mr. Nixon said, she had no idea what he was capable of. They practice the maneuver their teacher taught them. Taking turns on who was doing what. The boy seemed to hold back a little fearing that he may accidentally unleash the beast within. But the more they did the exercise the less hesitant he was. Perhaps there really isn't anything to worry about with the new girl.

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:56 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

She frowned as Blink came up with a better way to deliver the news to Warp. "Oh bother, I really wish I asked you what to say first… I really blew it, didn't I?" she rubbed her head.

As she continued to talk about romance and was feeling uncomfortable. She has yet to have her first kiss, no where close to that level of intimacy. Then Blink continued on to answer her other issue that was troubling her. "I think you're right, it's more like talking. I guess at that point my mind simply drew a blank."

"I believe Force and Warp pointed out that it's important that I feel safe when I go to sleep…I'm not sure if I will be feeling safe here tonight. I might end up waking up in Africa or in some rainforest. Like what happened before my parents finally invested in a light bed for me, to keep me there. I think the less secure I feel the further away I go. I've been feeling mostly safe here since I end up at least staying in the same apartment at least. But as far as today's events unfolded I probably will wake up somewhere else. I somehow figured out how to get back to my old room but I'm not sure if I can make it back here ok…. Force did mention something like… Oh what was it? An isolation chamber? How would I go about requesting one of those?"

mc2

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:35 am
User Image
My name is Blink

Blink smiled slightly when Shadow Walker said she should have went to her to figure out what to say. "I study literature and am English teacher here. I'm the daughter of a leading Shakespearean expert, a professor at Cornell... and I've known Warp for a few years now... it is only natural I'm better at wording things. Regardless, no use crying over spilled milk..."

She glanced at the still closed door of Warp's room and said, "You know I like Africa. I go camping there a lot to get away. And actually, if you think about it we're like Madagascar, we might not be a part of the mainland but if you asked what continent we live on technically it would be Africa. Fun facts for you..."

"And, Force suggested an isolation chamber? Is he trying to give you nightmares? God, those things creep me out, I feel trapped," Blink said. "If you wanted I can request one easily enough, it is just filling out some paperwork. Normally takes about 24 hours to get one to you... some of the guys who work there like me though so I could get it expressed ordered so maybe six to eight hours depending on how swamped they are."

"Anyways, it is about feeling safe when you sleep... the reasons teleporters make jumps while they are sleeping so often is that like some people sleep talk, we sleep teleport," Blink said. "Or we do if something is amiss in our psyche or whatever. You could just go to my place tonight and sleep. I wouldn't normally offer this but I get your worries, so we could hold hands and if you make a jump you'd end up pulling me along. If you can't get back on your own you have me. Of course you have the odds of going on one of my sleeping travels too. Some places, I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be... um... comfortable waking up, but don't worry if I realize what I have done I can get us back right away. I've had enough practice."

PixelMuse

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Oh did you need to me specifically mention that you're Alpha-Omega?" Force replied at Warp's sarcasm." And I don't think you've tried. So you'd need to practice with that. You create forcefields and manipulate whatever's inside. It's your own little world right there. And as you often say...you are a god within your territory. So if you do not want or allow any Psychics messing with your mind while you are in your bubble....they might not even be able to. Try to set rules to those forcefields. You should try it if you haven't already." Force explained his idea further.

"Magic? Not really, no such thing. It's most likely reality manipulation. Which is in fact quite special on it's own. He just calls it magic because that's how he recognized it. It manifested in a way that he can understand. But that still gives him great potential." Force showed a bit of a grin. " Oh I'd love to get my hands on that guy to see what he can do. His range mostly. I wonder....what about Runes....hmmm yes that might work..." He mumbled a bit to himself at the end.

'Yeah I can definitely work with that.....yeah this is gonna be fun." He laughed. He was so looking forward to working with that guy." He got up and walked towards the door."Shall we go and interrupt their girl talk?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:50 pm
Nova Blancke
MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

"Next thing I know you are going to start asking me to bring the dead back to life," Warp said sarcastically. "Actually, come to think of it, I have done that with a plant or two... anyways, to practice I would have to have a psychic on hand to test the theory out. I'm not agreeing to that. Psychics aren't exactly overly common and the ones I can think of off the top of my head... I'd like to keep them out of my head or I don't want to dodge another lamp-sorry it was a wine glass last I saw her."

"Anyways, his reality manipulation has its limits just like most homo-superiors with any ability to manipulate reality," Warp said. "Mine is my force-fields. His is at the very least of having some sort of structured 'spell' to use. Even, though, I'm fluent in Latin-something I drunkenly wrote up isn't exactly legitimate. Got to admit though, things sound more impressive in Latin... have fun figuring out that. I can get you in touch with some of the people I use to bounce ideas off of who are experts or highly skilled in particular fields if you want, too."

Warp shrugged and said wryly, "I think it is more of saving Shadow Walker from Blink, potentially."

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:34 pm
User Image
Calamity
Affiliation: Genosha Brotherhood
Power: Magnetokinesis (Moderate Control)

~~~~~

Calamity had spent his day running around, getting to know the city. A good thing for new places was to get to know their ins and outs, back alleys, places to hide, places for food, etc. It always helped him when he was a thief on his own. If he knew the place like the back of his hand, he could go anywhere faster than anyone chasing him.
Thanks to his new found abilities, he'd been able to map most of the city in his head, based on the different magnetic fields around the city.
As he made his way back, he noticed some of the lights on upstairs. Everyone was back!
He jogged up to the door and knocked on it. "I'm back, guys!" he called out.

~~~~~
Dark Calamity
Power: Magnetokinesis (Moderate-High Control)

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Gotta keep an open mind to these sorts of things. In this case...literally. Maybe if Magneto would let you examine the helmet so you can duplicate it we wouldn't need to to try to be immune within your bubble. So it would be useful for the future." Force replied as they walked through the door.

"Yeah I'll let you know if I need their expertise I dunno if the guy has a limit to his spells usage." Force greeted the ladies" Ladies, how about that drink? We got some celebrating to do." He turned his attention back to Warp. "Maybe I can even convince him to take a mana potion or something to replenish his ability to cast spells, Man this is gonna be fun!"

He was about to say something before being interrupted by a boy knocking on the door. He took the liberty of opening to door. He just gave Warp a look, more like a curious frown. Warp's place pretty much was a gathering point. When he opened he saw this...kid standing there. He seemed happy enough. But Force was curious on how he'd react to him. Mostly his piercing black and golden eyes. It's always fun to see that. White hair...not too tall. Kinda small actually. Force didn't consider himself tall but he stood around 5'11. This kid...not so much. His eye did fall upon his weapon. Small Ninjata. Which was interesting because Force prefers similar weapons. It works well with his power.

"Sup?" Force asked. More of a comment really. He seemed to know Warp at least so he let him in." You wouldn't happen to be this Sorcerer Warp was talking about right? Or are you the other new recruit? If so welcome to the team! I'm Force. If you got any questions about your power, explain everything to me and I most likely will be able to help you out." He said cheerfully. Sure he was still tired but slowly feeling better.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:15 pm
User Image
Calamity

~~~~~

Calamity tilted his head slightly and looked up at the man who had opened the door. He didn't recognize him, but he had a friendly manner. He had some really cool eyes. As the man let him in, he glanced at Warp. He seemed to be on well terms with the man. Then the man introduced himself. "Oh! I'm not Sorcerer. Trust me, you'll know him when he gets here. I'm Calamity." he said, spreading his arms and flicking his wrist. "I'm the new recruit, but Sorcerer is newer by a few days."
"As for my power, I'm decently strong, and have a lot to learn. Magnetic forces are my thing. Just like Magneto." he smiled, his eyes growing big. Magneto was one of his heroes, and he was excited to have a similar power.
He scrutinized the man named Force. From what he'd seen, Calamity liked him. He was pretty cool and friendly.

Cool and friendly, my butt. Watch out for this guy. whispered Dark inside Calamity's head. Well, look who's back. Calamity thought back.
With no reply from Dark, Calamity moved further into the room. He reached out with one hand and his blade began to break apart. In a matter of moments it was now a steel dust. The dust raced up his arm and flattened onto it, coating his arm in a plain metal bracelet about 4 inches long. He grinned. He'd only started working with steel recently, and he was glad with how it molded to his will so easily.

~~~~~
Dark Calamity

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:19 pm
Nova Blancke
MC MagicianOfBlackChaos
ProphecyDestroyer

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

"Duplicate it? Sure, if I had the same material to work with," Warp snorted at the idea Force presented of duplicating the helmet. "I can't create something out of nothing. Not in my skill set. And are you trying to break every law of physics possible?" Warp added in regards to the idea of a mana potion. "And, I'd rather not have that open of a mind."

He sighed as Force opened the door and greeted Calamity. The kid was surprisingly cheerful, but then again Warp was well aware of the kids duality in personality. At least the cheerful persona was easier to manage. Crossing his arms, he raised a brow as Calamity cheerfully explained his power and compared it to Magneto. "Oh yes," Warp said to Force, "I happened upon him a few weeks ago... gave him an invitation. He has potential, but for the problem we were discussing I don't see how his power would be particularly helpful..."

Warp thought silently to himself, And, there is the question of how mentally stable he might be... "Also," Warp said his blue eyes watching as Calamity played with the metal blade he had carried using his powers, "there is the fact we have a lot of people who are technically Brotherhood members who go on very few missions. And, after the incident with Amp, I'm less inclined to risk younger members and expose them to most missions."

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:34 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"What powers are useful in your eyes man? The kid can stop bullets, bend metal doors if he wants to. Sure if he's stronger. He's like a mini-me version of Magneto. Just a better fashion sense. I mean who wears a cape?You just let me worry about getting him stronger. Same goes for Shadow over there. One less thing you'd have to worry about. I'll make em useful to you." Force said as he closed to door behind Calamity.

He looked at his hand a made a fist out of it. He wondered how much of his own power was back. Or rather how much he had manage to recover. Calamity's blade changed into a bracelet.Impressive, it seemed more like metal manipulation than magnetism. " Impressive, can you change it back with the same sharpness or is that reduced?"

Next thing he did was go to the kitchen to open the fridge, It's where the booze was. " So who wants what?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:17 pm
User Image
Calamity

~~~~~

Calamity frowned slightly. I can be helpful... I took that one guy's swords from him, and trapped the other guy.

I believe I did that first part, genius. thought Dark. Yeah, but I did the last part. Calamity retorted.
He glanced up as Force was asking him about his power. "Oh. Well, with only thought I can bring it back to the original shape, but it will probably be duller. If I focused my power through my other hand, though, it would be just as sharp as ever." He demonstrated by wiping his right arm across the metal bracelet. It shifted down his arm and formed into the blade in his hand. He ran his hand along the blade and the steel dust fixed itself to pristine conditions. He brought it in front of his face, where it reflected a shaft of light.
He grinned. He loved working with the smaller specks of metal, shaping them to his will.
He then looked at Warp. "You know, if you're looking for Sorcerer, remember you gave each of us a phone? You could call him." He looked back over to Force as he returned the blade into its bracelet form. "If there's any soda, that works." he called.

~~~~~
Dark Calamity

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games