Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:43 pm
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

"We'll this isn't helping." Felicia pouted. She tried to figure out this whole meditation on her own. But she wasn't sure if she wasn't doing it right. Mr. Nixon did mention doing some meditation after class, hopefully he could help clear things up. For now since no one wanted to spar with her because of seeing Kerana. She didn't want to give up, she decided to practice what Mr. Nixon taught her, on her own. It wasn't the same as sparing with someone though.

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 am
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Myth was walking around with his hands behind his back. He held a short staff firmly, giving out a strike to any student who did not have a proper form. If they knew better he wouldn't say anything. If they didn't know what they did wrong he briefly explained. His teachings were far from pampering but not cruel. After all he was here to instruct them on how to defend themselves without using their power. Felicia was practicing by herself after the other students seemed to have gotten a bit scared. Understandable. Not everyone could fight off her alter ego but he could not spend all of his time on one students as unfair as it may seem to her. Favoritism was not some Dean Nixon did. Nor did Myth.

"Alright people!" He said after some time." Next time include Felicia. If she says she has a lid on it, trust her. If you are afraid of even fighting a small girl like her because of what she can do how can you ever keep a cool head during an actual fight?!" Myth said as he continued to walk." You rarely know your enemies strengths before you fight. So do not let that frighten you. Trust in yourself and what you can do. If you stay true to yourself, you still may lose but you won't lose to yourself." Myth continued as the students stopped their sparring. They knew what came next. They formed a line and he stood opposite of them. "Now I will show you something called Krav-Maga. This is purely made for realistic fighting. Not a fighting sport with flashy moves or kata's or forms as they are called. This is about technique, about the effectiveness of taking out your enemy. Disarming them from knifes and guns. Not bound by rules besides those of the law nor honor. Everything is allowed. It's not a sport, this is a system for self defense. But the best advice for a fight is still the same. Don't get in one." He said with a bit of a laugh.

"You will practice with the person to your left. David! Come here. You're my rag-doll for now." With a groan one of the older students walked up to him already preparing himself. Myth told him what to do and how he would retaliate. After showing how to defend yourself from a strike with a knife the rest of the class were instructed practice that move.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:22 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

Force had finished washing away all of the filth that was stuck on him. All those days of not showering has it's way of showing. Warp just healed his exterior but he still felt every knot of muscles that he gained during his stay. A good massage was what he needed right now. The former prisoner was now sitting in the shower with his arms wrapped around legs. His forehead leaning on his knees.

He wasn't sure how long he stayed like that. God he was tired. It was hard keeping up this facade of being okay. Keep on saying you're okay and you'll eventually believe it yourself. But he knew he was not okay. They beat him..over....and over. Secretly he was hoping to go there and slaughter all of them. With a sigh he slowly got up. It took a surprisingly considerable amount of effort. Drying himself went a lot easier. He looked better now but still tired. Just when he was about to get changed, he noticed....he didn't bring any clothes with him besides his old dirty ones. After taking a good look around he still didn't find anything. Guess they were still in Warps Bedroom. Wrapping the towel around his waist he opened the door to the living room. " Yeah kinda forgot to get those clothes. Could you bring me something Warp or should I go get it myself?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:29 pm
PixelMuse
Nova Blancke

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

Warp set down the paper he was liberally marking with red when Force opened his door to the guest bathroom and asked if he should go get something or if Warp wanted to get something for him. Warp glanced up and said, "Why the Hell did you use that bathroom? I thought you were going to use the bathroom connected to my room: the shower head is better there."

Blink glanced over at Force and said not bothering to avert her gaze as she crossed her arms, "Actually, I can personally attest to that... as can Viper, coincidentally."

Warp shot Blink a glare before a forcefield pulled from her leg a small chip. Holding it in his hand he said, "If you were curious how Erida was stalking you so easily this is why. I'll put it back in your femur if I have to hear any further comments on how you used my apartment one weekend while I was gone like some pay by the hour hotel room."

He got up and waved Theonis over, "Force, just cut across to my room... your covered enough. I'll help you find something that'll work for you." He opened the door to his bedroom and waited for Theonis to cut across. Warp figured he could check in more on Theonis in private about what exactly went on with the MRD and his confinement.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

Catherine was going to decline Blink's request to grade her English papers when Force entered the room. She felt rather nervous, for this was the first time she seen a guy almost naked. She looked away almost feeling ashamed looking at the guy. A small part of wish I was Amp instead of Force. Not that Force wasn't nice to look at. She just wanted to focus on the floor until he and Warp went to the bedroom.

"I told him this morning…about Amp… he didn't take it to well… I was lucky enough he decided not to tell Magneto. I feel awful."

mc2

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:36 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"I dunno, guess I was thinking bout my own bathroom." He hoped he at least sounded a bit better than how he was feeling. He wasn't expecting any strange looks. Blink wasn't looking away but Shadow did. Force chuckled a bit upon seeing that. Teasing made him feel a little better. It didn't take him long to cross the room and enter Warp's room. The moment he entered he sat down on the edge of the bed, elbows leaning on his knees with his face buried in his hands. While waiting for Warp to close the door he let out a sigh.

"You have no idea man....that collar...." Force said softly. That little tease he did...the energy he got from that was already got and he was back to being tired.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:23 am
Nova Blancke

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

Warp shut the door and leaning against the door, made no usual comment about the fact he'd rather not have guys in or on his bed. Instead he leaned against the door, arms crossed watching Force. "I never got the honors of being collared; however, I do know the mechanics of one. However, since Amp can now drain powers I did experience that, though, it wears off on its own and it isn't dangerous to your health from what I have seen. Those collars are a lot different. I suppose I know what it feels like to lose one's power but like I said those collars are a lot different."

He crossed his room and pulled open a drawer from his bedside table and picked up a collar and tossed it on the bed beside Force before heading to the closet, "Those collars work remarkably well at draining powers, the problem is that they also slowly kill you in the process. I hear it isn't pleasant. Hell, the MRD themselves aren't that pleasant. Humanity itself isn't particularly pleasant."

He pulled out a random set of clothes and said, "Tell me if this stuff fits or not. If not I can resize the clothes..." Letting out a sigh he said, "Force, I'm not going to be irritated at whatever you answer, you've already had your ordeal, but in my position I need to ask two questions. What information did they get from you while they had you in captivity and did you glean anything useful from your time that can help our cause, and if so, what? After all, the MRD isn't beyond torture, and a person can say a lot of incriminating things and do a lot of things they wouldn't normally when in dire enough straights..."

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:35 am
User Image
My name is Blink
though once upon a time I was called Aimee Perry

{Location: Warp's Apartment}

When Warp closed the door behind him and Force, Blink turned hearing Shadow Walker's statement about telling Warp about the Amp situation. Blink let out a few coughs and turned staring at the purple haired girl, who was actually taller now that Blink wasn't wearing heels. "Exactly how much did you tell him?" Blink said. "Please tell me you told him the Cliff Notes version... Hell if you didn't you'll have to sleep with him or something to get him to calm down... actually that won't work, come to think of it. He's on an absence kick for like the past three months and well I've tried that trick before... he's unfortunately not that stupid."

"And, he never was one to tell Magneto about people's mistakes or whatever," Blink sighed. "He has a big brother complex that was piled on with being told enough he's essentially a god-which I suppose considering his powers would make him like a demi-god or whatever. Anyways, a big brother complex and a god complex, yeah, he's not the type to point fingers or rat someone out especially to Magneto... And, if you think you are a god that just puts all the responsibility on you. He probably thinks it is his fault. Hell, he thinks everything is his fault. He was like that when he first got here and he's only gotten worse since he took over the Brotherhood."

"You did tell him the Cliff Note version, right?" Blink added, repeating herself.

PixelMuse

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:41 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Yeah, it slowly kills you. You can feel like there's part of you locked away. You can feel it...just..out of reach. Like an itch you can't scratch. It's like....you're not complete. That alone is maddening." Force said slowly with a sigh." But really? I just got that ******** thing off and you fling one around. Way to be considerate." Force replied as he was trying on Warp's clothes. "But thanks for the clothes."

"Nah, I get it man. It's your job. But serioulsy what could I have told them? I'm a reserve for the Brotherhood. Told them bout the other members, but they knew about them already. Figures right? You've been on plenty of missions with them. Information about their relatives...friends...anything that could give them some kind of edge. They wanted to know about your sister. Figured it'd be good leverage against you. I told em it's their own graves they were digging with that. I don't have access to any important stuff."

"The majority of information I got was from Hypnos. That guy just does what he wants for his own entertainment. He mentioned the Black Reaper a few times, like he knew the guy. If that's the case than he either had contact with him through his mental prowess or actually knew him. So that'd means that the guy is also hiding in the MRD."

He had finished dressing himself. " Not bad...it fits just fine. Little tight round the shoulders but that's no biggie."  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:41 am
Nova Blancke

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

"Why do you think I know so much about those collars? Do you think Raven and I regularly meet up for hook-ups? Hell, she finds out I hook up with her best friend while we were dating... yeah, no matter how hot I may find her, I forever friend-zoned myself on that one," Warp said picking up the collar. "Actually, I'm surprised she hasn't at least put me in one of those mental illusion limbos she can pull off... you think I would have one lying around for no good reason-it's for research purposes."

He sighed and said, "While my sister is obviously decent leverage against me there is also the possibility they would be curious to learn more about her power. If they could mimic her ability of total control, eliminate her limits by eye contact... we'd all be screwed as a race. Anyways, while you may not have any access to any important information, minute details can be dangerous in the wrong hands too."

Leaning against the wall he considered what Force said about Hypnos and the mention of the Black Reaper, unknown quantities. He knew where the X-men stood generally. He knew where Genosha stood. And, he knew where the MRD claimed to stand and regardless of their stand they weren't beneficial to the homo-superior community as a whole. Hypnos. The Black Reaper. Those two were unknown quantities in the equation, he didn't like it. "Does Hypnos have any weaknesses? Would there be an opening to use? He has a link to two dangerous quantities without calculating in his unpredictability."

He had his arms crossed and was tapping his fingers on his arms as he tried to calculate the best way to handle the problem as Force pulled on the shirt. "Sorry I can't create items like extra fabric," He said about the shirt being a bit tight in the shoulders. Straightening, Warp began to pace and said, "And since when have the MRD started letting homo-superiors in? They are playing with fire..."

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 am
User Image
Sebastian Arkain
Physik

Sebastian snapped awake with a start. He had been sitting in his chair with his feet on his desk when he had dozed off. He looked around. The students were done for the most part and were socializing like most high school students do. Sebastian yawned lightly and glanced at the clock. He swung his feet from his desk and stood up. "Alright, guys, that's enough of that. Let's get down to the fun part."
He walked over to a cleared part of his desk and pulled out several items from drawers. A pan and lid, cloth, thread and needle, lighter fluid, and a lighter. "Fire is made up of light and heated gases from combustion. Many times, how hot or how cool a flame is can be controlled by what the fuel is that is being set alight. The color can be changed, the flames can be made to roar, basically the properties of the flame can be changed based on the conditions around it. Subsequently, we'll work on cooling the flame so that it wont burn us if we hold it." He picked up some of the cloth and crumpled it into a ball. He took the needle threaded it through the ball, tying the thread around it.
"Here we have a ball made of 0 cotton. If we were to say," he dropped it into the pan and poured the lighter fluid on it. "Douse it in this lighter fluid, and then," he brought the lighter close and lit it.
Flames sprung up from the ball of cloth. He reached his hand down and scooped it up into his palm.
"For those of us that are not pyrokinetically inclined, this is a nifty way to hold the fire in our hands. You see, the fluid burns at a fairly low temperature of about 40 degrees Fahrenheit and combusts at closer to 400 degrees. Therefore, while it's already on fire, it cools down while maintaining a flame."
He waved his other hand over the ball, running it through the flame. [b}The cone of the fire, however, is still incredibly hot." He dropped the ball back into the pan. The flame is very difficult to blow out. Therefore, it's easier to just," he dropped the lid of the pan onto it and picked it back up. "Suffocate it." The flame had died down, true enough.
"Are there any questions before we begin? If not, I'd like you all to partner up and begin. You'll find the material you need on my desk. Be careful, one of you is bound to get burned and that takes a lot of paperwork that I don't feel like doing."

Inventory:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:22 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"It's a good thing they can't get to her very easily then huh?" Force replied regarding Cassandra.

"I think Hypnos is overly arrogant. He pretty much told me what he could do. Protective forcefields, Telekinesis, Blocking our powers...it's a long list. I'll give you all the details later. Everything I know. Anyway, he thinks he can do anything with that power of his. And frankly....unless we find some way to block him from our minds, he can do anything. But without his powers he should be an easy target. But you do have a point.....just having him step through one of them detectors would set it off. So...maybe....he made friends with some people in very high places. In a manner of speaking."

"So let's safely assume they both know either other and both reside with the MRD. Both of them'd have to avoid detectors. Hypnos could alter minds so it'd be like he should be there. The Black Reaper on the other hand can't. What if....what if, he could somehow hide his abilities from these detectors. He could walk around in plain sigh and nobody would be all the wiser. Sure we'd have to cross reference every place he was to the people with unknown locations but that'd be a massive undertaking." Force replied. Thinking like this did help ease his mind. It was a distraction. And it was working. "Has anything happened with the MRD recently that almost seemed to being going too smooth or convenient"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 am
Nova Blancke

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

"It's too bad Cassie isn't the type to willingly work with us," Warp countered to Force. "It could be possible she could trump Hypnos in the right situation. With psychics its about who is most powerful wins. This guy is at the very least a high level Alpha homo-superior, if not an Omega, but what is limiting Cassie's power is eye contact. If Hypnos thought he could trump her power, which is essentially a very high level psychic type power of persuasion, he'd be more open to taking stupid risks. It would be a gamble of course, and like I said, Cassie would never willingly agree to work with the Brotherhood."

"As it is we have no one to counter what Hypnos could do, unless Amp was able to disable the guys power first and leave him open. However, he's over with the X-men now so that's out of the question too," Warp sighed. "And the thing with the Black Reaper is he steals powers-he has mine, Shadow Walkers, a few others from what I've heard. He's an unknown variable. He could have picked up a variety of powers that would hide his abilities. We used to have Amp back in the day for detecting mutants and their powers but that's been shot to Hell and again."

"And about the MRD, the vice head Jason Ritcher took control, then again, thanks to the fact I rewired a sentinel to target homosapiens until the X-men decided to be all noble and save them, it would make sense to fire the current Head or blame it on someone at the very least. Ritcher, unfortunately, is a paranoid b*****d and has it so the only way to get any new data on what the MRD is doing is to actually bring a hacker directly to the computer mainframe which no one has ever seen so it would be walking in blind," Warp said, irritated. "What is interesting besides their new sentinel is the new official angle the MRD is taking on the 'mutant problem'... we're apparently unfortunate individuals who are sick and need a cure."

With a sigh Warp sat down on his bed and said, "We're basically running blind. We can't really make a move without a personal invitation practically. The X-men won't do anything unless it involves saving lives... and how dangerous is the Brotherhood if technically our hands are tied and we are running blind?" Warp muttered a few curses under his breath making a fist in irritation. However, he supposed the fact Force of all people was imprisoned gave them an advantage Warp hadn't foreseen, after all Force was intelligent, brilliant really. Force was the type he'd notice important things and could find holes that others equally brilliant might also have missed. There was a reason he called in Force's help sometimes besides the usefulness of his powers.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:23 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Tsss...sickness huh? They should focus on fixing the other mutational sickness that is cancer. But ******** man...he absorbs powers? His DNA must be really unstable to accept other mutations. Can't be healthy for the guy. We could overload him by tossing him into a crowd of homo superiors. Just a theory for now."

"Is there anything else that happened? Any advantage that we gained through what might seem as a loss at first? Any thing. " Force replied." You said Myth was here. How did that happen? It's not like he'd come and visit for shits and giggles." Force said as Warp sat down on the bed as well." Shadow could drag him into her little world and leave him there. But his range is quite far while she....hasn't gotten complete control over hers yet. Sniping is an option but again...it'd have to be from a really far away place.There's always Alexavier. Psychics don't affect him but he's too....uncontrollable." He took a small pause." You don't wanna endanger Blink, she could in theory teleport him to space.Or....leak some juicy info about him to the X-men. A danger like that with the MRD? They would investigate. Perhaps even use Cerebro. If he is as strong as he claims he is then he would notice and turn his gaze on them. Perhaps the entire MRD. But then again...he could find your sister."

"If only we had some way to disable him or overload him if that's even possible. Did Amp ever talk about that? I mean weaker homo superiors get a massive boost. What would happen to an Omega or near Omega class?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:49 am
Nova Blancke

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

"I'm just telling you the MRD's new PR presentation. If you think about it, the plan is smart if they do in fact have a way to permanently disable our powers or alter the X-gene that causes our powers and in both of our cases and many others physical alterations," Warp said. "And it probably isn't healthy for the guy, especially considering he picked up at least three powers from the sound of it in one setting alone. Risking others on a probably isn't something I'm willing to do; however."

"Myth was here because the X-men decided to stage a rescue of Cassie when we temporarily had her in our custody here at Genosha," Warp said. "Myth can now create living creatures apparently-he used a dragon to escape our custody, triggered because Alexavier is too reckless and apparently found some sealed corner of the guy's mind... He's no doubt Omega level. Apparently, Blink teleported the dragon, Myth, and herself eventually to the bottom of the Atlantic before teleporting back here. Her range has improved, no doubt, though all that had her fairly drained."

Warp glanced at Force and said, "And I could just call the X-men. I have their main number and at least one of the X-men's personal phone number. And, I have a feeling in the case of Hypnos at the very least, the guy would be an idiot if Cerebro could track his movements. The Black Reaper might not be able to block a psychic search using Cerebro, however..."

"And, we do have a way to disable either of their powers," Warp added picking up the mutant collar. "You don't think this is the only one lying around in our possession, now do you? And, Amp's power is complicated. He does amplify powers in a sense but it is more that his power is to counter the weaknesses of another's power. The only thing that keeps me from being a true Omega is my range, thus Amp's power amplified that. Cassie requires eye contact to use her powers-Amp eliminates it to anyone in her line of sight or so he claims. It is hard to say what Amp could do with an Omega level homo-superior. It is fairly pointless to discuss because he'll side with Cassie either way and she chose the X-men, though, she is more of the type she chooses things on what benefits her best. She may have matured as she grew up and with the X-men, but you can't eliminate a personality trait that is so ingrained. She's ultimately selfish and with the type of power she has it is a dangerous combination." He shrugged with a sigh.

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games