Did you guys pack a shoebox?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:45 pm
Did you guys pack a shoebox full of toys and tolietries for kids in 3rd world countries? If so, what did you pack? heart heart heart

The deadline for them has passed, but you can always do it next year!

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm
Isn't that the group that makes people sit through a long sales pitch, er, Prayer Group before allowing people to receive aid? Like shifty real estate salesmen with tickets to Disneyland?

Yeah, no, I'm sorry. When I help people, I like to make sure I'm actually helping them....

Make a shoe box. Go out into the nearest big city. Find people who need aid. Cut out the money grubbing, prayer spewing middle men. That's how I do it.  

Matt Pniewski

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:39 pm
Matt Pniewski
Isn't that the group that makes people sit through a long sales pitch, er, Prayer Group before allowing people to receive aid? Like shifty real estate salesmen with tickets to Disneyland?

Yeah, no, I'm sorry. When I help people, I like to make sure I'm actually helping them....

Make a shoe box. Go out into the nearest big city. Find people who need aid. Cut out the money grubbing, prayer spewing middle men. That's how I do it.

Im not sure, do you have a link or something to questionable practices by them? These boxes go to 3rd world countries.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:37 pm
I used to do it, but havent in years. I usually would put coloring books, crayons, tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair pins, combs, brushes, little toys, etc.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 pm
Call Me Apple
Matt Pniewski

Im not sure, do you have a link or something to questionable practices by them? These boxes go to 3rd world countries.

I don't know if this was the group I read about or not. But then again, that's kinda why I am very picky about what charities get my money. Don't want to find out that I've given to people with unethical practices.

I saw the name and it sounded familiar. I honestly don't know. My point was more about be picky about who you donate to. Which is why most of my charity is Chicago-Oriented. Because I know EXACTLY where every cent goes.  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games