Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[APPROVED] Shinigami (?) || Khoric Timothy Baasis Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:36 am
Hero alias: Shinigami ?
Powers/abilities: The Analytical Eye -- Much like the eyes of shinigami from Death Note, he is able to see the 'stats' of people; their health and heart-rate, breathing rate and things like that. He can generally tell when you're lying because of this, in a way his eyes see 'truth'. And it can't be 'turned off'.

Black Armor -- Since his contact with the unnatural force, his body has been mutating/changing slowly. Certain parts of his skin have turned into this sort of black armor which seems to be impervious to many things. He's found black feathers in his bed as well, though he's not quite sure what that's about just yet.

Which area is the character based/from: Northeastern Ronth
Age upon entering academy: 14
How did your character get their powers: Due to the desperation of their situation, they found a strange and sinister man (at least what seemed to be a man) to make a deal with them. However, the trade was the promise of Khoric's servitude for a better life. This 'servitude' had never been exactly specified, but upon agreement of Khoric's bloody handprint sealed his fate on an old piece of parchment; written across it many ancient scribblings. Little did he know that he would be seeing much of this strange man in the times to come. From the moment his hand touched the parchment, he could feel something had changed inside him; even if the effects were not immediate.

The Deal -- The Cause ;; After Khoric's mother's death, his father and him went through a very difficult time not only financial. It was a harsh emotional blow for the both of them in many different ways. For his father, it brought him to desperation of the worst kind: loan sharks. He borrowed x-amount of money in order for he and Khoric to get by while trying to procure a stable job. But that proved difficult over the years, and he would move from one job to the next every few months. After being given a set amount of time to pay his debt with interest and being unable to, the loan sharks were obviously going to turn to killing him and then force Khoric to work for them. Being unable to bear this, that was when Khoric found the mysterious man. (Or really was it the mysterious man found him?)

The Result ;; The mysterious man refused to take Khoric's father into servitude, saying that he was too old and would be unable to train. He would only accept the deal if it was Khoric's hand on the table, being a young boy of 14. The terms of the deal were precisely this: the loan shark's money paid in full and enough left over for the two of them to live comfortably in trade of Khoric's future servitude.

The Logic ;; Khoric's father didn't want him to go through with it because the definition of 'servitude' was extremely vague and the man would not elaborate on the matter. For Khoric though, this deal was necessary in order to ensure that his father would not die and that the two of them would be able to survive more comfortably in the future. Even if that meant sacrificing his freedom at a later point, it was better than serving the syndicate and facing the death threats and constant instability of the way things worked in that sort of system. Khoric would rather take the unknown on the basis that choosing so would mean a better life at the very least for his father as opposed to neither of them at all.

Motivation for entering academy: The changes that were happening to his body were beginning to cause a mental strain and his father didn't know what else to do for him. Going to the doctor was out of the question. Khoric needed a place to better understand his changes, and SA seemed like the most appropriate place. However he himself has no real understanding as to why he came to SA, it was only on his father's prodding that he decided to go. He could see no down side except for being away from his father.

Strengths: Logic -- He is a great strategist/analyzer. He processes information quickly.

All Seeing Eyes -- His eyes are his main asset at the moment. He can see people's stats and body information.

Weaknesses: Lack of Physical Training -- Low stamina, no combat training whatsoever. Though he's beginning to grow the black armor, he would prove useless in battle in his current state.

Lack of Working with Others -- Because he's socially awkward, working with others is difficult for him. Especially with his strong opinions and coming off brash, but at least he can see others' points of view even if he thinks they're stupid.

Personality: Talks to Himself -- Because Khoric is a bit of a loner, he ended up talking to himself a lot. So even in a crowd of people of whom he knows no one, he will start talking to himself audibly. Commenting on anything, giving his opinion on whatever he sees. He is extremely blunt, with little tact.

Awareness -- He is aware that he is terribly honest to a fault, and when he says things without thinking he will apologize in this sort of cranky way of his. But he wouldn't retract his opinion, he would just apologize on if it was harsh or hurt their feelings but then proceed to fully explain why what he thinks is true. Explaining things usually gets him tongue-tied, it all always sounds so good in his head but speaking well is not a skill he possesses.

Socially Awkward -- Khoric is a loner. Talking to other people is an aggravating and uncomfortable thing to him because growing up he was always shunned or excluded. So he 'chose' to be alone as a result. He actually tends to talk a whole lot more freely alone than around other people. When around other people, he'll simply interject his opinion when something strikes him or he feels unable to 'hold his tongue'.

Logical -- Khoric is not an emotional person, at least it has been repressed into very deep parts of his subconscience. He is able to see all sides of a situation without the hinderance of selfish desires, which also then makes him indecisive. He is more concerned with the overall result being good for all involved or having the least casualties, in a sense.

Curious -- Curious in the sense that he wants to know everything, regardless of what it is or if he has a natural interest in the topic. He simply wants to know, just to know or for perhaps future use. This makes him a bit of an overachiever, hungry for knowledge.

Personal Interests -- Or lack thereof, growing up with nothing made him desire nothing. If he desired something, that would mean being unable to afford or attain it. So Khoric conditioned himself to not want anything except knowledge, because there wasn't a price on that. Not at the library anyway. In a sense, he's sheltered on things he could be enjoying. Hobbies and other sorts of things. What kind of food he likes or clothes and other material things. All that mattered had always been the necessities of life.

Putting Himself Down -- He doesn't find very much value in himself for some odd reason, as if he's disposable or replaceable. He doesn't think much of himself or find himself important. This makes him partly obliging, he will do things for others if they present a good reason for him to; much like how he would do anything for his father. Those he learns to care for, he will do anything for. This makes it difficult to insult him as he holds no pride.

Suppression -- This is unfortunately how Khoric has learned to cope with many of the things that have plagued him. His mother's death, their poverty, death threats, the deal, the changes to his body... He finds books to distract him from over-thinking about himself and the things that affect him directly. He compensates logic for the pain and sadness that he feels, reasoning out that it doesn't matter. What he feels doesn't matter as long as his father is happy and others are happy.

Longing -- (A trait that gradually grows upon entering SA.) A slow growing desire to obtain more important persons in his life thanks to the loss of his mother and the fact that the only other person in his life is his father, leaving him with only one. Being surrounded by other 'abnormal' kids like himself has made life slightly easier for him.

Unexpectedly Thoughtful -- Like when he made the deal for his father's sake, he can be surprisingly considerate of others. It is almost as if he lives to serve others, attempting to make others lives better. A small redeeming trait in his repertoire of follies, Khoric is exceptionally mindful of others. In truth, his honesty is not intended to be harmful but helpful. Constructive criticism, if you will. If he can help you, he will try his best. Though what he says may make you think otherwise of him.

Constant Reflection -- Khoric is always thinking about everything. Himself and his behavior, others and theirs. He is in perpetual scrutiny of himself and his actions. And if he isn't contemplating that, he's contemplating the actions of others. The causes, the reasons and coming up with possible explanations. His mind is in constant motion.

General backstory: Khoric is an only child in a very poor family of just himself and his father. His mother passed away when Khoric was six. He doesn't remember much about her, but everything about her that he does recall are fond memories of time he spent with her and her beauty, gentle manner and humble qualities. She died of an unknown cause.

Because all Khoric has is his father, he and his father have a close relationship. Despite the deal that was made, which he alone in the end must pay, Khoric holds no grudge over it. Khoric would do anything for his father so the choice had been ultimately his. However coping with the changes have proven difficult...

Aside from this bit of news though, Khoric, being a poor boy, spent much of his time in the public library reading about everything and everywhere. This makes him very knowledgeable. He didn't want people to think of him as unschooled because of how poor his family was so he studied a great deal on whatever he could obtain. But because he spent so much of his time with books, time with people became a burden. People had never really liked him to begin with, so he spent less and less time around them. Secluding himself instead of allowing them to push him away. They couldn't harm him if he was the one not wanting their attention, right?

On the discussion of Khoric's powers, it had been a good six months without any visible effects. But slowly he realized that he no longer needed his glasses and then soon after the visible change in his eyes took place. The logical side of him calmed his nerves over the effect, and he soon came to terms with it. But then he began seeing the 'stats', everywhere he went. And that began to haunt him. It was when parts of his skin began turning black and hard that his father told him how he'd found out about a place called Sidekick Academy.

During the beginnings of his transformation, Khoric began his research on whatever he could find pertaining to his new abilities. Through his research he discovered the legends of shinigami from the Tasea culture, which is how he came to giving himself that alias. he also began reading and researching far more on Tasea than he already had.

Looks department: He wears glasses. Or did. With his new set of eyes, he doesn't require them but keeps them as a sentiment of the 'old him'. Born with natural snow white hair, though it's been beginning to change as well. Currently standing at 5'7" with an average slim build.

Prized Possessions: A picture of his mother.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:42 am
Saving this for whatever reason.
I might do some drawings of him. emotion_awesome  

Shnazz
Crew

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am
okay brief one because I need to get back to working on my portfolio sobs

= what kind of desperate situation was it? You mentioned it in the How Get Power section but it was kinda vague and other than extreme poverty I couldn't find this desperate situation elsewhere (or I could be blind lmao)

= his all seeing-ness, its just physical stats right? I think I'd go bonkers if I had to see stuff like that all the time god...

and ... that's all actually. At first I thought he was one of those shinigami from bleach until I read on LMAO

also gdi another tall one asjakdlajfs  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 am
Yahh why did they make the deal? emotion_awesome
What was the motivation to do it?

but yeah seems like a frightening situation O v O
anything he does to cope with it...?

okie that's all c: looks good  

Yulo-chan

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:04 pm
mori-zae
okay brief one because I need to get back to working on my portfolio sobs

= what kind of desperate situation was it? You mentioned it in the How Get Power section but it was kinda vague and other than extreme poverty I couldn't find this desperate situation elsewhere (or I could be blind lmao)

= his all seeing-ness, its just physical stats right? I think I'd go bonkers if I had to see stuff like that all the time god...

and ... that's all actually. At first I thought he was one of those shinigami from bleach until I read on LMAO

also gdi another tall one asjakdlajfs

OKAY. I ADDED IT IN. 8D
Haphazardly! Haha.

And yeah, just physical stats at the moment. I think later he'll be able to see 'good intention or bad intention' sorts of things? I'm not sure. Do you think that's too much? It's kind of vague though anyway if I decided to add that in. Which I would like to. Later. emotion_awesome

Also, 5'7" for a guy isn't really THAT tall. xD
He'll be taller later though.

Yulo-chan
Yahh why did they make the deal? emotion_awesome
What was the motivation to do it?

but yeah seems like a frightening situation O v O
anything he does to cope with it...?

okie that's all c: looks good

OKAY. I sort of put it in. In another personality trait, about how he copes. 8D
Does it seem okay/better now?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 pm
OHHH that makes a lotof sense emotion_awesome YEP a lot bettter * u *

Okay another thing is

What does Khoric think about the deal?
Like, when the mysterious man said "servitude," what did Khoric think he was getting into? Like..
Did he even ask or were they just like okay
and the mysterious man was like good I'll see you later?
And now they're just waiting for him to come back and explain to Khoric why his body is changing? They have no contact with him? XD  

Yulo-chan

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:53 pm
Yulo-chan
OHHH that makes a lotof sense emotion_awesome YEP a lot bettter * u *

Okay another thing is

What does Khoric think about the deal?
Like, when the mysterious man said "servitude," what did Khoric think he was getting into? Like..
Did he even ask or were they just like okay
and the mysterious man was like good I'll see you later?
And now they're just waiting for him to come back and explain to Khoric why his body is changing? They have no contact with him? XD

Wooo! Okay!

So I added in another short section explaining Khoric's feelings on the deal in that part of his profile.
As for the mystery man, they have no way of contacting him and he won't come back into the picture until Khoric's at least sidekick. So I don't think it's necessary for that to be in the profile just yet.
That okay? 8D;

Also, thanks for the crit Yulo! : DDD <3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:29 pm
WOOOO yw!

ohohoho well played; Khoric undermines his own wants/needs. =w=

Yah this is approved in my book * u * b Nothing else to crit teehee heart

As for what you plan to do with this character..
I imagine he.... won't be doing much socializing other than offending people by accident and apologizing. lots of solo rping, since he's not going to tell anybody((unless people find out somehow?)), && because his life seems to be plagued by anxiety and mysterious things happening to him. This okay with you or did you have something else in mind?  

Yulo-chan

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm
Yulo-chan
WOOOO yw!

ohohoho well played; Khoric undermines his own wants/needs. =w=

Yah this is approved in my book * u * b Nothing else to crit teehee heart

As for what you plan to do with this character..
I imagine he.... won't be doing much socializing other than offending people by accident and apologizing. lots of solo rping, since he's not going to tell anybody((unless people find out somehow?)), && because his life seems to be plagued by anxiety and mysterious things happening to him. This okay with you or did you have something else in mind?

Just thought about what you mentioned, so I added another personality trait that I think makes sense for him. xD
But anyway, I don't mind doing solo RPs. I think he would definitely need to have RP partners that are more assertive or not afraid to approach him. Hopefully people will be willing to RP with a character like him. His dynamic with people is going to be difficult though. Haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm
OHHH that's great! Now he has a motivation to socialize with others
opens a lot of opportunities XD
Yeah it definitely would be, but now he's kinda like Anemone who's awkward but wants to get out of her shell. * u *
TABBY WOULD RP WITH HIM emotion_kirakira ((she's just always drawn to the socially awkward... emotion_eyebrow ))
But yeah that's all I have to say about him. He's pretty complete to me

Oh and is his hair going to turn black too? rofl
I remember in SA's tumblr, someone said most the guys' hair are black....... emotion_awesome  

Yulo-chan

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm
Yulo-chan
OHHH that's great! Now he has a motivation to socialize with others
opens a lot of opportunities XD
Yeah it definitely would be, but now he's kinda like Anemone who's awkward but wants to get out of her shell. * u *
TABBY WOULD RP WITH HIM emotion_kirakira ((she's just always drawn to the socially awkward... emotion_eyebrow ))
But yeah that's all I have to say about him. He's pretty complete to me

Oh and is his hair going to turn black too? rofl
I remember in SA's tumblr, someone said most the guys' hair are black....... emotion_awesome

As always, can count on Tabby. emotion_awesome
Anemone was actual partial inspiration on this character idea.
I was thinking about genderbent Anemone and then that turned into something else and here we are. emotion_awesome

I haven't decided yet. I was thinking flecks of black or his hair turning grey. Or a mix of both. :B  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 pm
mori-zae

So I was reading over the guideline stuff again cause I remembered the divinity thing. And I was wondering if 'shinigami' is considered divine. I mean technically that translates into 'death god', and that's pretty much what this contract/deal was. Does that make this quest entirely pointless? xD

Not that I was aiming to have him any time soon or anything. Though it would be nice to clarify as I'm partially attached now. Haha.  

Shnazz
Crew

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 pm
mm, tbh seiku was the one who came up with divinity as an origin. I thought it meant like, gods and stuff (ie. Zeus, Hera, etc) but for your quest, you didn't actually say the dark dude was... idk Hades or something, so I didn't think of it as divinity. o 3o;

... is he a god?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:26 pm
mori-zae
mm, tbh seiku was the one who came up with divinity as an origin. I thought it meant like, gods and stuff (ie. Zeus, Hera, etc) but for your quest, you didn't actually say the dark dude was... idk Hades or something, so I didn't think of it as divinity. o 3o;

... is he a god?

Well the mystery guy isn't. He's more like a demon/dark spirit person. Thing.
But the contract/seal/parchment is to obtain 'death reaper' abilities/do the job. Though I suppose it's not necessarily an actual 'god', he's bound by rules and laws of what the shinigami are. And he's not immortal, perhaps an extended lifespan.

So no.
He's not a god.
Did I just answer my own question? xD;  

Shnazz
Crew

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:31 pm
okay so he's like, an evil,
thing.

doesn't sound particularly divine to me so I think it should be okay yes * U*b