Dathcharu'kai was growing bored of the mortal realm. There were too many of his sisters little minions to keep him in check, and there was a looming sense of death that he couldn't quite shake. He wondered if the fates around him wanted him to die. Honestly, he wouldn't mind too much if it meant his sister's grip on him loosened. But nothing happened, and there was too much unknown swirling around him that drove him crazy. Like a fly buzzing in the ears of a wildebeest, Dath had decided to leave the mortal realm for a bit and return to the God Haven. He hated this place so much, but at least that constant sense of looming left him. It was almost free here, as boring as it could be.

His golden eyes glanced to the side, noticing that no matter what he did, he would never escape Sei's control. One of her children, the one of the Woods, was lingering nearby, obviously lagging on his duties. Dath thought that he was a model god, creating chaos wherever he went. And so he would go andcreate just a small bit of conflict between him and the brat, low enough to not get himself too much attention from the other gods. "Hey golden boy."

Yggdrasil had finished his work, and it seemed too early to return out into the field. He worried that overtending the woods of the mortal lands might give them too much strength and influence, breaking the balance. His father was more in tune with all of nature than he was, and so his worries were not completely unfounded. His green eyes glanced over to see a form that he wished he never knew; that of his uncle. The b*****d that had put too much influence into his sister, he suspected, that of Injustice. He would probably be proud of her, if he was ever proud of anything other than himself. "What do you want, Chaos?"

Dath sneered. "Just to remind you that your precious woods are never protected unless you're physically in them. How do you know that I'm not sending one of my agents out there to burn one of them to the ground?"

Yggdrasil laughed. "Because you don't have any agents. You're a fool, Chaos, and you know that no one would believe it if you had actual followers. Those females you woo only want what your genes give; physical strength. Do you really believe that anyone here wants to see you?"

"Of course. I know that my dear sister would love to see me. To try and put more chains around me, to keep me in check while she tries to keep everyone in check. Justice is a thankless task, at least I know when my side of the bargain works." He sneered again, sad that the little golden brat was older, and growing more wiser. It was harder to intimidate him, now that he knew more about how Chaos worked. It was something that not even Dath could control well, but it sufficed.

"Mother would rather kill you herself, but the fact that you are twins, shared from the same mother probably puts more sway over you than if you were not related by the blood any longer. You're such a fool. Why did you even come here?"

"Because the mortal realm is boring," Dath said with a dramatic sigh, flopping onto a sun-warmed rock nearby. Aaah, at least he wouldn't have to worry about curious little mortals coming by. He wasn't really in a killing mood, just an annoying one. "You probably shouldn't even be here too long. Can you really trust the fact that I might not have any agents out there? It's been a while since I've seen you, and I'm not as wild as I used to be when I was younger."

Yggdrasil felt a flash of anger shock his system. He knew that it was rare to feel anger, and so he figured that this was all that Dath wanted to do. Piss him off and make him lose his temper. He knew that his mother would probably be disappointed in him, and in the honest truth Yggdrasil could not win a physical battle with Dath. His horns would give him an advantage, but the sheer size difference wasn't worth testing that advantage. "I'm perfectly capable of knowing when I can stray from my woods for too long. There are enough of them out there, and I don't need to worry about them until their overall health declines. Even a good fire now and then can be beneficial to the forests. So don't try threatening me, I won't take the bait. I'm too much like Mother, and don't your forget that."

"You're just as boring as Sei. Why don't I see Injustice around? I'm sure she'd be quite more useful than you. All you do is go around and play with your trees all day." He sneered more, his mood fluctuating from being good and bad. An angry Dath wasn't a good one to be around, and honestly it just took too much effort for him to be angry right now. This was supposed to be something like a vacation, being in the God's Haven.

"I'm much like her, yes, so why don't you just go find someone else to bother." Yggdrasil was honestly a little bit worried about Dath's words. They were never anything to take seriously, at least not from a god's standpoint, but he was good at putting the seed of doubt into one's heart. That was the starting point of spreading chaos. He did his best to hide it, not wanting his uncle to know that he had been successful in getting Yggdrasil off his stable grounding.

"Fine, fine, you little snot. I'm still going to warn you, keep your eye out. You never know when Chaos is going to striiiike~" Dath pulled himself up off of the rock, a little sad to leave it but he knew that he would find another good one later on. Perhaps he would find Sei herself, and harass her....anyone but his mother. Dath wanted to avoid that peice of work altogether.

Yggdrasilw atched Dath stroll off, more worry creeping into his mind. He was going to have to check on a certain forest sooner than the others. The sparce, but healthy trees in the swamps were a worry to him,e specially as he made a promise to visit them soon...but he wouldn't leave yet. He would have to school himself, to be patient. He wouldn't let Chaos win.

(1,105 words)