Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hunger Games

Back to Guilds

[ Current Event:: The 125th Quarter Quell ] An RP based on the popular book series, The Hunger Games. Are the odds in your favor? 

Tags: Hunger Games, Tribute, District, Roleplay, Capitol 

Reply [ The Graveyard (Dead Threads) ]
Mountains - East Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 pm
Tao MasseyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
District Tribute

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHealth :: 100/100 [100-5-15+15+5=100]

XXXXX███████████████████XXXHunger :: 095/100 [25+10+10+50=95]

XXXXX████████████████████XXXThirst :: 100/100 [25+75=100]

XXXXXInventory ::
  • Throwing Axe, Double Bladed Sword, Spear, Harpoon, Medium Pack [Sleeping bag, thick blanket, 2 night vision glasses, canteen (0/5), canteen (0/5), water bottle (3/3), water bottle (3/3), water purification tablets (3/3), hunting knife, throwing knives (5), fishing net, healing salve (3/3), painkillers (0/5), burn cream (4/4), antibiotic cream (4/4), bandages (5/5), bee sting cream (4/4), quiver of arrows (6), hook, fishing line, fish (2/13), berries (0/4), vegetables (4/4), apples (0/2)]

XXXXXWith ::
  • Morrigan Ravine [D5]

XXXXXLocation ::
  • Wetlands

XXXXXEmotions ::
  • Tired and Shocked

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

The run to the Mountains as intense and tiring. He head Morrigan yell behind him to climb the trees to stay safe, he followed her instructions and climbed. Once up there the water kept getting higher and higher. It wasn't safe there. They had to get to the Mountains! Once the water was at his waist he began to swim until he reached the high ground.

Once finally there he rested to try and catch his breath. His feet were pounding and body craving food and water. He got up and went searching for food and ended up finding an apple tree. There he tried to climb and get the apples and ended up falling from high up in the trees. He landed on a rock that cut up his leg rather badly. He rested there for a moment to heal himself, the rest of his painkillers and a bandage was just enough to help him feel better.

Once he finished up her headed back and found a spear and harpoon on his way. It must have washed up from the flood. He grabbed them and headed back to Morrigan. Once there he downed the apples he found, five fish, and two berries. Then finished off his canteen. It was just enough to keep him feeling better. Just as he looked to Morrigan suddenly a voice shouted over the Arena announcing that there was going to be a feast. Chills ran over his body. Who would be chosen? Just then a name was called. Arden? The girl from District 2. And...Morrigan! Tao's eyes got wide as he look to her in shock! He stood up immediately and felt instantly felt defensive and shook his head. "No, Morrigan! Don't go! You can't. Please don't!" He pleaded to her as tears began to form in his eyes.

OOC:: -

Lovey Lovefruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:01 am
User Image

Morrigan Lene Ravine xxxDistrict Five

The sound of the announcer saying that I had been chosen to go up to the mountain top was a shock, to say the least. Perhaps it was my low amount of kills that had forced me to be chosen for this event, but I wasn't about to berate myself for not being a cold blooded killer. It just wasn't who I was. Before I could really even consider going up, Tao was quick to respond, exclaiming that I shouldn't go up the mountain for supplies. However, we were both pretty low on food, and I knew that it was most definitely up there. It could mean the difference between life and death, and I'd do anything to keep us both alive, even if it meant risking my own life in the process.

"I'm sorry, Tao, but I think I have to. We're dangerously low on food, and with all that's happening...we could lose it at any moment. Besides...who knows what the gamemakers will send our way if I refuse to go. I wouldn't want to take you down with me." I said to him, frowning at the tears in his eyes. It was really the first time that I had seen Tao get emotional and it killed me that I was the one causing it. Sadly, what I had said to him was true. The Gamemakers would probably be angry if I did not show up to their traps, and I didn't have the heart to put Tao in even more danger than I had to. He had already seen his fair share of death in this arena, and I just could not bear it if he was killed at the cost of my own cowardice.

"Here, take my food and medicine just in case, but don't worry. I'll be back and we'll be able to go home to our families." I said to him, handing my pack of supplies over, as well as a trident that I had no use for. I wouldn't need to carry my things up the mountain, for it would just weigh me down. So I'd just bring my swords, and the knife I kept hidden in my boot. Tao still didn't look like he was ready to let me go up the mountain on my own, and I really didn't know what to say. I couldn't reassure him that I'd be alright because I honestly didn't know the outcome of what was to happen up there. I didn't have much confidence, and I almost felt like I needed to say my goodbyes now, but I knew I couldn't think like that. I had to make it back down for Tao. Even so...

"I'm sorry Tao..." I said to him, and gave him a quick hug. "But if I don't make it...I want you to have this" I said to him, pulling the bracelet I wore around my wrist, the one that my grandmother had given me. "It was my grandmother's...her sister fought in the games, but died competing in them. She gave it to me in hopes that I would win the games and bring justice for her death...If I die up there...then I want you to wear it...and win for the both of us...and all of district five." I said with a sad smile. Seeing how much Tao was trying to hold in his emotions was killing me, and I knew I had to leave, or I would end up staying here and we'd both die.

I give him one final hug, and head off into the forest that climbed up into the mountains. The trek was not a very long one, but in reality, it took at least an hour. Time felt like it was flying past me, and I hardly had any time to reflect on my life, for I was already at the designated place. Out in the middle of an open area sat a table with two bags. Hiding behind the brush, I looked around, ignoring the hard beat of my heart, for the girl that was supposed to be up here. Arden. A career tribute. I tried not to let that fact get to my nerves too much, or I would just turn around and leave. I needed to get that pack.

I take off at a sprint out of the brush, and just as my hand closes around the strap of the bag, I feel an excruciating pain in my lower back, and hear the sound of a swinging blade. I know that I am bleeding now, and I quickly guard myself with the swords, barely blocking the attack from the district two tribute. I swing out my long sword, and cut open the girls collar bone, but that gives her an opening once more with her scythe. The point sticks through my leg and I let out a pained cry as she pulls it back out. I stumble back, and her blade rips through my shoulder. I can barely stand, barely hold up my swords in retort to her attacks. I feel foolish for coming here. I am not going to win this fight...

Doesn't mean I won't go out without a bang...

I lung forward on my good leg, practically growling at the pain it sends through my injuries, and cleanly manage to cut the girl's ear right off. Her screams echo in my head, and for a few moments, I am insanely delighted by the pain I am causing her. She deserves it. My family is watching her murder me. It's the least she deserves. Or is it? I feel my temporary loss of sanity leave me, and I know this girl does not deserve it, but it's one step closer to getting Tao home at least.

I feel her scythe plunge into my chest, and everything stops around me. It's like someone hit the stop button on a remote, just at this moment. I don't think about my family, or the arena, or even Tao. My focus is on the girl in front of me. Arden. Her fiery red hair is flying about her, but unmoving. The blood gushing from her ear stains her neck, and continues to fall, but that has paused as well. Her eyes are unreadable. Anger. Pain. Regret? I don't know. What waits for her at home? Does she have a lot of friends? Is her house nice? Does she have a good life? Did she leave one?

The world begins to move again, and I feel my body falling to the ground. Blood comes out of my mouth, and I struggle to breathe. I don't feel pain anymore. I'm not afraid of what's coming for me. I can be at peace now.

My eyes close...

Health 0/100
Hunger 45/100
Thirst 40/100

Gives Tao remaining food and first aid, as well as a trident. The list of supplies is on my stats :]

OOC :: My first death post ever. Rip Morrigan! T^T

xTheEndx

Avenge meeee xD

Spottedteddybears

Sorry about Arden's ear...but she had to go out with a bang ^^; The games are a gruesome place after all. XD  

Lovey Lovefruit

Summery Astronomer

kittyoemily

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 am
GINGER
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
TRibute.

The next day I woke up and heard lots of foot steps looking outisde I saw multiple hideing spots were the tributes were all were after the floods none of them died.Just then I just jynx all of us tributes and 1 career a loud speeker yells out a anoucement. that The girl from district 5 and the career My eye bulged will fight for the death for some items. Now I knew the reason for flooding the arena it was to get us to fight because we would be close but this year with less careers getting this far that did not happen so now they will start calling and having us pick each other off from what they want to be happening.This was a great time to eat my squirrel that I have been waiting to eat on a stressfull game day since it is my favorite kind of meat more or less I am used to it. Taking the squirrel I ate it ripping it off fairly quickly taking out my anger on it.Then I ate some crayfish and water.When i put my lips on the canteen I heard a cannon bang! my heart skipped of course it was not me but who. I poked my head out and there I saw it of course the district 5 normal tribute lost to the career whos ear looks very beaten and perhaps sliced off.

After a hour or maybe two of going back and forth if I should even forage today debating that I have lots of supplies but then again I might not have as much as I think I came to a conclusion.At one point coming soon the gamemakers will make me fight till the death so mine as well risk it now.leaving my cave with only my spiked hammer and medium pack so I could escape faster i headed off to gather some food and perhaps some medicine. Walking past the district 5 male tribute toa I knew I could just walk with out him noticing because he was crying about his allie I started to tear up at the thought I was always someone to cheer someone up but perhaps in a life to death situation It was not the time to be nice. Carrying on a few yards away from district 5 I found some starthorn.I looked I remember thisfor something I began plucking and when I remembered what It was used for it came just in time I cut my self on the stupid plant. blood started to gush out and I wanted to throw up but held it back I would not waste food.grabbing the leaves that I got befor I got hurt I ate them knowing it relieves pain.I started to feel a little better. noticing that tributes must be watching I turned around and they were atleast district 5 kid was I smiled at him holding back still throwing up but it was easier.I picked up my stuff and marched off trying to have some sort of dignity left.I decided I would not forage today I only came out even but when was 2 feet away from camp I found some pleants that were meant for burn cream! best part was the plants you could not get hurt with.Picking up the plants I mashed them up and put them in my jar of helpful plants and went back to the cave hapily. Deciding that I should sleep a little befor they call her for a death match I pulled out a sleeping bag and blankets since I started to feel a little feverish I snuggled inside.I knew my health was all the way up but I guess I am haveing a alergic reaction to the cut.I fell asleep shivering hoping I would be better by the time my death match comes into play.

Health::100/100
Hunger::100/100
Thirst::90/100  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 pm
[ Gamemaker Announcement ]

After Arden claims her prize the platform disappears into the ground and an hour later another appears. This time one has the number large number 5, it contains a Capitol Meal. The other has the number 8, and it also has a Capitol Meal in it. There they wait for their Tributes.

Just then a loud voice shouts over the Mountains again. "Attention Tributes! The next two invitations for the Feast are to Tao Massey from District 5 and Dottie Honeykloud from District 8. Please proceed to the Mountain top! May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor." The voice ends and everything becomes quite.

(Tao Massey and Dottie Honeykloud, you will fight to the death. There are two rules to this fight! First, there will be no fleeing! We need to narrow down the Tributes and so you can't run! Second, you may not use any medical items! You will not have time to take a break and heal so you may not use them! Good luck Tributes!)

Devious Scone

xTheEndx

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

A Classy Catastrophe

Bashful Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 pm
align=center] Sarane Xanthis

District 3

I woke up my hand shaking like a leaf. I desperately needed water, my mouth was dry and I felt like I could go on. I barely managed to leave the cave with my canteen and Zekes glass bottle. I searched for what seemed like hours before I finally found a small stream. I hurriedly filled our bottles and put the purification tab inside. I sat still, it was so difficult to not drink it yet. When it finally finished, I drank the entire canteen, even though I knew it probably wasn't the smartest idea. When I finished, I used the fishing net and caught four fish. Then I used the two bait I had found to get two more fish. I smiled like an idiot when I realized how much food I had, a total of 7 fish and 2 servings of fresh meat from the snare. I cooked the food and sat by the fire for a little bit, thinking about the last few days. I wondered when they would call my name, it was almost like the reaping, but this time I knew it would be me. Which was even worse. I looked through my pack, searching for my weapons. I only had a hunting knife and six throwing knives. I sighed, I was in big trouble if I ended up in the fight without many weapons. I stood up, I had to get back now.

Back in the cave, I shared the neat with Zeke then ate two fish and gave Zeke two. I sat still for a while, then opened the medical kit. I needed to be at full health if i was going to end up fighting. I smeared the goo on my slowly healing cuts and wrapped the major ones in bandages. It stung, but I tried to ignore it.

Health: 100/100
Hunger: 85/100
Thirst: 75/100

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:27 pm
User Image
a r d e nxxm a r i s s axxf a i r i s
c a r e e rxxt r i b u t e
d i s t r i c t
xxt w o

xxx---The moment of truth and the moment to lie
xxx---The moment to live and the moment to die
xxx---The moment toxxf i g h txxand the moment toxxf i g h t

xxx---TO FIGHT TO FIGHT TO FIGHT
User Image
Almost the moment Arden had made it into the Mountains, the announcer's voice came out, piercing through all the noise. "Attention Tributes! The Gamemakers are inviting two of you to a Feast! Arden Fairis from District 2 and Morrigan Ravine from District 5. Please proceed to the Mountain top! May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor."

Arden's heart stopped beating, her whole body froze. The odds were definitely not in her favour. She had to fight now, to the death. At least she will get what she wants when she wins, huh? Or will she? Just how much sanity was she willing to throw away to win this fight, to win the Games? She was willing to throw away everything, anything to win the Games. She already has, so what's a little more? Nothing, that's right.

It was that simple pep talk that confirmed her decision. She was going to the feast. And she was going to kill D5.

Arden didn't leave anything behind. She kept it all with her, since she could not guarantee getting it back if she did win the fight, in case someone picked it all up. So, with her supplies all swung on her back and bow in hand, she made her way up the mountains. Arden jogged the way there, feeling like she could use all the extra training she can get. It has been almost 3 weeks since she had a training session in the Capitol and more than a month since she has trained in District 2. Running, even though she has ran miles on end, seems so foreign now.

Arden came the the top of the mountain. Just as she dropped off her food and stuff behind a rock where she came, Arden spotted a girl with flowing black hair running toward the bag marked 5. D5, Morrigan. Arden reached into her quiver, planning to draw out an arrow, but came to the scythe. She could not afford the seconds that she must spend dropping the scythe and picking an arrow. Without hesitation, she dropped her bow and quiver, took the scythe and charged at the girl just as she grabbed the backpack. The scythe sank into D5's back.

A rush of blood poured out of her back as D5 whipped around and sliced Arden's collar bone. The only thing that showed Arden registered the pain was a slight wince, nothing else. It didn't even faze her. Instead, Arden focused on putting all her strength into swinging the scythe into the girl's legs, hoping to maybe make her fall for long enough to grab the pack. Maybe she'll even die.

But instead, D5 continued to try and fight her way out. Arden couldn't help but admire her strength and persistence. It was something Arden and her fellow Career tributes have spent a long time practising. If this were another situation, Arden would drop her weapons and call for an alliance, since having that strength was something Arden could continue to dream of. She was only nearing the mark, and this girl was on it, untrained. But this wasn't another situation. As much as it pained Arden to do, she made herself swing the scythe again, slicing through the air and cutting into D5's shoulder.

D5 returns the strike, slicing at Arden's head. she only managed to get the ear, but it was a clean cut and sent shivers all the way down Arden's back. She couldn't help but cry out. Blood trickled down the ear. Arden didn't know how bad it was, but it felt pretty bad.

Taking the pain away for a moment, Arden focused on sending the point of her scythe into the girl's chest, sinking it in deep. Did Arden succeed? Did she kill her? The answer was shown in the girl's next movements, as her breath hitches and she falls to the ground. Dead.

Arden didn't know what she felt. Did she feel good? No. Did she feel sad? No. She couldn't feel sad for a tribute she had killed, but she couldn't feel good about it either. If it had been another, then maybe she could've felt accomplished, except this was the D5 girl, whom Arden had grown a liking to in the last few minutes of her life. And Arden had ended her life. She stared at the lifeless body at Arden's feet. Unconsciously, Arden took a step and another, over her body. She bent down a little to loop her arm into both her own backpack and the girl's, a guilty pang in her chest. She shouldn't be taking something that isn't hers. But this was the Games. This was her lifeline. She took the backpack.

Before she left, however, Arden whispered "I'm so sorry." to the girl, then staggered away. D5 was in the hands of the Capitol now, to take her back to where she belonged.

Arden retrieved her items and set up a temporary camp near the tip of the mountains, leaving her stuff there. She had managed to strike down an albino deer with her bow, and grab some burn cream. Then, she remembered her ear. D5 had sliced her ear. Arden wondered how bad. She set her things down at the camp, then reached her hand up the the ear. The pain had already dulled to just a numb throb, so it couldn't be that bad. Or maybe that was just the fervour of the kill that had made it seem less painful. When Arden's hand reached where her ear should've been, so couldn't feel anything. Panicking, she waved her hand around her ear, trying to find it. Maybe she miscalculated where her ear was...

She sighed, hopeless. Of course she hadn't miscalculated where her ear was. Who miscalculates their own ear? It was gone. Arden heard the rustle of her hair as she waved her hand, but felt no ear. The blood was dried, and it had stopped bleeding, relatively. So this was what it felt like to have no ear. It was just a hole in the side of her head now. Arden was horrified at this thought. Quickly, she brushed all of her hair on to one side, hiding the missing ear. She ripped some fabric of D5's backpack handle and started braiding her hair. Once the braid covered up the ghost of her ear, she tied it with the fabric. Arden knew there was a fight going on for the second round, D5's male and D8, but she was too worn to check. Instead, she smothered some burn cream on the "ear" and sat there nibbling on meat. She was too worn to do anything else.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|health| good, 9O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|hunger| perfect, 1OO[
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|thirst| decent, 5O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|inventory| Bow and Quiver (12 arrows), Scythe, 4 pack of water bottles (in a sack, 3 servings each. Remaining servings: none, Purified), 1 worm bait, sturdy vines (snare), Empty Canteen (five servings each), Pouch of Almonds (no servings remaining), Sickle, 4 servings fresh meat, 2 uses Antidote, 1 use burn cream, 1 Capitol Meal, Full Canteen (five servings each, 5 left)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|allies| no one yet

[o.o.c. Last of Morrigan. ): And there are some things I didn't include in the post that happened in the stats. Sorry! I couldn't make it flow without making it super long. x.x]  

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 pm
District Tribute

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHealth :: 100/100 [100-95=5+10+10+10+10+10+10+15+15+5=100]

XXXXX███████████████████XXXHunger :: 095/100 [70+25=95]

XXXXX████████████████████XXXThirst :: 090/100 [75+15=90]

• Nobody

• Mountains

• TO MUCH!

Tao was frozen, his eyes dripping with tears. Never has he ever cried in front of anyone, not even his parents. Though the thought of Morrigan going to this Feast alone totally shook him. In his head Morrigan was a reminder of his home, which is what he needed in this arena. A rock to keep him solid and grounded, something to keep him from going insane after killing those other Tributes. Even the slightest thought of her leaving or worst, dying, made his body turn cold. Unfortunately he couldn't deny her words, they were true. What could happen if she didn't go? They would still try to kill her.

Morrigan handed her extra items and began to put together her weapons she was going with. Tao was considering taking her place as he watched her prepare. This wasn't fair that she'd go first. Especially against a Career Tribute! Don't get him wrong though, Morrigan was tough but Career's are trained all of their life for this moment. Not us, we never had those advantages. While Tao was lost in his thoughts Morrigan turned to him and apologized, and hugged him. He never realized how small her body was until he put his arms around her and hugged back. As she pulled away she took the bracelet off of her wrist and offered it to him. A small smile formed on his face, her kindness was unmatched. Though her saying 'if she'd die up there' formed chills across his body. She would come back he knew it, she wasn't only fighting for herself but also for her grandmother too. That took a lot of guts and to honor her grandmother like that made him understand that she had to it.

The last hug was hard but he forced a smile as she began to climb the mountain. It took everything inside of him to stop him from calling her name and going after her. Instead he sat on the ground near a patch of trees. After sitting there for about an hour he spotted another Tribute. He didn't remember her very well, though what he did know was that she was from District Twelve. It was strange the way she was acting. Here he sat watching this child while he could be there for Morrigan. In a second he made up his mind, he was going to cheer her on.

After about an hour of hiking he finally reached the top of the mountain the sound of the cannon fired. It made his heart drop as he spotted the empty area with the table in the middle...and nearby was was Morrigan's dead body. Tao felt his entire body go numb. She had lost. Immediately he dropped his things and ran over to her body. He couldn't look at her without shaking his head and small whispers slipping from his mouth. "No...no, no, no, no, no! Dammit NO!" He yelled loudly as he dropped to his knees and yelled at the top of his lungs. The pain in his chest was hurting so badly. It even made his eyes begin to burst with tears again, they were so drenched that he could barely see her face. He rest of his body drop as he pounded his fist on the ground in anger. She was his last piece of home in this arena. What was keeping him grounded and sane. Though right now he didn't feel very stable.

After a few minutes a loud whistling sounded from the sky, it was the hovercraft. He had been there by her side and didn't want to leave now. Though he knew the rule. He somehow managed to pull himself up from the ground and dragged himself over to his stuff on the other side of the clearing. Once there the claw from hovercraft lifter her body from the ground and into the sky. Like an angel being taken into heaven, and in a matte of seconds the craft had taken off. Where was Tao going to go from here?

Sometime later Tao was in the same place, unable to move or stop looking at the area in clearing where her body lied. The only thing that broke his trance was the sound of the Gamemakers announcing another Feast. Again, Tao immediately felt anger rushing through his body. The first named called was his. The person he had to fight was the girl from District 8, Dottie. He remembers trying to fight her in the Wetlands. She was a coward, she fled from them in fear. She won't get away this time.

Hidden in the bushes was where Tao hid. His sword in hand he patiently waited for the District Eight Tribute to reach the clearing. Intense anger was building as he waited, he wanted this over. Just then he spotted a girl carefully coming out of the tree line and heading toward the table. This was Tao's chance. With his hands wrapped around his sword handle to tightly that his knuckles where turning white, he got up from the bush and walked and stopped till he was in between the girl and the table.

"Welcome Dottie! So nice of you to join me!" Tao said sarcastically, distinct signs of his voice cracking was audible. You could tell something was wrong. Then quickly he leaped towards her to attack but missed. He fell forward and almost knocked her over but she managed to cut his left shoulder with a large axe. It was just as big as her! A small grunt in pain escaped from his mouth as he tried to hit her again but just couldn't make contact. Again she managed to hit him, this time the edge of the blade slid across his chest. The pain rippled across Tao's body again and this time he yelled in frustration! Using that frustration to his advantage he pushed himself forward and managed to cut her left side with the sword. Finally he hit her. Satisfaction began to sneak into his emotions as she missed right after. Carefully swinging the blade he managed to cut her on the arm as well! He was going to do this! Just then as Tao turned his head away the girl managed to hit his chest, right on top of his ribs. A crack could be heart and the pull of the axe blade made a horrible noise as it was pulled from his body. It was just as horrible as the yell that came out of his mouth. He tried to lean in and attack but missed, feeling the horrible pain streak through his body as he moved. Dottie had tried to swing the axe at his neck but somehow Tao managed to roll away from her. He was barely able to get back as he used his extra strength to launch forward and strike her in her already cut arm. Once onto his feet was when she swung again and missed. The pain was becoming unbearable, how was he going to make it with a wound like this?

More attacks where exchanged. Tao missed, she hit him in the upper right leg. This almost caused him to drop his sword and let his body fall to the ground. This pain was worse than the gash on his chest! Though by some miracle he was able to push through it and slashed her with his sword in the chest. Dottie tried to slash him back and he in return but they both missed. More anger and frustration was coursing through his veins, at least it was taking his mind away from the pain. She pressed forward and managed to hit him in his arm again, he tried to retaliate but failed and there she hit him again in the same spot. Causing his left arm to become numb. Panic began to set in his head, he was going to die. He almost couldn't feel is left arm at all. Just then a sudden and unexpected look to Morrigan's bracelet on his left arm caught his attention. Blood slowly was seeping onto it. There in that small bracelet was something from his home. That could help ground him. He felt strong, steady again. Not depressed, angered, or frustrated. Tao felt a bit of energy flow through him. Just enough to help him drive the sword into her side. The girl screamed and tried to retaliate but Tao dodged and managed to find his footing again. And there Tao felt it. It was like a Morrigan was guiding him to drive the final blow into the girl's stomach.

Tao's eyes widened for a moment as he looked face to face with the girl. Her eyes were wide as well, and blood began to seep through where the sword was. He quickly pulled the blade from her stomach and let her fall. Taking a few steps back. He lost himself again. What had just happened? How did he manage to avoid death? He's beaten up so badly that he feared that he would never use his left arm again. The last two attacks were pure luck. Normally Tao wouldn't reveal that he believes in guardian angels but in this case how could he ignore it? Without a doubt he believe Morrigan was watching over him in that fight. Lightly he smiled, feeling a tear fall from his eye, and he continued over to the table and grabbed both bags. Also swiped the girl's bag and left.

A few hours later, he had found a place to hide. It was night, past midnight. He watched the sky to watch his last glimpse of Morrigan's and Dottie's faces as he tended to his wounds. Tao had smothered himself in all six uses of his healing salve, used two uses of burn cream to sooth the burning sensation in his wounds, and sealed his arm with a large bandage. He had also managed to down his entire Capitol Meal afterwards and had a sip of water as well. As he leaned back on his sleeping bag and tried to rest. Tried, but his mind was to restless. He was thinking of what Morrigan had say before she left. He didn't pay attention then but now the words are more important than ever. "I'll avenge you, I'll do it for you and our District. More than anything I want to be able to win for us, you gave me the strength. Thank you." He whispered into the night and then passed out, let his aching body rest for the night.

OOC:: Woah, that was a long one!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

User Image

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

╣ Bentley Marioth | District 11 ╠

⌠ It always seems impossible...
until it's done. ⌡

Alliances: Venus Tala [D11]
Ginger Icecrystal [D12]
Day: 20

"Attention Tributes! The next two invitations for the Feast are to Bentley Marioth from District 11 and Ginger Icecrystal from District 12. Please proceed to the Mountain top! May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor."

I woke up to these words, and, somehow, I kept my composure. Mama always told me breakfast was the most important meal of the day, and I had no idea if this would be my last. I packed up my equipment, and prepared my venture up the mountain. I took out a canteen and drank 2 servings of fresh water, along with all 5 of the apples I found yesterday.

I reached the top of the mountain; the view was beautiful. A mountain surrounded by water. I looked around for Ginger; no where to be found. Sure, I could wait in the middle of the flat battle-area, but a hiding sneak attack would be MUCH better.

The sun was quickly warming my skin, but I continued to hid behind the eastern side of a large rock. After maybe 20 minutes, I heard footsteps just on the other side of the rock. I clenched my mace and swung it around the rock, aiming for Ginger's legs. It was a swing that found it's way into the rock itself.

⌠ In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different. ⌡
Current:
╔═══════════╗
Health: 70/100
Hunger: 75/100
Thirst: 75/100
╚═══════════╝

Inventory:Insulated sleeping bag, 4 Canteens (8/20 servings left), Hunting Knife, 1 Smoke Bombs, Water purification tablets (15/19 left), 2 Night Vision Glasses, 4 yards of strong, durable thread, Fishing line, Hooks (4), Fishing Net, Bait (5/7 uses), Boning Knife, Plastic Wrap (3/6 uses), Lighter, 1 roasted fish, 1 serving of fresh meat, Dried Fruit (4/5 servings), Multivitamins(5/5), Rice Crackers (3/5 servings), Strong rope (2), 2 throwing knives, Chained Mace.

⌠ The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up.

SwagoniteV2

Newbie Noob

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 pm
[ Gamemaker Announcement ]

After Tao claims his prize the platform disappears into the ground and an hour later another appears. This time one has the number large number 11, it contains a Antidote. The other has the number 12, and it also has a Capitol Meal in it. There they wait for their Tributes.

Just then a loud voice shouts over the Mountains again. "Attention Tributes! The next two invitations for the Feast are to Bentley Marioth from District 11 and Ginger Icecrystal from District 12. Please proceed to the Mountain top! May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor." The voice ends and everything becomes quite.

(Bentley Marioth and Ginger Icecrystal, you will fight to the death. There are two rules to this fight! First, there will be no fleeing! We need to narrow down the Tributes and so you can't run! Second, you may not use any medical items! You will not have time to take a break and heal so you may not use them! Good luck Tributes!)

OMG duckface LOL

kittyoemily

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:15 am
Ginger Icecrystal District 12 Tribute

Last night dottie died in the death battle leaving 6 tributes left Thats what I heard while I was falling asleep in my sleeping bag which was a cannon.Waking up this morning I saw toa meaning that it was indeed toa from district 5 who won and dottie from 8 who lost. Luckily today my fever was completley gone because on the loud horn speaker they anouce that I am next for the death match but what make me happy scared and angered at the same time it was against bentley who I have started to think as my sworn enemy. Bad news about this fight I am eaither dieing or living to be the only high numbered district tribute left. Dieing I can not let it happen to have my sisters be so happy that I made it this far then for me to die then I shook my head perhaps they are not even watching counting me as a dead ghost I guess I would If I was them to Priorities get straighten again I will be winning theese games for myself if I do win not for any one else but my self. My face gets a huge smile pictureing if I get out how happy I would be to feel real grass again. Grabbing all of my stuff I hiked up the mountain with spiked hammer in hand and every other weapon in my bag.

Getting to the top was easy since I was fit and I ate more then back at my home district 12. Speaking I forgot to eat Taking my canteen I hydrated myself for the battle drinking 2 servings of water then I ate rodent meat and my remainder chocolate energy bar.Dropping everything but my spiked hammer and weapon bag which went on my pack I scaned the top of the mountain pinpointing were bentley was I saw him he was trying to trip me. I decided that I would act stupid. Running pass him I jumped over the mace and wammed my spiked hammer right in his face makeing a critical hit braking his nose I would say due to the blood coming out.I was about to off him my sweater to wipe his nose but I remember that he betrayed me. I stepped a few feet back waiting for him to attack again."What are you gonna make the game makers kill us off? befor we kill eachother off because that in my perspecive is the worst way to die. getting killed by the gamemakers."I said smileing in a friendly way trying to make a truce before 1 of us had to die.

100 GINGER
50 Bentley.  

kittyoemily

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 pm
User Image
a r d e nxxm a r i s s axxf a i r i s
c a r e e rxxt r i b u t e
d i s t r i c t
xxt w o

xxx---The moment of truth and the moment to lie
xxx---The moment to live and the moment to die
xxx---The moment toxxf i g h txxand the moment toxxf i g h t

xxx---TO FIGHT TO FIGHT TO FIGHT
User Image
The last night, Arden saw Morrigan's face in the sky, along with the D8 girl whom Arden was supposed to try and take down. It stung a little, seeing Morrigan's face, because Arden knew she was the person who killed her. It wasn't like that when she killed D9, though. It was probably because D9 didn't put up a fight. He was so much like the straw dummies they had been trained to kill in D2. No emotion or anything when he died, just falling to the ground, limp. Arden had not seen a glimpse into his life before he died. She had with Morrigan, making the killing business different. She had not taken out someone who was nothing more to her than an obstacle. She had taken out a person that could've won and could've went back to their district in happiness. It was different.

But Arden could not afford to be anything but ruthless at this point of the Games. There were only 6 tributes left, 4 of which have to die. Four of which would not be Arden. She had to kill some, she might have to ally up with someone. She could not afford to be ruthless, she could not lose her will to live.

Those are the thoughts in Arden's head as she fell asleep.

As Arden awoke, she bounced into action. First things first, she must go looking for water. Walking around, Arden finally found what she was looking for : A stream. Quickly, she refilled all her water bottles, including the one she got from D5's Capitol Meal. She had already drank that whole bottle the day before.

After refilling her bottles, Arden drew out her worm bait and fished. Three fishes later, with her hunger satisfied, Arden just sat there. She lapped up some water, pure and fresh (for the water was Purified) and sat there, recalling the hectic weeks she had spent in the Arena.

Arden has made it this far already. She was going to give it her all and win.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|health| perfect, 1OO
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|hunger| perfect, 1OO
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|thirst| good, 9O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|inventory| Bow and Quiver (12 arrows), Scythe, 4 pack of water bottles (in a sack, 3 servings each. Remaining servings: 12, Purified), sturdy vines (snare), Full Canteen (five servings each, Purified), Pouch of Almonds (no servings remaining), Sickle, 3 servings fresh meat, 2 uses Antidote, 1 use burn cream, 1 Capitol Meal, Full Canteen (five servings each, 5 left)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|allies| no one yet

[o.o.c.]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm
Sarane Xanthis

District 3

I had next to no sleep, I had been too busy contemplating my next move. When the sun rose, I headed out of the cave to begin foraging. I returned to the brook I had found the day before. I refilled my water and I used my fishing net to catch four fish and used my two bait to catch fish. I rested for a minute and drank two servings of my water, beginning to feel better. I collected the rodent in my snare and cooked and cleaned it and my fish. I ate one serving of meat and two fish before I headed back to the cave. I handed Zeke two fish and the remaining meat. I sat down and tried to thin of how many people were left. Two had died, and Ginger and Bentley were fighting so one would die. I wondered when I would fight, and who it would be I fight. I also wondered who Zeke would end up fighting. It couldn't be me, the Gamemakers couldn't be that cruel. Could they? I shook my head, I couldn't afford to think like that. Not now.

Health: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
Thirst: 80/100

A Classy Catastrophe

Bashful Phantom

kittyoemily

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 am
GINGer
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
TRIBUTE

I was waiting for quite a bit for him to make a move.I huffed and said under my breath so no one could hear."once a coward always a coward"Totally being out of character by saying that but the games changed her.Decideing to play a game I pretended to throw my axe and he flinched but it gave me enough time to eat quick grabbing a peice of rodent meat and rasberries.I ate it quick then washed my mouth with 2 servings of water.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:36 pm
ision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Şo here we are, fighting and trying to hide the scars.
I'll be home tonight, take a breath and softly say goodbye.
The lonely road, the one that I should try to walk alone.
I'll be home tonight, take a breath and softly say goodbye.

Ͼ Ṧậřǟṅḗ Ṓṝïąňȇ Ẍấὴṫħĭş Ͽ
User Image

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

I woke up at the crack of dawn and looked over only to see that Zeke was still sleeping. I sat against the wall of the cave, I didn't think I could stand to do nothing for this long, it was killing me. I played with one of my throwing knives boredly, spinning it on it's tip around and around on the cold rock. I opened my multiple packs to see what I had left; five matches, six throwing knives, three fish, two of those flower petals, one hunting knife and other various items. I drained the rest of my canteen and ate a fish for breakfast. I stood up, keeping only my fishing pack, my now empty canteeen, and my hunting knife. I left Zeke a fish as I headed out.

I made my way to the same brook I had been gathering water from. I filled my canteen and while it was purifing, I used one of my bait to try to fish. It took me almost an hour to catch a fish, and even then it was not a very impressive one. I drank my canteen as I walked, searching for some type of food. I stumbled across a spring and happily sat down and began to fish using my fishing net. I finished off my canteen and filled it once again, this time holding off of the water. I packed up my newly caught food and my other supplies and headed off to reset my snare. When I arrived, I was happy to find a small rabbit hanging from the snare. I created a fire and took my time to cook the fish and rabbit, I used the time to try and think over a strategy to fight off the Tribute I would have to kill. I could try to use my matches, but I don't know how that would end. I sighed and put out the fire and gathered my food and began to head back to the cave.

I entered the cave to see Zeke awake and the fish gone. I sat down and divided the food among us. We each got two fish and one serving of the rabbit I had snared. I decided to eat slow, our abundance of food may not last.

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

o give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”

o why are you so eager to betray?
Pick the pieces up, pick the pieces up.
So why are you the one that walks away?
Pick the pieces up, pick the pieces up, pick the pieces up.

[Health: 100/100
Thirst: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100

Out Of Calamari...

A Classy Catastrophe

Bashful Phantom

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:58 pm
District Tribute

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHealth :: 100/100 [100-5=95+5=100]

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHunger :: 095/100 [20+25+45+10=100]

XXXXX████████████████████XXXThirst :: 090/100 [15+75=90]

• Nobody

• Mountains

• Tired

Tao had a tough couple of days. He barely moved, he was more concerned for condition to be worrying about anything else. On the third day from his fight with Dottie he finally sat up and picked up the courage to take a peek at his wounds. Once he peeled back his bandages he couldn't help but gasp. Somehow the cuts and gashes along his arms, chest, and leg had all sealed and were a light pink along the line of where it used to be. Tao couldn't help but be amazed! Not only at that but how much better he felt, despite the fact that he was starving. He got up and decided to go out and try to hunt a bit. He couldn't let his muscles and body get stiff.

While out he managed to find four worm bait, fall from a tree (again), get two apples, and take down a deer again. He was rather satisfied but found himself getting very sore after a while and headed back to his camp.

Once back he reached over to his pack he went through it and made a decent meal for himself. The meal from the Capitol was the main course, all nine of his apples, and two pieces of dried fruit then topped it off with a nice long sip from his canteen. It definitely hit the spot after how many days of not eating. Afterwards he patched up his arm again, from falling from the tree, with a bandage and then sat around. He didn't remember hearing or seeing what had happened with the current feast. Not a face in the sky or a cannon fired. They must be still alive, though why hasn't the Gamemakers stepped in yet? He would imagine that a match this long must be boring, or maybe it wasn't. Maybe they were dragging it out for their entertainment? It could be interesting to watch. A little girl versus a teenage boy. It was almost unfair though. Surely the boy would make it out alive. Though you never knew in these games.

OOC:: This was a pretty crappy post...XP

[ The Graveyard (Dead Threads) ]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces