Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hunger Games

Back to Guilds

[ Current Event:: The 125th Quarter Quell ] An RP based on the popular book series, The Hunger Games. Are the odds in your favor? 

Tags: Hunger Games, Tribute, District, Roleplay, Capitol 

Reply [ The Graveyard (Dead Threads) ]
Mountains - East Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
User Image
Foraging at the Mountains
Don't forget that you can go fishing whenever you come across a water source.

1. You find a nice tall pine tree and climb up into it. After searching the pine cones, you find some nuts. +5 servings of pine nuts
2. You manage to take down an albino deer. +7 servings of fresh meat
3. You gather some worms you see sticking out of the ground. +2 worm bait
4. You find a small stream and fill your canteen
5. You gather some helpful plants to treat burns. +2 uses of burn cream
6. You notice a familiar blue flower, Starthorn, and approach it. After plucking its petals, you now have +2 painkiller uses
7. After entering a cave, you find a patch of mushrooms, but as it turns out, they're bad.-10pts of health
8. With luck on your side, you're able to find ingredients for an antidote
9. Ouch! You fall out of a tree trying to pick some apples! -5 health points, +2 apples
10. You happily stumble across a small spring. Fill your canteens with Purified Water
11. You come across a blackberry patch, and collect as many as you can. +5 servings of fresh berries
12. While plucking some Starthorn petals, you accidentally cut yourself on one of the thorns and become ill. -10pts of health, +2 uses of painkillers
13. You find a lovely babbling brook. Fill your canteens
14. After searching and searching, you come back with some helpful plants. +3 common herbs
15. Generate for the cornucopia.
16. You find an apple tree and pick a few of the tasty fruits. +5 apples

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm
Notable Plants Found in Mountains

User Image
Pine Nuts
▶ Edible
▶ Found plentifully throughout the mountain
▶ Found on the ground underneath pine tree, or inside the pine cone

User Image
Nightlock
▶ Extremely poisonous
▶ Causes instant death
▶ Found occasionally throughout mountains

User Image
Starthorn
▶ Petals are edible, thorns are not
▶ Thorns contain poison, which causes sickness.
▶ Petals are used for pain relief

Lovey Lovefruit

Summery Astronomer

Lovey Lovefruit

Summery Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:57 pm
Notable Animals Found in Mountains

User Image
Albino Deer
▶ Edible
▶ Hostile if approached
▶ Found sparingly throughout mountains
▶ Meat contains plenty of protein and nutrients

User Image
Calic
▶ Edible
▶ Will attack on sight
▶ Travel in packs of 3-5
▶ Very fast runners

User Image
Jabberjay
▶ Inedible
▶ Can repeat sounds
▶ Once used to imitate the sounds of loved ones to lure tributes in
▶ Fall silent when danger is on it's way
▶ Peaceful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:34 pm
Notable Insects Found in Mountains

User Image
Trackerjacker
▶ Genetically altered wasps
▶ Stings cause hallucinations and extreme pain, or even death if stung too many times
▶ Stings make it easy for the bees to track their victims
▶ Very Hostile

User Image
Buzzbug
▶ Inedible
▶ Makes a loud buzzing sound if disturbed
▶ Buzz attracts other dangers, revealing a tributes hiding place

User Image
Mothmutt
▶ Travels in groups
▶ Hostile
▶ Shoots poisonous needles
▶ Needles contain very painful venom

Lovey Lovefruit

Summery Astronomer

kittyoemily

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 am
GINGER
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
Tribute

Health :: 100/100
Hunger :: 100/100
Thirst :: 100/100

I looked over the valley it was so plentiful then I looked higher up the mountain it was beutiful all covered with a thin layer of snow.I shivered luckily I have a blancket I thought.Plus now I finally was dried off from the swim across the river.I hiked on down the valley a bit.Taking some steps I looked inside 10 small and medium caves.As I looked at the last one there it was a apple tree. I smiled this will be great to have more food.I jumped on the first branch and grabbed the five ripeist apples there.All ripe and plump.I jumped down of course not gracefully.and I wiped my suit off from dust.I decided I would go with the 8th cave the smallest of them all but the one no one would exspect to be in there.I took my stuff and slid it underneath the rocks.

Then I slid underneath It was a tight squeeze but surprisingly inside the space was decent about a quarter of the size of her house which her house is anything but big but this would be a little over half the size of my room which is still good for me.I was teird by now so I put everythig in my pack but my thick blancket and I layed on the pack.keeping my knife around my wrist I put the blancket on me.I decided to take a small nap it is totally not close to night yet its about a 2 to three hours after the games started.I began to think that my one and only allie thomas did not make it out alive from the bed bath.I sighed but then again I still didt yet.All my thoughts started going off first one thing then the next I have hardly a chance of getting out of here alive.This seems to comfortable to be true and be for I know it I could not take a nap.I backed my self to the end of the cave and counted more in depth what I had which was a really good amount for a district 12 person.

Items in possession
Medium Pack #1 | Thick Blanket, Burn Cream (2 uses), 2 bandages, full canteen (5 servings), beef jerky(5 servings), hunting knife

Pouch with 2 Antidotes & 2 Vials of Purple Liquid
5 fish
5 apples

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 am
Health:: 100/100
Thirst:: 100/100
Hunger::100/100
GINGER
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
Tribute

I looked around and decided to go explore a little bit then I will be back.I went over to the entrence and came underneath the rock entrence then grabbing my pack.By now the sun already reached the highest it could reach and now it was falling a bit.the wind blown and I shivered.I grabbed the blanket out and used the knife to cut out a hole just big enough for my head to fit plus hands. Then I used the exses materials from the blanket to make a hat and smaller then should be gloves.I put the gloves on and they were snug but fitted.I put the knife back in my head again then I headed off around the valley looking around but close enough to the cave. I came across a rock on the edge of the valley over looking the simulated sun.I looked at it as the sun was falling and sat down. Every now and then looking back making sure that I wont show up in tonights sky by watching and keeping alert.

Items in possession
Medium Pack #1 | Thick Blanket, Burn Cream (2 uses), 2 bandages, full canteen (5 servings), beef jerky(5 servings), hunting knife

5 fish
5 apples

kittyoemily

kittyoemily

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:38 pm
GINGER
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
TRIBUTE

HEALTH::100/100
hunger::100/100
THIRST::100/100

I made my way to the valley tears falling from my face.But then I relized that he had to die at somepoint so I wiped my tears and smiled for the camera then ran down into my small cave pushing both packs in front of me first.Befor I went in I licked the blood off the knife like I did with Thomas making me look tough but also sycopathic.I went in and looked in the boys pack it was better then the one I picked it had a sleeping bag yes now I will be ultra warm I thought plus more weapons I decided I would go threw it tommorrow.Plus I was waiting for tonights anthem because I know one person got killed still sadly but I wanna know if thomas is alive still because I aunostly need a allie.I waited looking out threw the tiny door I put my head on the dirt.

Items in possesion:
Large Pack #2 | Sleeping bag, Night vision glasses, Full canteen (5 servings), Throwing Knives(5), beef jerky (7 servings), Antidote (1 use)

5 fish
5 apples

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:31 pm
Health::100/100
Thirst::100/100
Hunger::100/100
GINGER
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
TRIBUTE

mood:worried,ready,aware,lonesome

As I was peeking out the hole that was the door I just remembered something.I opened up the large pack that I took from the boy who she killed accidentally she found it night vision glasses perfect when the sun comes down I though putting it back in the pack.I looked at my knife and the throwing knives I put the throwing knives all looped up with a stem from a flower in my other hand.I continued to look out.I started to hear faint yelling and I backed up in the small cave seeing someone probrably cant even see the opening seeing how small it is and If I back up enough perhaps they wont see the tribute suit threw the hole.

Items in possesion:
Large Pack #2 | Sleeping bag, Night vision glasses, Full canteen (5 servings), Throwing Knives(5), beef jerky (7 servings), Antidote (1 use)

5 fish
5 apples

kittyoemily

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm
Tao MasseyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
District Tribute

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHealth :: 100/100

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHunger :: 075/100

XXXXX████████████████████XXXThirst :: 075/100

XXXXXInventory ::
  • Throwing Axe & Medium Pack #2 | [Sleeping bag, Night Vision Glasses, full canteen 5/5, Water purification tablets 3/3, dried fruit 5/5, hunting knife, throwing knives (5)]

XXXXXWith ::
  • Morrigan Ravine [D5]

XXXXXLocation ::
  • Mountains

XXXXXEmotions ::
  • Tired

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

After trekking through the jungle for a while it had gotten dark. The sun had fallen and was now hidden behind the mountains and trees. Tao could feel his legs dragging as they followed the river and base of the mountain. He started thinking being there wasn't the best of places, anyone could follow it and find it. Where water was, so was a Tribute. So he urged on.

He hadn't spoken to Morrigan since he killed the boy from District 6. Guilt was slowly growing over him as the continued on and up a hillside, he felt more and more like he wanted to say something. He bit his lip trying to fight it but he couldn't hold his words. "I can't believe I killed him, somehow...I don't feel like it was me who done it." Tao spit out, letting his mind finally speak. He usually wasn't one to share feelings, locking up his true thoughts and words was his usual way of dealing with it but not today. This was a moment where he couldn't hold it in. The chills reappeared on his body and he stopped in his tracks as he saw the mental pictures of the event. He felt stupid for thinking about it and even bring it up. "I'm sorry...I don't mean to bring it up...I just couldn't hold it in..." Tao trailed off, as he finally looked at Morrigan. His eyes full of regret and his body feeling tired.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 am
before
Thirst::75/100
Hunger::75/100
GINGER
ICECRYSTAL
DISTRICT
TRIBUTE

Mood:confused,anxious,lonely.

Items in possession

Items in possesion:

5 fish
5 apples

I woke up on the floor with my blanket on me after hearing some voices."dang"I said to my self remembering that I was suppose to look in the sky last night to see how many people died plus I didt use the new sleeping bag.Listening closer I relized they were walking away from were she was luckily.I licked my dry lips noticing that I should drink something today and perhaps eat something.I opened up both packs to see every thing I had.I had 2 filled canteens that is nice. I grabbed one and used one serving of it binging me down to 9 servings.I licked my lips making them less dry then I grabbed some food out.I decided to eat two fish and a apple. making me filled up.I ate everything quite slowly savory every bite. Munching down finishing the last bite of the apple I was stuffed.I collected all of my stuff barrying the fish bones and apple core underneath the dirt and patting it down to make it look untoched.I grabbed my knives and slipped threw.Bothe packs were now tightly on my back.I decided to go wandering for more supplies. There it was right in front of me some healing herbs 3 to be exsact.I picked them ever so lightly then I put them in my pack next to the medicine. After I put them in my pack I looked around thinking if I should move.Deciding then I nodded its never good to stay in the same place for too long.

I thought about going somewhere new but decided to head to were I was befor.so I went back to the waterfalls.I walked this trip conserving my energy but always aware incase another tribute comes.I decided to make a decoy when I was close to the waterfalls but still at the mountains.I lit a fire using the exses wood and grass.making it flame up in the air I covered my tracks and went to the waterfalls.When I got there I climbed a big tree and nestled my self high up.
----excit to waterfalls-----

After updated after post.
Thirst::90/100
Hunger:: 100/100

Items in possesion:
Large Pack #2 | Sleeping bag, Night vision glasses, Full canteen (4/5 servings), Throwing Knives(5), beef jerky (7 servings), Antidote (1 use)

3 fish
4 apples

helpful plants +3

kittyoemily

A Classy Catastrophe

Bashful Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 pm
ision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Şo here we are, fighting and trying to hide the scars.
I'll be home tonight, take a breath and softly say goodbye.
The lonely road, the one that I should try to walk alone.

Ͼ Ṧậřǟṅḗ Ṓṝïąňȇ Ẍấὴṫħĭş Ͽ
User Image

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

I was exhausted. I had been walking for a very long time, I had stopped running when I was far enough away from the Cornucopia. Ever since then, I had been traveling slowly, covering my tracks and taking a long and confusing way to the mountains, making sure to throw off any pursuers. I had decided to stay near the base of the mountains so it wouldn't be as cold. When I heard the anthem play, I was shocked to see that one of the Careers had died, they rarely died during the bloodbath and I needed to avoid the person who had killed him. They were going to be my biggest worry for now.

I continued walking slowly, checking every rock and crevice for a place to stay. I decided to travel at night only, and rest during the day so it would be warmer and so nothing bad would kill me at night. It seemed like a pretty good idea. I kept searching for a water source, since my canteen was empty when I got it. I kept checking behind me to see if anyone was following, and I made sure to make no noise and to not distrub anything on the ground. After walking aimlessley for a while, I spotted a clump of vivid blue flowers. I bit my lip, desperatly trying to remember what they were, I had spent most of my training learning about plants, but I had known I wouldn't be fully prepared for whatever was in this hell. After a few minutes of careful thinking, I reached out for one of the petals only to p***k my finger on one of the thorns. I quickly pulled away and brushed off the small red dot of blood on my index finger. I swore when I began to feel light-headed and slightly nauseous. "Crap, crap, crap..." I muttered. After that, I assumed it was a Starthorn flower, I grabbed a few petals and immediatly stuck one in my mouth and began to chew. I think that what I learned said that the petals could be used as a painkiller. After I swallowed, I prayed over and over that I was right. Only when the headache subsided, I decided that I was correct, I put the second petal in the small pack, wanting to save it for later.

I looked around, scanning the area for some type of food, I knew that a few servings of nuts wouldn't work for long. I spotted a lone pine and decided to try and climb it to find food. After a few minutes of climbing, I began to pick through a few pincones, searching for the nuts inside. My search ends up successful, and I'm able to get quite a few. I put them in my pack and when I reached to grab more pine nuts, I heard a noise, I couldn't tell if it was another Tribute, or an animal, so I decided to get out of there. I slid down the tree then began to pick my way quietly over rocks, not making a noise and trying not to disturb anything. I looked up and found my savior, a small crevice in the rock, just big enough for me to squeeze through. I dashed inside, pressing myself into the small space. When I was fully inside, I realized it was some sort of cave, just big enough to occupy me. I scooted towards the back and pressed myself against the cool rock, making me almost invisable from the outside. I decide to eat a few of the nuts I found so I won't end up starving when I need to run.

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

o give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”

o why are you so eager to betray?
Pick the pieces up, pick the pieces up.
So why are you the one that walks away?
Pick the pieces up, pick the pieces up, pick the pieces up.

[Health: 95/100
Thirst: 75/100
Hunger: 80/100
Inventory: A pack of throwing knives (5),a small pack containing: Blanket, Empty Canteen, Nuts, Matches, a Dagger, 1 painkiller, and 4 servings of pine nuts.

Out Of Calamari...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:54 pm
Е††ɨɇ Ͼhᾷrlêmågñê HɵñêɣӄʃѲµɗ
"Inside the lines, I too, can see the outside, I have no need to touch it."
District Eight
Sew me into the background, then I will thrive.

User Image

User ImageUser Image

When Dottie had made it to the mountains, she'd had no clue what to do. Something in the back of her head told her that it was mostly likely other tributes had come here too, and sense there wasn't much else to do than sweat, worry, and prevent hyperventilation, she'd spent the day foraging, quiet as mouse as she avoided stepping on leaves and basically tip-toe-ing everywhere. Sure, she'd probably look stupid, but it made her feel better as she looked for berries and such. she found a cave, which had some mushrooms.

About halfway through the day, she'd taken a few sips of water and some beef jerky, planning to move from the mountains. She tried to think of places to go, but she could barely remember any scenery. Dottie blinked, something in her stomach twisting. Five minutes later, She was throwing up. The vile liquid tasted was definately the mushrooms, the stomach acid burning her throat as it came up and out.

After throwing up, she took a sip of water and leaned against a tree, stumbling up and deciding to leave the mountain area. Stumbling silently in a bitter mood.

******EXIT TO WETLANDS*****
The Stuff she currently has :
Medium Food Pack | Full Canteen (3 servings), Beef Jerky (3 servings), Rice Crackers(4 servings), Dried Fruit(4 servings), Energy Bars (2), Paring Knife
Medium First Aid #2 | Surgical tape (4 uses), Antibiotic cream(4 uses), Bandages (4), Needle, Thread (4 uses), Bee Sting Cream (3 uses) | Medium Pack #4 | Thick blanket, Full canteen (5 servings), Healing salve (3 uses), Beef Jerky (4 servings), Hunting Knife
&
Large Axe

Her Health : 90 %
Her Hunger : 83 %
Her Thirst : 89 %

Happy Blood Cell

Sparkly Fatcat

5,700 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Streaker 200

xTheEndx

Stellar Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:02 pm
Tao MasseyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
District Tribute

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHealth :: 100/100

XXXXX████████████████████XXXHunger :: 090/100 [75 +15 Dried Fruit x3]

XXXXX████████████████████XXXThirst :: 090/100 [75 +15 Water]

XXXXXInventory ::
  • Throwing Axe & Medium Pack #2 | [Sleeping bag, Night Vision Glasses, full canteen 4/5, Water purification tablets 3/3, dried fruit 2/5, hunting knife, throwing knives (5), apples 5/5]

XXXXXWith ::
  • Morrigan Ravine [D5]

XXXXXLocation ::
  • Mountains

XXXXXEmotions ::
  • Hungry & Thirsty

As he waited for Morrigan to speak he felt a small lurch in his stomach, it wasn't his emotions bothering him though. He was defiantly starving. He put down his pack and began to go through it for the first time. There was a sleeping bag, night vision glasses, a full canteen, purification tablets, dried fruit, a hunting knife, and his throwing knives. The dried fruit and canteen were a sight for sour eyes and he let out a small sigh. There he downed a bit of his water and three pieces of the dried fruit. They were just enough to keep him satisfied. As he looked besides him he noticed a small apple tree. Approaching it he cautiously examined the fruit, he didn't want to risk getting poisoned and dying. Though they looked safe. Some of them that were on the ground were already eaten by animals and all that was left was the core. They seemed alright to him so he picked a few and put them into his bag. Tao began to start feeling bad he was doing this at a random time but they needed as much supplies as possible. He looked back to Morrigan with a questioning gaze, wondering what she was thinking. Was she feeling alright? "Morrigan?"

OOC:: Sorry for the short post. Just feeding Tao. ^^;
Edit - Added in the apples part

Lovey Lovefruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

User Image

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

I sat in my little cave for a while, trying to think up some type of plan for surviving this. Right now, it was simply stay low, hide and avoid conflict, at least until I could find Ezekiel. I looked up, thinking about what had happened to him, if he was dead, I would've heard the cannon, or at least seen his face in the sky. I sighed and peered out of the small crack I had managed to fit through, it didn't look like anyone was around, I might as well try to find some more food or water here. "Actually, I would really need water," I thought as I began to squeeze myelf out of the opening to my cave. I made sure to bring my pack along, I may need it.

I looked around as I began to make my way through the mountains, keeping my footsteps light and quick, not lingering in one place for long. It wasn't long until I smelled something putrid, I wrinkled my nose as I stumbled across the source of the smell. I refrained from gagging at the sight of vomit, "Note to self, avoid mushrooms," I thought as I moved away quickly. Of course, with my luck I didn't find any source of water, but I did manage to stumble across a blackberry patch. I smiled to myself and collected a few servings, wrapping them in my blanket to keep them from being smashed, only giving myself one serving to eat on my way back to my cave. I retraced my steps back to where my little hideout was, moving fast and watching my step. When I arrived back, I moved a few rocks to block the view, but making them look as if they had fallen there by mistake, not on purpose. I moved towards the farthest corner, curling into a little ball and covering myself with my blanket, I breathed with my mouth open so I made no noise. I slowly drifted into a light sleep, my hand resting on my dagger.

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

[Health: 95/100
Thirst: 75/100
Hunger: 85/100
Inventory: A pack of throwing knives (5),a small pack containing: Blanket, Empty Canteen, Nuts, Matches, a Dagger, 1 painkiller,
4 servings of pine nuts, and 4 servings of berries.

Out Of Calamari...

A Classy Catastrophe

Bashful Phantom

A Classy Catastrophe

Bashful Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:30 pm

User Image

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

I jumped awake at the first note of the Anthem. When I looked around, checking for enemies, I set my knife back down, relaxing slightly. I glanced down at my pack, thinking about eating, I frowned and slung the pack over my shoulder. I shouldn't eat yet, I needed to preserve my food for the future, if there even was one. No, I couldn't think like that, I had to keep my mind on winning, not the possibilty of death. I clutched my stomach, beginning to still feel nauseous from the thorn. I searched for the petal I had kept and began to chew it, I would have to find more later. I slipped out of the cave, moving quickly, searching for water. I needed to find some, I was already getting thirsty and I wouldn't last long without water.

Once again, I couldn't find any water source, but I did manage to fnd another patch of Starthorn flowers. This time carefully evading the thorns, I plucked a few of the petals and stored them in my pack. When I made my way back to my cave, I spotted a silhouette in front of the entrance. When I squinted, I realized it was the girl from 10. I watched her and contemplaed running away, but then I realized if I don't kill her, she'll probably die in an even worse way. I moved forward and grabbed one of my throwing knives. She turned around, her eyes wide in shock, she turned to run, but it was too late. Even in the dim light, my knife was embedded in her chest. I began to feel bad, but I quickly smothered the feeling. "Sympathy will get me killed. I only have to worry about myself and surviving, the other emotions are useless," I thought as I approached her body. I heard a cannon as I searched her for supplies. I only found a bottle of water purification tablets, which were useless unless I found water. I looked at the girl one last time before closing her eyes, it wouldn't hurt to show some respect. But I did have to move the body so no one would know where I was, I gave the body a nudge, sending it rolling down the steep hill. I closed my eyes for a moment, forgiving myself for what I've done.

~Ͽ*Ͼ~

Out Of Calamari...

[ The Graveyard (Dead Threads) ]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces