Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Been so Long

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 pm
It had been so long, he thought to himself, while basking in the sun. He looked to Pride Rock from where he was walking, towards the stone of where his deceased family lay to rest. It was so long ago now, his fur, so much thicker, muscles, more tense. But perhaps, he assumed, t was because the days seemed longer. Flicking his tail he smiled, blue eyes wandering. He thought perhaps, today could be a day of play.

Daemon walked alone, letting his paws take the path that had now been set into the Pridelands earth, the grass parted, and he came to the lone stone that lay nestled in a tussle of green grass. He closed his eyes, laid his paw upon it, and thought of the times long passed, thought of his children, his mistakes, time spent, and knew that today was the day to let go.

He would never leave them behind, but he had to let his mind, his body and vitality, try to start anew.

Blue eyes looked to the savannah, another search now begun, one word:

"Ruffian."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:28 pm
The black lioness was lonely, but she would never admit it. Admitting it would mean showing weakness, and she was one to never do that. It had been enough just to tell Daemon that one time, long ago, that she needed help. It had been humiliating, but humbling at the same time.

Loneliness came in the fact that quite a chunk of her offspring had left the Pridelands to carve their own name in the wilderness. Which was their right. She herself hadn't decided to leave her own homelands, but she had found herself a home here.

As lonely as it had been for a little while. Her stupid mate, and his stupid....stupidness.

She sulked in her cave, off duty and no where else to go.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:33 pm
He knew she had duties, and wandered the lands and probably knew them better than he could ever hope, but he prayed that his paws would take him in one direction that might lead to that elusive spot of hers. She had a few, he had no doubt, but he had come across her scent, once, a long time ago, and could not place where she had gone.

Daemon came to a vast opening in the Pridelands, and all he saw was green, and he frowned, he quirked a brow, looking, trying to find some kind of landmark, anything dark in color, but he saw nothing. He thought, perhaps, a spot of gold would erupt from the greenery, but the grass was as silent as the night sky and it's stars.

Having no other choice: he roared.

He called out to her, hoping she would answer, but after he had done so, he let himself get low in the grass, perhaps hoping to catch her scent, sneak up on her, and make her smile.

One could only hope, right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:43 pm
She was sitting and sulking, when she heard a roar that she couldn't quite ignore. It was a bit faint, but really? After all the fight they had had in the past, it was hard to forget it. That stupid oaf. She was in a sour mood, and she had been in one for a very long time.

"Tch. Idiot." Her tail twitched in an irritated fashion behind her, thrashing around on the den's floor. Why didn't he just come here? Perhaps he was worried about what he might find. He deserved it.

She really didn't want to answer him. She wanted to see him crawl around, losing all hope, just for her to appear before him, smug as usual. Sadly, she couldn't quite resist him completely. Stupid...mate obligations.

Emerging a bit from the cave, she half-roared in reply. More like a shut up! sort of reply, though.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 pm
Daemon quirked a brow as she seemed to huff a roar in response, and so he did so back. He still waited, low to the ground, as if trying to be a cub waiting for their first pouncing target to approach, but he knew Ruffian too well. She may not come that close...or fall for his antics.

Sighing, he wondered what would bring her out.

Food, intruder? No, he wanted her to come meet him, not be in a fit if he misled her too much.

He roared again, but tried to make his voice sound more distant, though he remained still.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 am
"Why does he think I want to run after him? He leave when half of our children leave, and he expect me to just....rush up to him like some damsel? I think he forgot just who the hell he was messing with."

She strolled out of the cave, but not emerging too far from it. "Don't come home, idiot! Else you want to fight." Ever since Daemon had saved her from that random firekin attack, so long ago, she had to be a bit more careful with how she fought, but boy did she have some steam to let off!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:23 am
When he heard her voice, he sighed, ears swiveling, and he headed towards the den. He knew he'd be in for a least a few slams, at least, the very least, but he wanted to see her and continue on. This was home, but he knew, the past, some of it, had to be left behind, to find home, to feel home, he needed to feel at ease, at peace, he needed to be with her.

As Daemon approached, he saw her sleek black form against the stark green contrast of the grass, his bright eyes watching, and he slowly moved forward. His tail flicked, and he did not stop walking, he braced himself in case of a side body slam, he deserved it, he knew that much, but, he grinned, to himself, not letting it show to her, that didn't mean he couldn't play fight...right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm
"You think you can just waltz on in with no comment from me?" Seriously, men were such a pain in the a**. She flicked her tail in irritation, her body blocking him from entering the den. He was going to have to prove that he deserved to come back. He had no idea how...alone she had felt, and how much it had bothered here. More than Ruffian ever would have thought.

"Daemon," she said, but no other words came out after that.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 pm
He went to speak, but nothing could roll off his tongue then. No quip, no slick sentence with a snap of his tongue, nothing. He looked at her, blue eyes watching, and he blinked looking at her form. Regardless of the time passed, regardless of the time spent away from one another recently, she still made him look to her in awe, and his ears folded back against his mane as he stood fully, his form full white against the contrast of green.

Daemon's look, apologetic, his spirit, mourning for the pain he had to have caused her, his heart, breaking at wondering what he had done.

What words could he speak to make it all right? None, he determined, he had to prove his worth, show his determination, ask for forgiveness.

"Ruffian," he said softly, his voice still the same crooning tone, but a little lower now, softer, as he took one step forward, testing the boundary. "I don't know what I can speak...or do, to show you what you mean to me, that what I feel that I've done...I will always hold it against me, I-" his voice trailed off, his eyes breaking contact, looking down, feeling defeated, but also wanting to show he felt no domineering qualities about himself in these moments.

"What can I do, to show you I know I've made a great mistake I'll always regret...tell me," it was unlike him, almost, to stand in a manner such as this. But, Ruffian was strong, wise, and all else, she was right in this instance, of all things, she was right.

"I want to come home...you...you are home to me."

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm
Ruffian stood her ground, her brown eyes narrowing at her 'mate'. There were times when she almost regretted staying here, letting him lead her on. It felt like that, at times of her loneliness. It didn't help that...did he even realize it?

It was almost a terrifying thought, what she was tossing around. She would save that for another day, another time. Only if she allowed him back into the den.

"The thing you should regret is not telling me," she said in a cold, even tone. "Trust is important, and though you may want to 'protect' me, it only ends up breaking our trust."

She let herself bite her tongue, not wanting to say everything at once. Her anger was hard to control, but his sorrow helped to hold the worst of it back.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 pm
"I know," he said, perhaps it was too simple, and he let his eyes fall to the ground, breaking connection, perhaps, even, breaking ground. But how could he truthfully, honestly look her in the eyes with those words? "I should have let words convey what I felt, protection or not I-" he hesitated, the words even hurting his own heart.

They had had children.

A family.

Grandchildren.

But now..he had...he-

"failed you." He only raised his gaze just slightly, to show moreso than anything, respect he had for her, even now, when when he felt like he was in front of the entire pride as if committing a crime. But he had done so, against Ruffian, against her, his love.

How could he be so stupid?

What should he do? Should he leave? This place, now, was a home, a pride to them both, but did his presence hurt her? It would pain him to leave, and she would fill his thoughts everyday. He just needed to know.

"What can I do?"

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 pm
After losing her family once, it had been more painful to lose half of her family now. Yes, they were alive (as far as she knew), but losing half had hurt almost as bad as if everyone had left.

Ruffian listened to his words, on how he stumbled over himself. He knew that he had broken that trust, and Ruffian wasn't ready to hand it over so quickly. Who was to say that he wouldn't just leave her again? Oh, she was certain that he hadn't been gallivanting off with other females, but the shame was near equal.

"First," she said, her chin raised a little high in stubbornness, "You could find yourself something to eat, take a bath, and then return to me."

See how he liked that, treating him more like a child than a mate.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:46 pm
He waited, and in silence, he crouched very low to the ground. He felt like he had put everything at risk, everything in danger, her, in danger. And in a sense he had, he had been so distant, withdrawn seeing his children grow and leave that he had hurt the one he loved most in this world. The one he cared for and felt was a true part of him.

At her words, his eyes fully met hers and his ears fell flat against his head, white mane falling into his eyes. And his head dipped down again.

"Yes...of course..." his words, his tone, was not like it would normally be, gruff and smooth, but soft and almost mourning out loud for the hurt he had caused.

He turned away from her then, but not before dipping his head even lower between his shoulders, and he stopped, not turning his head round, not wanting to disrespect her by the action, "I'll do whatever you ask of me...whatever it takes-" he was going to say he name then but didn't know if she'd be hurt by that.

So slowly, he walked, and made his way to do as told.

He wanted her back in his life more than before, better than before.

He would do whatever it took.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:56 pm
She watched him go, actually surprised that he was listening. He really did want to come back. It made her a bit curious, but she merely just shook her head. "Fool." She'd make him pay for what he had done, but there was still an idea in her mind....and part of her wanted to see his reaction to it.

Her tail flicked behind her as she turned to return to the den. It was so empty and cold, as it had been for moons. Her children only visited her when they got lonely, those that were still within the Pridelands. She never sought them out when she was lonely, only finding it easier to clamp down on her emotions.

Seeing Daemon again hurt her, as the rush of emotions she had been holding back returned. He would have to help her open up again, and she figured that he would try. Hopefully, he would succeed.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas