Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]
[PRP] Visiting the new shrine (Buibui, Sibylla & Circe)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 pm
User ImageBuibui had managed to cheer up some, but he still wasn't happy with the Shrinekeepers. He was grateful for them taking him in, but it still wasn't home. He was making an effort to make new friends, but without his muses to keep him company he still felt lonely.

The Shrines soothed him, though. They weren't shrines to muses, exactly, but he liked the devotion they showed. He had even heard that the Keeper of Souls spoke to the souls she tended. He hadn't managed to meet that elusive Keeper yet, but he was very interested in hearing more about her and her gift. Maybe the souls were muses of a sort.

Right now he was headed towards another Shrine. This one was new, he had heard. A Shrine to Insanity. Buibui tried not to feel too hopeful as he approached the Shrine, but he couldn't help feeling a little eager flutter in his stomach. If Insanity herself visited the Shrine ... maybe she would bring his muses back to him. "Hello?" Buibui called hesitantly, looking about for the Keeper.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:48 pm
User Image

Sibylla had been very careful in setting up her shrine, though it was mostly Circe's idea. She had her doubts but she kept them to herself- and once the shrine was set up, she felt her worries drift away and her faith in Circe and herself was restored. Truly she was a victim of the placebo effect, but her insanity had never been quite the same as others- that was how she had a physical muse: Circe, the raven.

The shrine was set up in a location where she could maximize exposure to a wide variety of elements, things she had known to be muses. She was still in the woods, though near the mountains. There were flowers, there were bugs, there was a view of the sky if you were on the right side of the shrine. It was perfect.

She was dozing in the shade of a nearby tree when Buibui approached her shrine and she woke with a start when she heard an unfamiliar voice call out to her. She blinked a couple times before pushing herself up to her feet and walking over to meet him.

"Good afternoon," she said with a yawn, stretching and then coming to stand by the side of her shrine.

From the trees above, Circe watched the lions but she decidedly stayed out of the goings-on for now. She was a big part of this but she trusted Sibylla to carry on as normal. The most uncertain time had been between leaving the Kizingo'zaa and settling in here. It was only luck that Circe was able to find a place like this to put Sibylla.

She ruffled her feathers, listening.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:56 pm
Buibui had been so focused on the shrine that he hadn't even noticed the lioness napping nearby. He blinked, looking over at her. "Good afternoon," he replied. The lioness looked familiar, somehow. Buibui didn't think he'd met her amongst the other pride members, but there was something about her .... hmmm. Maybe it was just her colors, something like that.

"I'm Buibui'macho," he said, glancing back at the shrine. He felt a bit awkward about his new pride members. They were a friendly bunch, but he was still shy when meeting new ones. "I heard there was a Shrine here to Insanity...?" He hoped she didn't think he was strange for seeking out a shrine to Insanity, but she had chosen to tend it, hadn't she? She couldn't judge him that harshly.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:07 pm
"Pleasure to meet you, Buibui'macho," she said brightly as he awkwardly introduced himself and tried to ask about the shrine, "I'm Sibylla and yes, this is the shrine to Insanity."

She eyed him curiously, trying to decide if he was merely curious about who would keep a shrine for Insanity or if he might know the reason. He looked almost familiar- at least, his mane was a familiar mix of colors.. but it was hard to say. Truthfully, it would be a while before she stopped being homesick and seeing signs of home everywhere, even knowing her home was not the same anymore.

Circe's dark eyes settled on the young male as he asked about the shrine, he knew what he was here for, he hadn't stumbled upon it by accident. And while Sibylla could not identify him, the raven recognized him. She was not affected by the curse in the Kizingo lands, she had had the ability to match her motivation to become familiar with the pride.

Finally, the shrine could be put to the test. She quickly and quietly preened some feathers, preparing to go join the two by the shrine.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm
The lioness looked a bit curious, but not judgmental. Buibui felt relieved. He stole another glance at the shrine. He had half-hoped he would hear the voices of his muses as soon as he came to visit, but of course that was unlikely. It was a new shrine, after all. It would probably take time for the muses to find it.

"It's a very nice Shrine," Buibui said. He shuffled his paws a bit, wondering how to go on. He wanted to ask her about muses, but of course she wouldn't know what he was talking about. It was difficult at best to explain his old pride to outsiders, and he didn't think he could talk about it without lapsing into gloominess. "Have you ever .... er .... do you feel close to the goddess, here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:23 pm
Sibylla watched him with interest but when he asked about the goddess, she immediately perked up- it was a challenge but she managed to contain her excitement.

"You're from the Kizingo'zaa!" she said, not at all worried about being wrong- shamelessness kind of came with the state of mind the old Kizingo had supported, "That's why we came here, to find the goddess again!"

Circe shook her head watching as Sibylla got far too excited far too quickly- but at least she wasn't wrong in her assumption about the boy. Sighing, she pushed herself off the tree branch she'd been sitting in and flew down to take a place on the shrine. She chose to stay silent for now, though.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:34 pm
Buibui hadn't expected to meet any other lions from Kizingo'Zaa here. He hadn't expected to meet any other lions from home anywhere. So many of them had just seemed to forget the way it had been. Delight overcame his shock. He laughed, for the first time since leaving home.

"You know the Kizingo'Zaa!" He grinned at her. How could he not have recognized her? He was sure he had never spoken to her, but now he could place her. Hadn't she been a Fortune Teller back home? "I heard about the shrines here and I thought it would be the best place to wait for the goddess ... but I didn't know I would fine someone from home here." He was focused on Sibylla now, but when the raven fluttered down to land on the shrine he spared it a glance. Just a raven, not the goddess herself. Buibui turned back to Sibylla, still beaming.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 pm
"That is exactly what brought us here," she explained, beaming right back at him. His appearance at the shrine made this whole thing worthwhile, even if he hadn't yet found his muse here. He would be the first one, this would be exciting!

"This is Circe, my muse," she introduced the raven, nodding her way.

"Pleasure," Circe said politely, though her voice was very different from Sibylla's. She stared at Buibui for a moment more before continuing on with the introduction to their shrine.

"Our shrine is designed to invite the muses back to us," she said, "And to show Muhali we have not forgotten about her."

Sibylla nodded, her face slightly more serious at Circe's expression. Everybody in the Kizingo had given up on Muhali so easily, she hadn't even gotten a chance to come back.. surely she would have. Just like she would know about the shrine here.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm
A muse? Buibui looked at the raven with new respect. Sibylla was lucky to have her muse with her ... lucky to have a muse that still spoke to her! He bowed his head to Circe. "Nice to meet you." At Circe's words about Muhali, his smile faded along with Sibylla's. She was right, it was very important to show the goddess that they hadn't forgotten her.

"I'll come here every day, now," Buibui said firmly. "When the goddess comes back, I want her to know that I didn't forget her." It was incredible to find another lioness that didn't want to forget, that didn't want to go on as if nothing had ever changed. He smiled again, a bit shyly. "I was thinking about making a shrine to the god of my muses. Spiders. They don't talk to me these days, but I thought they might like it."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm
Sibylla perked back up at the idea of having a daily visitor, it would make her days more pleasant- she liked that. He was certainly welcome, it would be better for the shrine, too. She hummed at his mention of his muse, glancing up to Circe and then around. There were certain to be spiders around here, she hadn't found any yet.

"I'm sure they'd like that," she said, looking back at Buibui with a smile, "And I'll keep an eye out around here for them."

Circe nodded when Sibylla spoke.

"The other muses will follow us here," she said confidently, "The spiders here must simply be waiting for you to find them again."

They wanted to believe the things she said, hopefully that and her confidence would be enough to get this working for them.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas