Looking For Characters! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:55 am
Miro is trying to get back into arts and decided to finally get started on that 100 theme challenge she has seen people around deviantART doing for inspiration 3nodding But when Miro looked at the list again and tried to get the creative juices flowing by contemplating each theme, she realized that she doesn't have much variety in characters to work with crying And creating new original characters isn't really on the forefront of Miro's mind at the moment xp sweatdrop So Miro came up with the idea of letting Geezers apply 3nodding

Miro plans to likely use drawing to express most of the themes, but some of them she might write a short story to instead. 3nodding

If you wish to apply for a theme, refer to the form and theme list below. You can apply for as many themes as you want and as many times as you want, but Miro is only going to pick ones that she finds inspiring. Just because you applied for a certain theme doesn't guarantee you the spot and Miro will state whether or not you got it 3nodding The ones Miro already has ideas for are marked with (reserved). The maybes are ones Miro doesn't have a clear idea of just yet, but does have somewhat of an idea. You can still apply for those themes if you want, but you're less likely to get one of those spots than an open spot.

Given just how many there are, it's obviously going to take a long time to complete, so Miro can't say just when you'd get to see the results sweatdrop Miro will update the list to include links to ones she has completed, though 3nodding

[b]Character(s):[/b]
[b]Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Why did you choose this particular theme?:[/b]

Example:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character(s): Draa
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: (pretend there's pictures here sweatdrop )
Personality: Arrogant, narcissistic, womanizer, secretly insecure.
Theme: 6. Break Away
Why did you choose this particular theme?: Draa is a clone of Tes and tries to get out from under his shadow, having done things such as get a piercing and tattoos as well as made it somewhat of a goal to sleep with a sizable number of good looking women all in an effort to distinguish himself from Tes and prove he is his own person.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme List

1. Introduction (
Finished!)
2. Love
3. Light
4. Dark
5. Seeking Solace
6. Break Away (reserved)
7. Heaven (reserved for
Ayami/Leko)
8. Innocence (reserved)
9. Drive
10. Breathe Again (reserved)
11. Memory
12. Insanity
13. Misfortune
14. Smile
15. Silence
16. Questioning
17. Blood
18. Rainbow
19. Gray
20. Fortitude
21. Vacation
22. Mother Nature
23. Cat (maybe reserved?)
24. No Time
25. Trouble Lurking (reserved for
Diamond Wales)
26. Tears
27. Foreign
28. Sorrow
29. Happiness
30. Under the Rain
31. Flowers
32. Night
33. Expectations
34. Stars
35. Hold My Hand
36. Precious Treasure
37. Eyes (reserved for
Kits)
38. Abandoned
39. Dreams
40. Rated
41. Teamwork
42. Standing Still
43. Dying
44. Two Roads (reserved for
Psyzapp-d)
45. Illusion
46. Family
47. Creation
48. Childhood
49. Stripes
50. Breaking the Rules (
Finished!)
51. Sport
52. Deep in Thought
53. Keeping a Secret
54. Tower
55. Waiting
56. Danger Ahead
57. Sacrifice
58. Kick in the Head
59. No Way Out
60. Rejection
61. Fairy Tale (reserved for
Faerie KatrinaZ)
62. Magic (reserved for
Liada)
63. Do Not Disturb
64. Multitasking
65. Horror
66. Traps
67. Playing the Melody
68. Hero
69. Annoyance
70. 67%
71. Obsession
72. Mischief Managed
73. I Can't
74. Are You Challenging Me?
75. Mirror (Reserved for
Leko/Ayami)
76. Broken Pieces (Reserved for
Liada)
77. Test
78. Drink
79. Starvation
80. Words
81. Pen and Paper
82. Can You Hear Me?
83. Heal (maybe reserved?)
84. Out Cold
85. Spiral
86. Seeing Red
87. Food (Reserved for
Karrie)
88. Pain (Reserved for
Eileen)
89. Through the Fire
90. Triangle
91. Drowning (reserved)
92. All That I Have
93. Give Up
94. Last Hope
95. Advertisement (reserved)
96. In the Storm
97. Safety First
98. Puzzle
99. Solitude
100. Relaxation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 am
*already knows his characters have some of those reserved slots* emotion_awesome  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 am
xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:44 am
Character(s): Eileen50
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: Her image as viewed in the link below rarely changes.
http://a2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/dress-up/avatar/ava/97/8e/15727edf1028e97_flip.png?t=1305432872_6.00_01
Personality: Appears to be dispassionate and indifferent towards others; Not outspoken, yet shows her domineering side when unique opportunities arise;
Theme: 33. Expectations, 66. Traps, 76. Broken Pieces, and/or 88. Pain
~ I've chosen several themes that I think would apply to Eileen, but I will leave it up to you to ultimately decide which one fits her the best.
Why did you choose this particular theme?: Her expectations of subordinates below her to serve her every whim, and of herself to keep her head held high in any situation; Traps could be portrayed by her B&D tendencies, or maybe the heavy weight she has holding her back ... which could also be related to the themes of Broken pieces and/or Pain: She tries to cover up what she holds inside her, that being the devastation of loosing her beloved Instructor too soon. And that resulted in her harboring feelings of being lost and uncertain of what to do and where to go with what he taught her, as her training was incomplete at the time of her instructor's untimely death.

Edited 10.23.2011

Edited image description line to compensate for rare outfit change. 11.07.2011
ninja  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm
Character(s): Kits Rose
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: Kits
Personality: seems sweet and innocent, but has a very bad temper that she tries to hide.
Theme: 5. Seeking Solace, 14. Smile, 23. Cat, 37. Eyes
Why did you choose this particular theme?: These are themes that I can see working well for Kits.
Kits has always been looking for a place where she belongs. Her whole life, she felt out of place. She tries not to show it, though, and is nearly always smiling. This is also to keep her temper in check. Her emotions always show through in her eyes, such as when she gets angry, they appear to glow a brighter green.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 pm
With 100 themes, I don't feel bad about applying with two characters.

Character(s): Karrie
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: Karrie's the guy
Personality: laid back, relaxed most of the time
Theme: 11. Memory, 32. Night, 75. Mirror 87. Food, 92. All That I Have
Why did you choose this particular theme?: I just picked themes that I thought would fit Karrie.  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:06 pm
Apply with as many characters as you like. Miro doesn't mind ^_^ She's just looking for more characters to work with regardless of who owns them. 3nodding

Something that I will say, though, is that the information provided so far isn't sufficient enough for me to envision a piece for any of the current applications, aside from the obvious cat theme for Kits. Maybe I should have filled out an example form to give a clearer idea of what I'm looking for. I usually do for these types of things sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:54 pm
There. I updated the first post with an example form based on why I chose Draa from one of the themes. 3nodding  

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Character:Liada Trovaras
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: Old ref pic 6'3" Hair and Eye color changes often but mostly has blue eyes and light colored hair.
Personality: Loyal to friends, mischievous, can be viscous,Cunning
Theme:4, Dark, 42. Standing Still, 62. Magic, 76. Broken Pieces
Why did you choose this particular theme?: In her early years of immortality Liada becomes more frozen of emotions as fits her title of Queen Mabb's bodyguard and as a being of the fae. She has no kin, no reasons for holding onto anything that may seem meaningful, only her Claymore and her magic and her bound contract to Mabb. Since her body had been reborn using Mabb's magic and the souls of her animal kin there are times when she can't decipher which of her thoughts or feelings were her own and which were the voices of her kin's souls speaking to her, so she had to train herself to push those voices back to a more controllable means and begins her rep as a cold blooded "Guard dog of the Queen" . Her abilities mostly consist of conjuring lesser level spirits for assistance, She can create portals to transport herself to anywhere she likes despite it has a few minor defects depending on the situation. She can materialize things and her current business is potions and creams of all kinds being an alchemist.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:20 pm
sweatdrop Again... not enough information sweatdrop I don't know anything about Liada's early years, therefore I don't know how those themes are relevant to the character, and without knowing how they're relevant, I can't compose anything.

You alone feeling those themes are suiting does not help me. I have to know why they're suiting.

Also, in case any of you are confused as to how the 100 word challenge works, the idea is to have 100 artworks by the end of it all, so it's one picture/story per word.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:20 pm
Much better 3nodding If you can just edit your form so that your chosen themes and your revised reasoning are closer together, that will make it a lot easier to contemplate the story and how they relate to the words when I can see them both without having to scroll up.

Also, good job Eileen on your revision. I think I might use your character for Broken Pieces and maybe Pain.

sweatdrop Edit: Actually, after reading Liada's again, I might use broken pieces for her and Pain for Eileen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:35 pm
Great idea Miro. whee I'll be on the lookout for what's to come. 3nodding

*eagerly lurks*  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm
Chef_Karrie

Character(s): Karrie
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: Karrie's the guy
Personality: laid back, relaxed most of the time
Theme: 11. Memory, 32. Night, 75. Mirror 87. Food, 92. All That I Have
Why did you choose this particular theme?: I just picked themes that I thought would fit Karrie.
Karrie has no memories from before he was found by his adoptive father when he was seven. All he has are the memories of what he's done since then. I don't remember why I picked Night. sweatdrop Mirror was a reference to Mitri, who looks just like Karrie, only a few years younger. Karrie is a chef, and a lot of his life is centered on that. He enjoys creating new dishes and giving them to people to try.

Edited Kits' as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 pm
Not my characters, but I don't think their owner will mind.

Character(s): Ayami and Leko
Reference Image(s) and/or Physical Description: Link Ayami is on the left, Leko is on the right.
Personality: Ayami is an angel {literally} who likes to speak in riddles at times it seems. Leko is a succubus/devil imp who loves mischief. They are two sides of the same coin.
Theme: 7. Heaven
Why did you choose this particular theme?: Aside from the accurate assumption of Ayami having connections with heaven {being that she's an angel}, she also has this special relationship with Leko, not just because they share a body, but because Ayami purposefully sought out Leko. Leko makes her feel whole, and while they might not always get along, she values that part of herself and at times takes great risks to ensure that no one, not even heaven itself, will take her away.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

The ART Dept

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas