(AIM Log between Buffy and myself.)

Yessenia couldn't belive her! Out of all the low down, dirty things to do...! Khatira was soooo going to pay. Thanks to that little twit her time with Tobi had been divided, and worst of all, her secret had been found out. What if father knew? Worse, what if he'd talked to Tobi already?! The larger lioness pressed her face against the side of a shade tree, just far enough away from the watering hole that no one would see her. In truth, she really was worried. What if....what if he went off on his quest and came back to chose Khatira over her? Yessenia shook her head. No! It wasn't like that. She didn't even have feelings for him. He was just another Pesar....right?

He knew deep down that Yessenia had nothing to worry about. She had been the first lioness that he had actually felt anything for. Wafiya was beautiful, and kind, but Yess.. She was something different completely. He knew that she would take advantage of him and honestly the thought appealed to him. She wasnt the type to bow down, not completely. Just as he wasnt the type to follow the social norms. Though he did hope she wouldnt ever want to embarrass him.. That would be not so nice. But for now he didnt even CARE! He had been humming, moving his head in a bit of a dance like rhythym when his eyes landed on the pink lioness. With a sharp intake of breath he grinned. "My dear." He greeted. She wasnt his..yet.. But he hoped one day it wouldnt be hard to get her to choose him as her Pad.

Despite her size, Yessenia whipped her head around in a flash and could have DIED. Who else would see her acting the fool if not Tobi? She groaned and rubbed her head, taking off some of the dirt left behind by the tree in the process. When she looked back up, she was grinning. "Tobi." She wouldn't dare give him a personal greeting, at least, not when they could be heard at any moment. Dear, sweet, innocent Tobi. She knew he was smarter than she gave him credit for, but she didn't care. It was a miracle he let her get by with as much as he had already. "Lolly gagging around as usual?" She teased.

"Only in hopes that I might find you." He grinned, closing the distance between them. He didnt nudge her like he wanted to, because they were still in public and it simply wasnt something one should do. But he wished he could. Oh how he did. With a small chuckle, he bowed his head to her in respect, and a greeting that would be accepted by the pride. "Seems you are enjoying yourself today. Thats good," he purred, sitting so that his tail wrapped around his ankles.

"As much as I can, when my loving sister isn't around." She said sarcastically, not bothering to hide her eye roll. Without mentioning Khatira, she may have fallen prey to his charm. And he really was deadly with it. Already she felt her walls melting. If she'd been a weaker banu, she might have swooned. Yessenia sat down as well, holding her head high. "At least when you leave for your quest you won't have to deal with her distractions. Speaking of, are you...are you leaving soon?" Her question was almost, just almost, timid. She didn't want him to leave at all, and cursed the rules that made him go.

He saw the eyeroll when she mentioned her sister, and it caused his lip to rise in a smile. She had such spirit, that most others lacked. Shaking his head, but in an amused fashion he chuckled. He hadnt liked thinking of leaving. He wasnt too keen on having to leave and leave his home for awhile. He supposed he should have been excited, but exploring had never been his thing. "Likely within the next day or two. Gotta get it over with." He smiled, rubbing the back of his head with a paw.

"Just don't do anything too stupid, okay?" She tilted her head, her smile softening. His chuckle hadn't lightened her mood considerably. How was it even possible for one person to do that? "Such as picking a fight with a rogue. They're dirty, and vicious. You never know what kinds of tricks they might use against you. That goes for the females, too." She nodded. "Sorry if that was out of place, but my parents used to be rogues, and my father told me as much."

With that, he closed the distance in between them, and placed a paw on her cheek. He appreciated her concern, and if anything it meant maybe she was feeling the same way he felt about her. With a soft smile, he looked into her nervous eyes and let his show softness and calm. "Dont you worry. Ill be coming back. After all, what would you do without me?" He teased gently. He knew it wasnt really a good thing that she was so close to her, but its not like he could help himself anymore.

Yessenia couldn't breathe. For once in her life she still, submitted for that one moment to the male in front of her. Her heart sped fast, sending tremors down her legs straight to her paws. On impulse, she leaned forward, pressing her nose against his. "I don't think I could ever smile without you next to me," she whispered, looking straight into his calm eyes. Rules be damned; she knew what she wanted and that was being close to Tobi.

When she leaned in to press her nose against his, he smiled, and his cheeks almost tinged with a blush but he had masked that pretty well. It was a picture perfect moment, a moment that some dreamed about when their mates would come to them and tell them that they loved them. He loved her, and he hoped that she felt the same. If she didn't, then he knew he wouldnt survive! Or.. at least he thought so. "Do you mean that?" He asked gently.

"Yes," she stated quietly, but boldly. There was no hiding it now. She'd dreamed of someone to value her as she was since she was a little girl, to sweep her away to a land of dreams and happiness. As much as she might have tried to hide her growing affection from her family, the one person she would never do that to was right before her. Everything about him she loved and cherished. It was why she was so scared he wouldn't return from his quest, or worse, not return to her, but she held faith.

"Then I will return to you. No rogue will sweep me away or steal my heart. For the only one who really has it, is already waiting for me." He grinned, and then smiled softly. "I wouldn't go, if I didn't have to. The thought of leaving you has had me incredibly distraught." He admitted.

"Don't stress over it, so you can stay clear headed and return to me quickly." She smiled softly. "If I carry your heart, then you have mine, and I would hate to part with it for too long."

Fin!

(WC: 1,220)